Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

@Exeldro : Found another OBS Stall using your Plugin when switching between two Scenes where different Video Inputs are used and one is used as Video source for replay. Saw no issue when I was waiting the configured amount of time in Duration Setting of your plugin

Exeldro

@Andreas Kronlachner can you try if having a projector or multiview open with the source you are trying to capture helps? This will make sure the source you are capturing the replay from is rendered.

@Exeldro : Played around for a few hours with your great plugin and found following topics:
Used Laptop DELL Inspirion 7577, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1050Ti, OnBoard WebCam, additional Logitech CS920 and SONY CX900e hooked on via Magewell USB Capture HDMI. Furthermore attached Elgato Streamdeck (want to use this for handling Slomo with your plugin)

So Outcome was: After using proposed Multiview (thanks for the tip) I was finally able to run all 3 cams in parallel with slomo preview - great!

* found that with 1920p 50fps 16 GB RAM consumption with 3 parallel replay Scenes allows for 6 replays a' 5 seconds
* found that lossless saving of 3 parallel replays (3 different filenames of course) for 5 seconds replay crashes OBS
* found that not lossless saving just works for 2 replay Scenes and not more (3rd file simply gets not written to disk (SSD 128GB)
* tried various combinations with scene switching but had always the issue that when I fill "Next Scene" and then show the Replay Scene live, OBS stalls short afterwards - any idea for solution of automatic Scene switching here?

Exeldro

@Andreas Kronlachner your setup looks very much like how I use my plugin. 3 cameras on 1 laptop with replay for all cameras triggered by a streamdeck.
I know there are issues with saving I just have not been able to solve them. Do you save all 3 replays at the same moment? By using 1 hotkey to trigger all 3?
Does OBS stall during showing the replay or does it stall after switching to the "next scene"? Can you provide me a log of a session with the stall issue?

@Exeldro : Added some Logs now - not sure if you can find sth. in there

Attachments

• 2019-04-07 14-20-12.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2019-04-07 14-51-05.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2019-04-07 14-53-38.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2019-04-07 14-58-41.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 26
@Exeldro: Saw also Advanced Scene Switcher Plugin - hope this ev. can solve the issue meanwhile - but would not be the preferred solution. HAve you experienced also same issues with automatic Scene switching after replay is ended?

Exeldro

@Andreas Kronlachner in the logs I notice you switch from 'Replay Table Scene' to 'Replay Table Scene' why do you switch to already showing scene?
For me it works with the next scene option. For the next scene I use the scene with the live view of the camera in the replay. In your case in 'ReplayInputTotale' I would put 'Totale' as next scene.

BTW You didn't have to change the scene names from german to english. I'm from the netherlands and I can read german.
If you wan't faster contact you can contact me on the OBS discord server or send me a private message for other contact methods.

@Exeldro - Attached further log files. Now I think I totally broke your Plugin. it isn't working in the simplest of all Settings....

Attachments

• 2019-04-09 01-01-59.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2019-04-09 01-08-37.txt
    11 KB · Views: 22
  • 2019-04-09 01-11-29.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 23

Exeldro

@Andreas Kronlachner I use version 23.1, that should not be the problem.
Is your multiview on in these tests?
In your logfiles the plugins seems to be loaded correctly.
Did you check your hotkey settings are still correct?

Exeldro

I have same hotkey set for "Load replay" for all my cameras. I have the replays connected to the camera sources, not the scenes, to get the replay without (score) overlays and with audio.
Each replay has a scene to show the last loaded replay. each of these scenes has a hotkey to switch to them. The hotkey on my elgato streamdeck are at the relative same position as in the scenes in the multiview.
In the multiview I have the replay of each camera underneath the live view of the camera.
I have 1 hotkey to start playing all 3 cameras at the same time so I can switch cameras during the playing of the replay. I keep all 3 replays at the same speed to be able to switch between the replays without them getting out of sync.
I don't record my replays to disk.

@Exeldro I also have same hotkey for "Load replay" for all 3 cameras and have also the replays connected to the camera sources - currently without audio. I wonder if eventually different original frame rates from the cams cause issues as I have set output to 1080 50fps (Wecam just having max 30fps, 920 Logitech also max 30fps at 1080, Sony 50fps at 1080) - What cameras do you use?

In general, what I would like to achieve is as follows:

Before I show the recorded replay(s) live, I would like to see it in preview to ensure all is fine and not trim is needed. I saw this is possible with your solution.

Furthermore I would like to record at least 2 different replay compositions:
1. Last replay of course (replay of great shots which just happened)
2. At least last 4 replays (for best/deciding shots during the last frame/rack - idea is to show them during balls get re-racked)

I also would like to save those replays on disk

If there is any hint you can give me on this setup, that would be of tremendous help. Especially when it comes to the transitions at the end of the replays. Transition by the way is planned to be executed with a stinger.

@Exeldro Me too. Very busy. Can just perform further testing during the night. Made progress yesterday night by going down from 50p to 25p. Having now hooked on 2 SONY CX900e cams with Magewell HDMI USB 3.0 Capture 2.0 and also using built in WebCam of the DELL Inspirion Laptop.

Total of 10 Scenes, 4 of them Replay Scenes, 2 of them "Single Replay", 2 of them "Multi Replay" with last 4 replays (all 5 sec). Have choosen setting to loop their plays and included text with your label features - show all of them in Multiview 8 scenes - and now the very good news: THEY ALL PLAY IN VERY GOOD SYNC - but had also to change camera settings accordingly and configure capture cards properly.

Now working out scene transitions with matrix plugin - improvements step by step - Greetings from Austria
Andreas

asicisa

Hi! First of all many congrats for this plugin... Amazing!!
I have a crash when i select the "Next scene",at the end of the replay i have a freeze that force closed OBS.
Can you help me?

Thank You!
Immagine.jpg

Exeldro

@asicisa Can you provide me a log of a session with the crash/freeze? Can you try without studio mode?

@Andreas Kronlachner Studio mode does seem to give some bugs combined with this plugin. I will try and fix them. For now I hope you can try the plugin without studio mode.

Last edited: