Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

dungi

Thx for fixing the memory leak :) I got this problem too last week - I will try again and see if it's fixed for me too

@XxX SLY SKILLER XxX a plugin to record a source is possible yes.

I am not gonna lie sir, the ability to record multiple scenes at once in OBS is a feature in high demand by many people in this forum.

I have no idea about programming but I know it's hard and stressful work. So I won't even dare suggest you do it. Just if you feel like doing it someday, it would be a huge gift for the whole community and we would be deeply grateful to you.

In any case, this plugin is already a jewel. Thanks a lot.

higor

Gostaria que o buffer replay salvasse apenas os minutos, tipo quando vc coloca no recurso para salvar 10 minutos e eu salvo o replay com 5 minutos de jogo, ele cria o arquivo de vídeo dos 5 minutos e depois sai como se fosse o buffer do zerado e salvar a partir de onde foi o ultimo salvamento, e não salvasse mais o salvamento anterior com o atual até os 10 minutos, não sei se como é a minha ideia

HCVoiron

Hello,

From the 1.3.6 on, my replays are not saved on the HD anymore. Here's the thing : The game is on, and i have the same hotkey to save and load replays for my three cameras : F12 (i haven't tried to change it.. it just crossed my mind now).

When I press F12, things seems to be OK as i can replay independently my three cam, the right time of replay, the right speed. But when i look at the replay directories (one for each camera), they are all empty. I've tried to re-enter the directory, but it didn't change anything.

The last time it worked was May the 4th (no Star War joke ;) ). This i why i guess it stopped working with the 1.4.x versions (i've downloaded the 1.3.6 the 2019/04/23 and the 1.4.0 the 2019/05/14

I doesn't keep the instant replay from working, but it prevent reviewing past replays...
Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this ?

Best regards

Exeldro

@HCVoiron is there an error in the log? Does OBS have the rights to write in the directory? Is your Filename Formatting not empty?
@higor Sorry, I don't understand your post I tried google translate to read it, but it does not make sense to me.

edoroom

Hi,
First of all thanks for that great plugin!
Hopefully can get some help as I'm trying to figure out how to set it up proprely but just cant get it going well..
Tommorow I'm doing a tennis game stream with friends..
The idea is to have your plugin on 2 different scenes..
One which would call "Challange" Plugin,Which means when the player call "Challange" the guy that outside who control the stream would press (We have elgato stream dock) the button to switch to challange scene there the last 20 sec of the play will wait for the players to come to the laptop and start control the video forward/backward/slowmotion till they see if the ball was "out" or "in" and then when they finish we get back to "stream" scene..

And the other one is "Nice point" scene where it would show the last 5 sec of the stream,Let's say a player doing a nice point then right after the guy outside would change to "stream" scene which would play the last 5 sec in slow motion and then return back to "stream scene"
all looks pretty fine,I tried to setup it up as you explained in your youtube video however what I cant understand is..Why it cant load the reply automatcally and we need someone to press the button to "load reply" instead of just playig it when the scene changing to the "challange" or "nice point" (in my case)

Exeldro

@edoroom have you tried setting the same key for switching to the challenge scene as for loading the challenge replay?
I can make an extra option to load a replay on the replay becoming visible.

edoroom

@edoroom have you tried setting the same key for switching to the challenge scene as for loading the challenge replay?
I can make an extra option to load a replay on the replay becoming visible.
Yeah that should be awsome,
So Solution for now should be that when the guy outside preas to change scene it should also press the hotkey for load replay right?
When its getting back to "stream scene"
it would automatcally clear also the replay from memory as I wont need it anymore or I should. make it also as hotkey?

Exeldro

If you have enough memory to keep 1 replay in memory I would not bother clearing the replay, just set maximum replays to 1 so no more are kept in memory.

AlvaroVS

Hello @Exeldro. I tryed to use the plugin but always my obs crashed for to much resources used.

Have i7 7700K and 16 ram.

Actually I try to save 1 replay or 2. Can you help?

