Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

ne0lines

I have a feature request :D I play multiple replays in a row (maximum replays = 5), however I have a stinger transition to my replay scene that takes 4000ms to play, so the start delay is perfect for setting start delay 4000ms, however this means I get a 4000ms freezetime inbetween replays. Would be nice to have start delay only affecting the first replay to counter the transition.

przemoo

Hi guys,

I have been struggling with this problem for some time now. I'm using replay plugin by @Exeldro.
I show replays from 3 cameras - they don't last long (5-8 seconds each). I often experience frame drops when loading replays.

At the beginning of the broadcast, these drops are small and it quickly returns to 50 frames. Unfortunately, the longer the broadcast lasts, the framedrops become larger - after 2 hours of work it rarely returns to 50 frames... Framedrops also persist after replays are closed and often only briefly revert to 50fps. And then they fall again... CPU usage is quite low (20-30% max).

I tried changing OBS settings, but it doesn't help. I probably haven't tried everything, but I don't know what to do anymore. Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem? What settings should I pay attention to eliminate framedrops? I don't have this problem when I use two or less cameras (we have problems when using 3 or 4).

Does anybody have a clue what is the problem? We stream in 1080p50. Bitrate 6500-7500.

Computer specifications:
Intel Core i7-9700KF
CPU @3.60GHz
48 GB RAM
NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660
Windows 10 Pro x64
OBS 30.0.2

Attachments

• IMG_9624 kopia.jpg
    IMG_9624 kopia.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 55

filippoadessi

@filippoadessi the crash report you provided does not contain the call stack of the thread that crashed. Can you provide the full error report as text file?
Sorry for my delay but I had some problems with bandwidth during my live sessions so I was unable to take replays. Here attached you can find the last obs crash occured at replay source play.

Attachments

• obscrash_replay.log.txt
    407.2 KB · Views: 15

Tomasz Góral

Hi guys,

I have been struggling with this problem for some time now. I'm using replay plugin by @Exeldro.
I show replays from 3 cameras - they don't last long (5-8 seconds each). I often experience frame drops when loading replays.

At the beginning of the broadcast, these drops are small and it quickly returns to 50 frames. Unfortunately, the longer the broadcast lasts, the framedrops become larger - after 2 hours of work it rarely returns to 50 frames... Framedrops also persist after replays are closed and often only briefly revert to 50fps. And then they fall again... CPU usage is quite low (20-30% max).

I tried changing OBS settings, but it doesn't help. I probably haven't tried everything, but I don't know what to do anymore. Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem? What settings should I pay attention to eliminate framedrops? I don't have this problem when I use two or less cameras (we have problems when using 3 or 4).

Does anybody have a clue what is the problem? We stream in 1080p50. Bitrate 6500-7500.

Computer specifications:
Intel Core i7-9700KF
CPU @3.60GHz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro x64
OBS 30.0.2
How you set replay ?
I use I7 6700, I7 9700 and I7 10700 and never got any problems, but GPU <70% CPU <50%.

OP3

Hi guys,

Computer specifications:
Intel Core i7-9700KF
CPU @3.60GHz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro x64
OBS 30.0.2
I have had performance issues after doing several replays in the past, increased my memory in the laptop which helped a lot but I still see if every once and a while. He just put out a new release fixing some memory leaks... try it out w your setup.

Tomasz Góral

How much RAM do you have?
You can see my replay settings in attachment
And the winner is - check Lossless
I have on one system 8GB rest 16GB.

Bo teraz masz kompresowane klatki i nie potrzebnie obciążasz system, pytanie po co. Jak zaznaczysz aby nie kompresował musisz mieć tylko szybkie dyski aby zapisywały dane. Przy ładowaniu powtórek będą się szybciej ładowały.

przemoo

And the winner is - check Lossless
I have on one system 8GB rest 16GB.

Bo teraz masz kompresowane klatki i nie potrzebnie obciążasz system, pytanie po co. Jak zaznaczysz aby nie kompresował musisz mieć tylko szybkie dyski aby zapisywały dane. Przy ładowaniu powtórek będą się szybciej ładowały.
Unfortunately, selecting 'lossless' did not help - the frames are dropoing. Maybe my RAM is too slow (DDR3) and I should replace it with a faster one?

