Hey everyone. I'm currently stuck on the problem for 3 hours now. Everytime I record my video in OBS with my capture card, there is no game audio sound in my video file that I save. This is so freaking frustrating because of it and I really had enough with this issue. Is there a way to solve this issue. I need help with this problem please. Also, the lag. Everytime I save a video file that i recorded, my video keeps lagging when i play my video for no reason. I don't want to be stuck on these problems for hours again. If this problem continues, then I'm not a true gamer. Please tell me. Anyone I need help with these issues. I'm really getting tried of it. >:(

konsolenritter

Everytime I record my video in OBS with my capture card, there is no game audio sound in my video file that I save.

Describe your scenario please, then we might(!) help. Are you recording on a second pc? Should the game sound come thru the capture card, or other way? Are we talking about HDMI capture card? Are your game sending audio thru the hdmi line, if so?

And, as said already:

Describe your scenario please, then we might(!) help. Are you recording on a second pc? Should the game sound come thru the capture card, or other way? Are we talking about HDMI capture card? Are your game sending audio thru the hdmi line, if so?

And, as said already:
Ok I will. I'm trying to calm myself and stay focus. Ok.
Here is the log file and I have a laptop and have a 4K video capture HDMI Ultra. https://obsproject.com/logs/HInR4yrhcgO-oGro

konsolenritter

Anyone. Please reply to this. Otherwise, this site is not trustworthy.

The trustworthiness of this forum doesn't depend on your opinion or your expectations, if and when people should answer your questions, to be honest. Please remember that this forum is supported by volunteers. People like you and me, spread over the whole world, without any refund and compensation for their privately invested time in writing here and all people with their respective day and night time.

The trustworthiness of this forum doesn't depend on your opinion or your expectations, if and when people should answer your questions, to be honest. Please remember that this forum is supported by volunteers. People like you and me, spread over the whole world, without any refund and compensation for their privately invested time in writing here and all people with their respective day and night time.
Yeah. I fully understand what you mean. ok. I did send you the log file about my problem. I'm still new at this software.

konsolenritter

Ooooh. okay. Seen your log. Lots of problems. Clearly understand that you're frustrated now. (This has nothing to do with this forum.) Its your machine. It is a _very_ lean machine to do video encoding in realtime.

Don't trust me. ;) Just have a look by yourself what your log file says:

Ooooh. okay. Seen your log. Lots of problems. Clearly understand that you're frustrated now. (This has nothing to do with this forum.) Its your machine. It is a _very_ lean machine to do video encoding in realtime.

Don't trust me. ;) Just have a look by yourself what your log file says:
Look, I thought this site was suppose to help people with their problems by getting people to help each other. So, I'm being truly honest here. I really want to solve this issue so I don't have to keep dealing with it for hours again. I'm not using the OBS for streaming honestly, I'm using it to record my games with my capture card and post it on YouTube. If this problem is not solved then I'm not a true gamer. I want to be like the rest of them on YouTube for once.

konsolenritter

Yeah, but you sound - at least - very impatient. In reality you search for getting help, right?
If you take a look into what the log analyzer says about your machine, you will learn that in every aspect your current machine consists of a totally underpowered cpu and gpu. Your cpu is a celeron-type N-model. It's not just lean and old, its far less than even underpowered U-models of light-weight laptops these days. Got it?

Personally i would say "Don't try to be like the rest of... us...them..." - anyway. If you want, you should learn that gaming hardware is one of the most demanding.

Lastly you wrote that you're not going to stream, but "just record". Recording differs only in the last step from streaming (poking the stream into a file on disk instead of packets sent to the internet). All of the really hardware (and software) demanding pipeline is in common for recording as well as streaming: Your hardware has to be fast and powerful enough for getting all the sources and stuff in realtime (your case: the capture card). USB dependend hardware is done by the cpu, for sound the same. The OBS mixes all up into a single video composition with the help of a powerful gpu (if any). In all other cases the tasks remain at the cpu alone. Then the encoding stage will follow. According the same rules: Encoding by a gpu (if powerful enough), or the cpu will have to do it all by itself.

