Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

RRPete

@Exeldro thanks for the update, makes instant replays so easy. But when saving the replay, audio captured taken from the elgato HD60X has a crackle sound to it on the clip, where as if I watched the video back there was no crackle on the stream itself. Any advice?

jegadk

One (potentially silly) question: is there a way to use a Browser source as the replay Video Source, or a workaround for this? We stream live rugby and would love the ability to show replay angles from our wireless goal post cameras. These stream directly to an IP address which we pull into OBS as a Browser source. No luck getting the plug-in to work with these so far.
Hi.

Just tried it.
My test: In sources inserted Browser object wiht url to a youtube video. Added a replay source with Video Source = Browser and a directory to save to. Now just setup a shortcut to save. This works fine

scotthoward432

Thank you for your answer !

So I am going to test for "audio driver conflict resolution", but the only common element between the 2 computers (not counting OBS) is voicemeeter banana.

For the example, here is a link, I have chosen music on purpose so that we can hear it well.
(But when I play the replay directly in OBS, I have no problem with the sound. This is only when the file is saved.)

I am a musician recording on my laptop using OBS through my Yamaha Board MG10(should have gotten one above that one, didnt realize but still should be ok) and my TC Helicon Vo8icelive2. I have been using OBS for about a year and never had a problem till now. This crackling whenever I sing or speak or play guitar. I have watched all the YouTube videos and done what was recommended but no difference. I have Shure wireless microphone or an AKG which is a great microphone. It picks up everything... My interface is the BehringerU-phoria UMC204HD. So to recap:

Microphone- Shure Wireless or AKG (requires Phantom)
Laptop Ryzen (gamer laptop)
Interphase - Behringer UMC20HD
Board - Yamaha
Voice box - TC Helicon VOICELIVE2

HOW do I get rid of this crakle... I have reinstalled the OBS software, and switched out most of the wires, figuring maybe one of the wires had issues.. I figured maybe the wires were on top of each other so I separated most of them. I have just changed the output to the Realtek speakers on the laptop...

And will see what happens... in the meantime, any thoughts?
scotthowardmusicteam@gmail.com

thanks so much in advance,

Scott

RacineRaiders

Hello, we run a multi-camera setup. The replay functionality is awesome. I've seen people asking about showing replays from different camera sources. We use an ATEM Extreme ISO that feeds OBS and I haven't seen anyone indicate they have that setup.

Currently, our replays are only what in Program so it has the scoreboard bug overlay and sponsor logos over the replay. Using our set up, is there a way to pull a clean feed replay and to create a clean feed of replays that are grouped that we could play at halftime or after the game? Thanks.

Altezza

Hello, we run a multi-camera setup. The replay functionality is awesome. I've seen people asking about showing replays from different camera sources. We use an ATEM Extreme ISO that feeds OBS and I haven't seen anyone indicate they have that setup.

Currently, our replays are only what in Program so it has the scoreboard bug overlay and sponsor logos over the replay. Using our set up, is there a way to pull a clean feed replay and to create a clean feed of replays that are grouped that we could play at halftime or after the game? Thanks.
If you put all of the overlays with the Atem, than you can not to save a clean feed. But if you use the OBS for the lower thirds and other overlays than you have to set your camera (in this case the Atem output) as source in the replay source. I also use an Atem mini, and I use the replay source this way.

RacineRaiders

If you put all of the overlays with the Atem, than you can not to save a clean feed. But if you use the OBS for the lower thirds and other overlays than you have to set your camera (in this case the Atem output) as source in the replay source. I also use an Atem mini, and I use the replay source this way.
Thanks. We do have it set up this way. We pull in 2-3 cameras through the ATEM. We pull the scoreboard bug in from live-score-app and it seems to be part of the recording. We don't have that turned on in the replay scene but it still shows when we do a play back. Any thoughts as to why? Appreciate the help. The videos we record off the ATEM are clean and I can do clean highlights after the fact but not while the game is in progress.

Altezza

Thanks. We do have it set up this way. We pull in 2-3 cameras through the ATEM. We pull the scoreboard bug in from live-score-app and it seems to be part of the recording. We don't have that turned on in the replay scene but it still shows when we do a play back. Any thoughts as to why? Appreciate the help. The videos we record off the ATEM are clean and I can do clean highlights after the fact but not while the game is in progress.

I do not know what can be the problem.
In my case (I do youth basketball streams), the Atem Mini is connected via HDMI and Elgato Camlink 4K to my laptop, insteadof the Atem Mini usb output, since that transfers only video, without sound.
So the video source in the OBS is the Elgato Camlink. All the overlays, including the scoreboard are additinal layers (sources), so the live stream contains all.
For the replay I use a different scene, where the video source is also the Elgato Camlink, (so not the full scene which contains every overlay etc.). Since that scene contains only that video source and one "Replay" overlay picture it is impossible to show other than those two things during the replay. (All I can think is that you play your replays in the same scene as the live stream, so all the overlays are there too.)

