Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

Ejay2287

@Exeldro I'm trying to save the replays but when i press the bind for save replay it shows up in the logs but doesn't save to the directory. I can't find it anywhere else on the pc either. The replay function itself work 100% and is amazing but it isn't saving the replays. I tried toggling lossless, changing directories,changing binded key. But nothing is working.

Versions I'm on
OBS: 23.2.1
Replay Source: 1.4.3

18:12:46.537: ------------------------------------------------
18:12:46.543: [game-capture: 'CS:GO Game Capture'] attempting to hook process: csgo.exe
18:12:46.558: [game-capture: 'CS:GO Game Capture'] shared texture capture successful
18:12:46.624: DShow: Run failed (0x800705AA): Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
18:12:46.624:
18:12:56.230: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Load replay pressed
18:12:56.742: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] replay added of 5.00 seconds
18:13:01.041: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] first hotkey switched to replay 1/1
18:13:01.050: User switched to scene 'CSGO Replay'
18:13:01.475: [game-capture: 'CS:GO Game Capture'] capture stopped
18:13:04.963: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Save replay pressed
18:13:06.049: User switched to scene 'CSGO InGame'
18:13:06.059: [game-capture: 'CS:GO Game Capture'] attempting to hook process: csgo.exe
18:13:06.075: [game-capture: 'CS:GO Game Capture'] shared texture capture successful
18:13:11.656: [replay_source: 'ReplayInput'] Save replay pressed

Here are my settings
Settings1.PNG
Settings2.PNG

HCVoiron

@Exeldro I'm trying to save the replays but when i press the bind for save replay it shows up in the logs but doesn't save to the directory. I can't find it anywhere else on the pc either. The replay function itself work 100% and is amazing but it isn't saving the replays. I tried toggling lossless, changing directories,changing binded key. But nothing is working.
I can't really say i'm happy that you encounter this problem, though i'm quite satisfied not to be the only one ;)
I'm currently rebuilding my OBS setup so i can try to see where the problem is, if ever it comes from my setup... The replays used to be saved, but are not anymore... I have done the same test with the hotkeys, changing the directories, etc.

So i'm rebuilding everything (except my win10), new user, new OBS install, i recreate my scenes/sources, and will try again when everything will be ok... The season will start again in september, but i'd like to solve the problem before :)

I don't know if it can help @Exeldro but what hardware are you using ? maybe a driver doing things wrong ?
I'm running
Asus Z270
Intel i5-7400k
16 Gb DDR4 Ram
Geforce Gtx 1050
DeckLink Mini Recorder x3
Win10 Pro (licensed of course)
SSD 500 Gb

J Gerstel

Question about render time: using Stats view you can monitor your render time. When I have Replay Source disabled I can get 4 ms render time which is pretty good for my stream, but when adding and enabling Replay Source to a camera input, then Render times go up to 15 ms. If I want to have higher frame rates then this will result in dropped frames. Is there a way to reduce render times?

Tomek Jaromin

Hi we get strange issue:

When we start OBS on with configured ReplaySource for capture device and we load some replays - the relplay catch only one frame or does not play corectly. Then we change 2 times source for replays to other scene and back again to oryginal one and it starts working. We made 8h transmission with replays and it works greate except this issue on start.

nRec

Hey guys,

@Exeldro, I can't be thankful enough for this plugin, great work. <3

I have the same issue with saving replays but since i'm not the only one, i guess it's ok.

Just here to ask if there is a difference (like in mem usage or in stability) between using multiple replayInput sources with 1 max replay each VS using a single replayInput source with multiple max replays.

Thank you very much !

SnaxBreak

Wow, I did not realize adding TWO ReplayInputs would spike so much CPU usage in OBS. Which is a bummer because I want to do two different effects and since you can't have "profiles" to switch with just one ReplayInput, having two really eats CPU.

Is there any plans to have profiles possibly, or is that even possible? Thank you!

SnaxBreak

@SnaxBreak What settings do you need profiles for? Can you explain your use case a further?

Hi there! I'm currently trying to use the plugin for "Freeze Frame" scenes. These freeze frame scenes are for memes like "To Be Continued" and "Be Right Back." In order for me to execute these I need two separate ReplayInputs. I've basically copied the settings from this reddit thread: https://reddit.app.link/jjE0nFXftZ

But by doing that the CPU usage goes from 3% to like 20+%.

SnaxBreak

So I think I figured out the reason why the CPU spikes. If I select Video Source and select a "Scene" with all my graphical settings and NOT JUST the game (i.e. Display Capture/Game Capture, etc.) Then it'll use up a lot of CPU. Which is unfortunate because I would like to capture the scene I'm in with all the UI's etc.

frodaddy

Hello,
Thanks for this great plugin. I suspect this is more like a feature request. I use the "sound trigger load replay" setting when streaming my golf simulator (trigger by the club hitting the ball). The replaying works like a charm.

I do not switch scenes in this setup it all runs from the same scene. I want to display text overlay on this replay video such as "Instant Replay". The issue I have is that the plugin updates the text source permanently and so this text sticks around even after the replay video has ended and closed itself. Could you not make it where the source text is wiped out once the reply video ends?

Last edited:

frodaddy

Followup on my previous post.

I am using the sound trigger to kick off this replay plugin. I mentioned that one option was to have the source text cleared out each time the plugin is activated. An alternative method is if I can switch to a new scene when this sound trigger happens. I've read all of the docs and it seems only a hotkey can switch scenes.

How can I trigger a new scene just via the sound trigger happening? This would then let me use the "next scene" setting. Would it be possible to add a "starting scene" option or can I do something else to support this?

Exeldro

I'm creating a "starting scene" option. Still not working as I want, but will release a new version of the plugin if I do get it working good.

ddylard1987

HEY GUYS!! Thanks Exeldro first of all. I was wonderingi have a mid range PC im already set up for streamings of consoles and PC games (until 2016). I clarify this because if i wanted to stream for example "Resident Evil 2 Remake" my PC would suffer both in CPU (i have fx 8350) and GPU (i have an old radeon HD6670 2gb). I also have 8 GB RAM . My biggest concern is perfomance used by this plugin. Does the plugin uses resources when not in use?
Does the pluguin uses much RAM?
What can i expect in terms of CPU and RAM usage?
THanks!!!

Exeldro

@ddylard1987 the memory usage depends on the duration, resolution and amount of replays you want to keep in memory.
1 replay of 5 seconds of 1080p at 30 fps takes a bit more than 1GB of memory. But you also need the same amount of memory for the replay you are capturing.
CPU usage depends on the source you are capturing the replay from. Async sources like video capture device or media source don't need much because they output full frames for the plugin to store in memory. Other sources require rendering to get the frame to store in memory.
To make sure the plugin does not use up unnecessary resources you can set hotkeys to enable and disable the replay input.