Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

Exeldro

With studio mode it works if you switch duplicate scenes off.
1554960471346.png

Last edited:

pehmonippe

Hi Exeldro,

Thanks for amazing plugin. It does not simplify replays in my sports broadcasts, buts adds a new dimension to them.

I successfully installed the plugin and got it nicely working with my Lenovo P51 laptop's integrated webcam. However, when I connect my Panasonic video camera via Blackmagic design Ultra Studio Mini Recorder I cannot get it working properly. With identical setup as with integrated webcam, I can only load source using the property dialog with still image (I assume it is single frame). Looks like it does not support async filter. Do you have any idea what's going on?

An idea came to my mind when writing this, would it work, if I use (cam only) scene instead of source as replay source?

My hardware has I7 CPU with 64 GB Ram and 4 GB Nvidia GPU. From task manager's perspective I am not reaching any resource limits and otherwise my camera setup works correctly.

Exeldro

@pehmonippe Decklink has his own source type and does not use the video capture device source. I have no experience with that and no way of testing it. Is your source active when you load the replay? You can try and remove the async filter and put a non async filter with exactly the same name on it. Capturing the scene instead of the source might also work, it will give you a non async filter on the scene and no audio in the replay.

pehmonippe

@Exeldro, thanks for prompt reply. Fair enough, that's what I expected. Replay without audio is not an issue for me, I can live with that.
Anyway, I'll test your suggestion and the workaround later today.

Keep up the good work!

pehmonippe

@Exeldro, got it working with workaround. Kept testing on and off for few hours without issues. The only problem I encountered was creating new scene collection from scratch. I had a collection with replays enabled while selecting new and each time Obs crashed. I had to exit Obs, remove the plugin to create a new collection and re-install the plug-in to get it done. Then again things were fine.

I'm now very happy with the functionality - replays from different camera angles! Event most commercial counterparts do not have this out of the box. Excellent!

HCVoiron

@Exeldro, got it working with workaround. Kept testing on and off for few hours without issues. The only problem I encountered was creating new scene collection from scratch. I had a collection with replays enabled while selecting new and each time Obs crashed. I had to exit Obs, remove the plugin to create a new collection and re-install the plug-in to get it done. Then again things were fine.

I'm now very happy with the functionality - replays from different camera angles! Event most commercial counterparts do not have this out of the box. Excellent!
Hi,
You have several cameras, and so do I... i can't figure out how to have multi cam replays, most probably because i don't get how to deal with the hotkeys... Can you give a short explanation on how you did it ?

Regards
Stephane

This is what works for me.Make a replay "scene" for each of your cams. Put your replay input in there.
replay01.jpg

I just want the replay to play once and then switch back to my main cam.
replay02.jpg

You switch to the scene here
replay03.jpg

You load the replay here
replay04.jpg

FWIW, I use an xkeys stick mounted to my main cam tripod arm to switch cameras and trigger the replays

Exeldro

Here is my setup:
  • Live scene camera 1
    • Score overlay scene
    • video capture device 1
    • Hotkey Show 'Score overlay scene': F10
    • Hotkey Hide 'Score overlay scene': F10
  • Live scene camera 2
    • Score overlay scene
    • Video capture device 2
  • Live scene camera 3
    • Score overlay scene
    • Video capture device 3
  • Score overlay scene
    • Browser
  • Replay scene camera 1
    • Replay overlay scene
    • Replay input 1
      • Video source: video capture device 1
      • Capture internal frames: ✓
      • Duration (ms): 5000
      • Maximum replays: 1
      • Visibility Action: Continue
      • End Action: Loop single
      • Text source: Text (GDI+) replay 1
      • Text Format:
        FPS: %FPS%
        SPEED: %SPEED%
        PROGRESS: %PROGRESS%
        DURATION: %DURATION%
        TIME: %TIME%
      • Progress crop source: Color Source replay 1
      • Hotkey Load replay: F12
  • Replay scene camera 2
    • Replay overlay
    • Replay input 2
      Same as Replay input 1
  • Replay scene camera 3
    • Replay overlay
    • Replay input 3
      Same as Replay input 1
  • Replay info scene
    • Text (GDI+) replay 1
    • Color Source replay 1
    • Text (GDI+) replay 2
    • Color Source replay 2
    • Text (GDI+) replay 3
    • Color Source replay 3
  • Replay overlay scene
During a game I switch between the live camera scenes to get the best view of the action. For the switching I use the multiview with the option "Click to switch between scenes" on. As soon as something interesting happend I press F12 which loads the 3 replays.
I watch all 3 replays playing synchronous in a loop on my multiview to see which camera has the best view for a replay.
As soon as there is a dull moment I switch to the replay scene with the best view. During the playing of the replay I can switch camera angle by switching to a different replay scene.

If I want stinger transitions for my replays I use OBS Transition Matrix to set the transitions only switching from a live scene to a replay scene.

HCVoiron

All right both of you, great answers !!! :D
And the replays are now working perfectly !!! it'll be a great leap forward !!!
I know it's very bad to shout, but... THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! :D

HCVoiron

I can handle my three cams with independant replays (and the transition matrix is Great, by the way...). Still i have an issue... I have now and then crashes when exiting OBS (that i don't have when i remove the replay plugin), but this is not the real problem even though it may help to find out my main problem. Every time i quit my windows session, or when i restart my computer, the replay stops working :
when i hit the load key, i can see briefly a frame in the multiview, then nothing else. The replay shows nothing and the saved file (.flv) is 423 octet large.
If i delete the source and rebuild it, it works again until i leave the session...
My replay scenes are pretty simply built : just the replay as a source, no overlay.

I have the F12 hotkey to load every replay (left, central and right cam), F12 also to save every replay. I use the Keypad "5" (for example) to swith to the "central" scene and restart the replay.

Is there a way to help to track down this problem ?

replay cam pbm.PNG

HCVoiron

Thanks for your answer : I tried to change from 5000ms to 4000ms and after this, the loading and playing was ok. After setting it back to 5000ms again, it keeps working. I guess i'll fix the problem this way next time :)

EliTheIceMan

Thank you for this amazing plugin. Is it possible to be recording/buffering a replay while another is being played back, both using the same source? I have tried two different methods. Firstly, simply using a max replays of 2. I was hoping that the buffer was continuous and that load pulled a snapshot of it. Load>Last>Load>Last but it appears the second replay only starts when the first finished playing.
Second method was then to add two separate replay inputs, both with the same source and a max replays of 1, and try alternating between them. I was using show/hide to switch them out. (Maybe if they were in separate scenes instead?) Hoping that one would record while the other played but I got the exact same behavior as method one.

Exeldro

@EliTheIceMan Sorry I don't fully understand your use case. You want to load a new replay while the previous one is saving? That should work even with max replays set to 1.

EliTheIceMan

Not saving/exporting but playing back. (I was using the last command because my replay and live view were in different scenes.) I did more experimenting and found that the answer seems to simply lie in that replay doesn't buffer a source if the source is not active in the current scene (even if replay is in a different scene). What does "capture internal frames" do? That sounds like it may be what I'm looking for but enabling this option crashes OBS every time. I do believe I found an alternate solution by putting the replay on top of the live view and hiding the replay when needed. That way, when the replay is playing, it can still record the live which is under it. (Hiding it also stops the buffering.)
My source is an rtsp stream from an IP cam but I've been testing with a webcam.

Exeldro

"capture internal frames" is for when you have a source that has more FPS than you output and want to do a slow motion replay.
This tries to get extra frames out of the inner workings of the source.
If you can't record anything that is not rendered, you can make it render by using a projector of that scene or the multiview.