OBS is a powerful software solution for things you would spent hundreds and thousands dollars to do in real hardware like audio and video mixers. And its given totally for free to you. But you have to supply a computing hardware that will provide enough power for OBS to do so...
Good N8.

The first part you said. I understand that honestly. Yeah I get that. I will check my log file right now and maybe I would solve the problem on my own. If its not solved, then I will search for a video on how to fix this problem about the lagging or audio whichever. Yeah, your right. I have grown impatient and I blame myself for it. What's the point. :/

Lawrence_SoCal

As @konsolenritter wrote, that is a VERY underpowered computer for real-time video encoding. There are some users on this forum, that have spend a LOT of time, and are master of getting older, under-powered systems to work. So, it is possible, BUT expect to spend a massive amount of time becoming both an OS, and OBS expert, to replicate their results. There is NO easy/quick button/answer for this. OBS is a very powerful, flexible tool, which means what worked for someone else may not work for you (and vice versa).

In your case, you have a Celeron N4020 CPU @1.10GHz which is the absolute cheapest, lowest end new CPU you could get 2 years ago. To make matters worse, you only have 4GB RAM. And then you are running 3rd party security software (which I advise, but not in this case). And you are trying to do 4K video capture... is this even possible? I don't know.. maybe... but don't be surprised if it takes dozens or hundreds of hours or research to get something to work.. and even then, once working, you'll want to add something to make your recording look nicer, and that system won't be capable of it. so, recognize you will struggle with that system on recording, most likely regardless, with any real-time video encoding compositing tool.
if you REALLY want to record game play using OBS (or similar tool), ask yourself which you can spare? time or money?

There may be other options (and OBS forums wouldn't be the place to discuss such) which would work for you? For example, smartphones and tablet have built-in chips for video recording.. note ... no compositing, but maybe sufficient for you?

As @konsolenritter wrote, that is a VERY underpowered computer for real-time video encoding. There are some users on this forum, that have spend a LOT of time, and are master of getting older, under-powered systems to work. So, it is possible, BUT expect to spend a massive amount of time becoming both an OS, and OBS expert, to replicate their results. There is NO easy/quick button/answer for this. OBS is a very powerful, flexible tool, which means what worked for someone else may not work for you (and vice versa).

In your case, you have a Celeron N4020 CPU @1.10GHz which is the absolute cheapest, lowest end new CPU you could get 2 years ago. To make matters worse, you only have 4GB RAM. And then you are running 3rd party security software (which I advise, but not in this case). And you are trying to do 4K video capture... is this even possible? I don't know.. maybe... but don't be surprised if it takes dozens or hundreds of hours or research to get something to work.. and even then, once working, you'll want to add something to make your recording look nicer, and that system won't be capable of it. so, recognize you will struggle with that system on recording, most likely regardless, with any real-time video encoding compositing tool.
if you REALLY want to record game play using OBS (or similar tool), ask yourself which you can spare? time or money?

There may be other options (and OBS forums wouldn't be the place to discuss such) which would work for you? For example, smartphones and tablet have built-in chips for video recording.. note ... no compositing, but maybe sufficient for you?
My pc can handle this. I'm not spending another cent for another powerful PC. The one I have I just got it a few days ago. I mean, I do have 4K capture card video. HDMI and it could be capable of using it. However, when I plugin everything to my capture card, my gameplay shows up in OBS and there is no lag when its not recording. But, when I record stuff and check the video file of MP4, there is lag. So, how can I manage to take care of the lag situation. Everybody hates their games being lag all the time. So, please don't do this to me.

Also. I'm gonna explain two reasons why I got the capture card 4K HDMI in the first place. 1, I want to record my games and post it on YouTube so people can see what I'm playing. and 2, Nintendo Switch record feature by recording your gameplay for 30 seconds is really boring and lame witch they just release that feature a few years ago in 2018. But, Nintendo did said they will make the recording much longer in the future and they been saying this since the release of that feature.

Its been a few years now and no record feature extended for Nintendo Switch updated as of yet. I told myself, they been taking so long to extend that feature and I was like, forget it. I will get the game capture anyway because Nintendo is taken so long to add a long recording time. That's the two reasons why I got the game capture.