Tomasz Góral

yesUnfortunately, selecting 'lossless' did not help - the frames are dropoing. Maybe my RAM is too slow (DDR3) and I should replace it with a faster one?
DDR3 on I7 9 gen. impossible.
First check additional elements (text, graphics) and remove, yesterday on 30.0.2 my colegue find problem, frames drop when file reading on network, on version 29.x don;t any problem.
Monitor disc, lossless need more bandwidth to save file from one cam.
Put here last log file.
What type caputure card you have ?

vanawesome

Hello, I love the plugin, having one issue tho.
The files that are saved in the specified directory, They are either .FLA or .AVI files depending on if I select "lossless"
When I play these files back outside of OBS, they video plays back double speed, and the audio plays back realtime, They should only be 5 second files, but the duration of the clips is showing 11 seconds. The last 6 seconds are black with no audio.

It looks and plays back perfectly within OBS. Even if i have max replays set to more than 1. It recalls and plays them back as expected. It's only when I'm trying to use those files outside of OBS. Any idea how to get the recorded files to playback normally?

Here are my settings
OBS Mac 30.0.2
Canvas and output 3840x2160
59.94 fps

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2024-02-15_13-02-03.jpg
    2024-02-15_13-02-03.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 22
  • 2024-02-15_13-03-03.jpg
    2024-02-15_13-03-03.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2024-02-15_13-01-39.jpg
    2024-02-15_13-01-39.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 24

Destroy666

I'm not sure I understand the flow of this plugin, although I read the description thoroughly few times.

My goal is this setup:
- while in some scene(s) record last X (let's say 10) seconds up to Y times (let's say 5)
- I later switch to a scene which includes Replay Source
- the recorded replays start all playing one after another
- then I press clear hotkey to reset and the process repeats

Is this achievable? Which hotkeys do I need to set up for that to work? I tried playing with load replay/save replay/clear hotkeys, but I don't quite get what they exactly do. E.g. "Save the loaded replay disk." doesn't quite make sense gramatically, I assume "to disk", but the pressing load -> save doesn't seem to respect the length/maximum settings I mentioned earlier, set in the source, with "Loop all". It only loads/saves one replay and only 4 seconds. So I'm quite confused as to what I'm missing.

1708086950332.png

Last edited:

Destroy666

Ok, 10 seconds and multiple replays started working on next launch, so I guess that just bugged out inthat session, somehow.

Trainotti

I'm using the 1.7.0 version, and OBS 30.0.2. When I click to Load Replay, the plugin capt a printscreen of the first frame of replay, and not the time I imputed when configuring.
Someone having the same problem?

SirCeacea

Hello, I love the plugin, having one issue tho.
The files that are saved in the specified directory, They are either .FLA or .AVI files depending on if I select "lossless"
When I play these files back outside of OBS, they video plays back double speed, and the audio plays back realtime, They should only be 5 second files, but the duration of the clips is showing 11 seconds. The last 6 seconds are black with no audio.

It looks and plays back perfectly within OBS. Even if i have max replays set to more than 1. It recalls and plays them back as expected. It's only when I'm trying to use those files outside of OBS. Any idea how to get the recorded files to playback normally?

Here are my settings
OBS Mac 30.0.2
Canvas and output 3840x2160
59.94 fps

Thank you!
I also see this bug on my computer. For now, I'm recording the videos as lossless, then using ffmpeg later to encode them, which results in a perfect capture.

krauhzerv

Hi Exeldro, amazing plugin. For me, it works much better than the ones that require you to use instant replay buffer.
Is there a way to change the format fille the video is genterated to mp4 or mkv? or is there a way to make the video file size a bit smaller? I stream at 35mbs but the short clip is recorded at 60.000.

petjo10

Hi Exeldro,
In this plugin (Replay Source) you have a function to "Step forwards ´N´ frames" or backwards.
Would it be possible to write a plugin/script to have this function in a "Mediasource"?
Best regards