RacineRaiders

I do not know what can be the problem.
In my case (I do youth basketball streams), the Atem Mini is connected via HDMI and Elgato Camlink 4K to my laptop, insteadof the Atem Mini usb output, since that transfers only video, without sound.
So the video source in the OBS is the Elgato Camlink. All the overlays, including the scoreboard are additinal layers (sources), so the live stream contains all.
For the replay I use a different scene, where the video source is also the Elgato Camlink, (so not the full scene which contains every overlay etc.). Since that scene contains only that video source and one "Replay" overlay picture it is impossible to show other than those two things during the replay. (All I can think is that you play your replays in the same scene as the live stream, so all the overlays are there too.)
Hmm...Interesting that you're not able to carry audio via the ATEM because we carry audio and video from the ATEM. I wonder if it's how the laptop and OBS recognize the ATEM vs. the Elgato Camlink? It seems I have everything set up as you do. Would you mind sharing screenshots from your live stream and your replay stream so I can see if there's something that's not quite the same on my end? Thanks!

Altezza

Hmm...Interesting that you're not able to carry audio via the ATEM because we carry audio and video from the ATEM. I wonder if it's how the laptop and OBS recognize the ATEM vs. the Elgato Camlink? It seems I have everything set up as you do. Would you mind sharing screenshots from your live stream and your replay stream so I can see if there's something that's not quite the same on my end? Thanks!
As far as I know the Atem Mini (base model) provides only picture without sound via the USB connection. Only the HDMI output get both.

You can check a replay here ("ISMÉTLÉS" means REPLAY in Hungarian):

See my settings below.
- "Videórögzítő eszköz" = Video capture device

Hope this will helps.

Attachments

• OBS 1.jpg
    OBS 1.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 92
  • obs 2.jpg
    obs 2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 92
  • obs 3.jpg
    obs 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 90
  • obs 4.jpg
    obs 4.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 88

pdcleaner

Hmm, OBS 27.2.2 then 27.2.4, installed the ReplaySource-plugin but its not available to add The ReplayInput in OBS .
Have i missed something ?

ne0lines

I've just updated to OBS 28 and when I save a replay (switch to replay scene) I get nothing but a black screen. Also there's nothing saved in the replay directory.

Last edited:

Altezza

I've just updated to OBS 28 and when I save a replay (switch to replay scene) I get nothing but a black screen. Also there's nothing saved in the i

I have the same situation sometimes. If you select a different source to capture than select the one that you want after that, it works. Somehow it seems that the replay source do not recognise the source even the source name is right at the source tab.

Flicker

Hello, why use a plugin whereas there is a built in function? I'm just confused and genuinely would like to know! Thanks

Exeldro

@Flicker the build in version is on the full output, not on a single source and with the build in replay buffer you have to wait for the replay to be saved to disk before you can play it.

Flicker

@Flicker the build in version is on the full output, not on a single source and with the build in replay buffer you have to wait for the replay to be saved to disk before you can play it.
Thanks for your answer, I don't really understand difference is there between full output and single source. For the second part, I understand the replay is saved in RAM rather than your drive?

Flicker

Oh I understand now, sorry! Ah yes, replay on a single source is super interesting.

ne0lines

I just can't get this plugin to work anymore :( It used to load the replay when ever I switched to the replay scene, but now it won't do that anymore. Now, if I go to the Replay Source properties and click the "Load Replay" button it'll capture the replay, but it doesn't do that automatically when I switch to the replay scene anymore. I've tried to use the hotkey to load the replay but that doesn't work either.

Using OBS 28.1.1 right now, but this plugin hasn't been working for me since I updated to OBS 28.

OP3

@Exeldro I'm using OBS 27.2.4 and just ran the windows installer to no avail, then manually installed the dll's to the appropriate location. Log file states the module could not be found (gives the proper location as ../../obs-plugins/64bit/replay-source.dll, relative to the exe).
Not sure why it can't find this particular plug in correctly. Any suggestions sir?

OP3

@Exeldro I'm using OBS 27.2.4 and just ran the windows installer to no avail, then manually installed the dll's to the appropriate location. Log file states the module could not be found (gives the proper location as ../../obs-plugins/64bit/replay-source.dll, relative to the exe).
Not sure why it can't find this particular plug in correctly. Any suggestions sir?
Downloaded the next newest version of this and it works and finds the dll, so I can see the option to add this. However, despite choosing 15 second (or more) replays it seems to be limited to 5 seconds in the replay. I saw a review of replay source state the same thing... @Exeldro what am I missing?

OP3

Downloaded the next newest version of this and it works and finds the dll, so I can see the option to add this. However, despite choosing 15 second (or more) replays it seems to be limited to 5 seconds in the replay. I saw a review of replay source state the same thing... @Exeldro what am I missing?
Nevermind, whatever was occurring on the first tries is now not happening. Working as expected, great plug in... thank you!!