Thanks!

HCVoiron

@HCVoiron is there an error in the log? Does OBS have the rights to write in the directory? Is your Filename Formatting not empty?
Hi, no, there's no error in the log file, There is actually no trace of instant replay at all, as if there was no action at all. I've tried to change the hotkeys for the saving : the logs states that the keys have been changed, but that's all, When I press F12 for the loading, nothing shows, and neither does F11 for the saving.
The filename format if the default one : %CCYY-%MM-%DD %hh.%mm.%ss (which is good enough for me...)
The directories used are the one used by my windows session, and were ok with the 1.3.6 version.

the logs say :

19:44:57.473: ==== Replay Buffer Start ===========================================
19:44:58.669: ---------------------------------
19:44:58.669: [x264 encoder: 'streaming_h264'] settings:
19:44:58.669: rate_control: CBR
19:44:58.669: bitrate: 4000
19:44:58.669: buffer size: 4000
19:44:58.669: crf: 0
19:44:58.669: fps_num: 30
19:44:58.669: fps_den: 1
19:44:58.669: width: 1280
19:44:58.669: height: 720
19:44:58.669: keyint: 60
19:44:58.669:
19:44:58.694: ==== Recording Start ===============================================
19:44:58.694: [ffmpeg muxer: 'adv_file_output'] Writing file 'C:/Users/OBS/Documents/record/2019-06-13 19-44-58.mp4'...
->This is where there should be something about the instant replay....(i guess.) as i pressed the instantreplay hotkeys<-
19:45:17.258: User switched to scene 'replay cam centrale'
19:45:29.885: User switched to scene 'Camera Centrale'
19:45:31.418: User switched to scene 'Camera Centrale'

Exeldro

Exeldro updated Replay Source with a new update entry:

added some logging

added some logging
updated dshow replay source for obs 23.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

example of the logging:
06:43:32.226: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput 2'] updated filter for 'Media Source'
06:43:32.226: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput 2'] connected to 'Media Source'
06:43:35.854: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] connected to dshow 'Video Capture Device'

06:44:33.474: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Load replay pressed
06:44:33.474: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] replay added of 4.97 seconds
06:44:46.550: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] audio triggered
06:44:46.550: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] replay added of 4.97 seconds

Last edited:

HCVoiron

I've tried the plugin, but i've lost the replay parameters. With the 1.4.2 i was able to set the hot keys, and so on... since i've copied the 1.4.3, the replay source disappeared from my scenes. But even if i re-create the replay source, in each scene, they don't appear anymore in the parameters... I've tried to put the 1.4.2 back, but it doesn't solve the problem.. i still don't see the replay parameters

OK, after some computer restart and remove/replace dll, the plugins 1.4.2 is there again... but as soon as i get the 1.4.3, the replay source is out... can't test with the 1.4.3

Last edited:

HCVoiron

@HCVoiron is your OBS on the latest version?
Well, i missed the latest, and after upgrading, the replay is up and running...

So here's the log :
00:18:16.875: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] updated filter for 'Camera Centrale'
/* this was the setting of the right "save" directory */
00:18:16.875: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] connected to 'Camera Centrale'
00:18:26.197: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Load replay pressed
00:18:26.197: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] replay added of 5.00 seconds
00:18:26.251: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Save replay pressed
/* Seems to get the right demand - saving the file */
00:18:30.943: User switched to scene 'replay cam centrale'

00:22:01.842: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] updated filter for 'Camera Centrale'
/* changing the save directory to another disk and directory without specific rw properties (previously in the main users' directory) */
00:22:01.842: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] connected to 'Camera Centrale'
00:22:28.747: User switched to scene 'Camera Centrale'
00:22:32.789: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Load replay pressed
00:22:32.789: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] replay added of 5.00 seconds
00:22:32.842: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Save replay pressed
00:22:36.851: User switched to scene 'replay cam centrale'
00:22:44.470: User switched to scene 'Camera Centrale'

No files are saved in either case.

Regards

Last edited: