Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

Niklas Sahlin

Strange thing. My Windows10 become corrupted after the newest windows update and I got to re install everything.
After installing a fresh OBS Studio 24.0.1 with no old plugins etc, you Replay Source is not recogniced by OBS. I have put the two files in to OBS plugins but nothing shows when creating new scenes and sources.
What could I have missed?
Any tips?

Niklas Sahlin

@Exeldro Yes is does but it failing to load
20:28:25.039: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/replay-source.dll': (null) (126)
20:28:25.039: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/replay-source.dll' not loaded

And the files are located in just these places?
C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\replay-source.dll

Tomasz Góral

Hi @Exeldro,
I run last version 1.4.3 with OBS 0.23.1, almost good, some time not work.
But 1.5.0 with 0.24.x is nightmare, after add to scene ReplayInput, CPU run to 100%, GPU to 30%, SSD 60%.
It is difficult for me to say what caused this problem.

Niklas Sahlin

@Exeldro Nope that did no different
This is realy strange

A freschly installd Windows10 and the newest 24.0.1 OBS seems not to recognice Replay 1.5.0
Am I missing something more to add exept this two files from the zip or should this work?

1569263564321.png

Last edited:

Niklas Sahlin

I re-install 23.x.x OBS and 1.4.x Replay and after that I installed again over those versions OBS 24.0.1 and Replay 1.5.0 and now it works?
So something in OBS version 23.x.x is missing in 24.0.1 to get this plugin to work
1569353750932.png

Niklas Sahlin

@Exeldro now it all seems to work as before, but not saving the replays to a specific folder, any tips?
Replay is working like a charm with hotkey num 5 for load and save
and when pressing num 2 it plays the Replay for 12 sec
But the Replay dont wont to be saved to folder.

No error in the log also?
22:51:43.707: User switched to scene 'INPUT CAM 3'
22:52:04.537: [replay_source: 'CAM3 ReplayInput'] Load replay pressed
22:52:04.537: [replay_source: 'CAM3 ReplayInput'] replay added of 11.95 seconds
22:52:04.540: [replay_source: 'CAM3 ReplayInput'] Save replay pressed

No memleaks noted

I've had tested with or without Lossless and tryied with or without Filename Formatting
Same result

1569358560827.png

Niklas Sahlin

@Exeldro I have now installed "OBS Studio 21.1.2" over OBS 24.0.1 (not uninstall) adn then reinstall OBS 24.0.1 again.
Now the Replay is saving a copy in to a folder again.

So my conclusion is that OBS 24.0.1 is missing som files regarding what Replay is needed to be able to save it seft in to a folder.

I tryied with closer versions first like 23.x.x but that did not work.
I needed to go down to OBS 21.x.x to get it working again

Niklas Sahlin

Tnx @Exeldro
One thing I think should be done is a clean install instruction and the level is "install 4 dummies"
Just to minimize all questions regarding whats working or not, I dont meen how to use Replay, that should be up to each user to actuall put in the hours in to understand the application. This is more, If you done the istallation from point 1 to z you then have all the possibillity to succes!

It should be just adding two files in to obs-plugins but now is related into what version of OBS and is it a upgrade version etc.

This is a really good functionallity you built, but to complex and easy to fail if you dont are sure you start using it from a correct level of installation.

My goal is to use this when broadcasting soccer with 1 master CAM and 3-4 slave CAMs and it looks that you are pretty close to get this plugin to be just what I need.

I'll will send you some contributions when/if we are start using this product in LIVE-production.

If you whant me to test something, just come back to me.

Regards

Niklas

Tomasz Góral

I found problem, it's encoder in replay source use x264, is possible to use choice other like QSV or NVENC ?
Because in high resolution 1080> and high fps like 50, CPU usage is very high, 4k25p CPU i5-7xxx kill CPU, without Replay Source CPU 14% usage, with 100%, 1080p25 <25% CPU.

Exeldro

@Tomasz Góral I could make more recording options, but that also implies I have to maintain and test al possible combinations.
I'm trying to find a way to use the recording settings configured in OBS itself, but have not yet have found a way.

JesperBon

I love this plugin. I use it for slowmotion replays of events in icehockey matches, that I live stream. BUT I experience some problems with the pluing. I use the newest version of OBS and of the plugin (but the problem has excisted with all versions I have tried). Sometimes til plugin stops working. When I shift to the replay-scene it just shows a frozen image. This happens even if the pluging has been working perfect prior to this. Has anyone experienced the same and even better, does anyone have a solution to the problem?

Last edited:

Wrecktify

I've recently reinstalled WIndows and needed to reinstall all my plugins as a result. I placed the plugin in the usual folder, but I the scene does not appear in the list of options. Am I missing something here?

chivaverde

I can't really say i'm happy that you encounter this problem, though i'm quite satisfied not to be the only one ;)
I'm currently rebuilding my OBS setup so i can try to see where the problem is, if ever it comes from my setup... The replays used to be saved, but are not anymore... I have done the same test with the hotkeys, changing the directories, etc.

So i'm rebuilding everything (except my win10), new user, new OBS install, i recreate my scenes/sources, and will try again when everything will be ok... The season will start again in september, but i'd like to solve the problem before :)

I don't know if it can help @Exeldro but what hardware are you using ? maybe a driver doing things wrong ?
I'm running
Asus Z270
Intel i5-7400k
16 Gb DDR4 Ram
Geforce Gtx 1050
DeckLink Mini Recorder x3
Win10 Pro (licensed of course)
SSD 500 Gb
I have the same problem. Dont save the replay or OBS crash. Could you solve it?