Question / Help Dual GPU, Dual Monitor League of Legends Window Capture Error. Blackscreen.

RetroMaster

Hello,

im trying to help a friend fix her obs issues. She has an old laptop with
Dual GPU (Intel integrated graphics and Nvidia NVS 5200M).
She has a
Graphics Tablet (XP-Pen Artist 16)
which functions as a second monitor.

Whenever it is connected to the laptop, league of legends is not being recorded but everything else is. I've tried many different things. She is mainly using Streamlabs OBS but she has the same issues on OBS Studio/Classic.

What we've done:
- select the nvidia gpu in the nvidia control panel
- ran as admin
- restarted pc/obs/league
- updated drivers
- transformed the window capture
- tried compatibility mode
- changed encoder (only x264 and QVC available)

Game Capture doesn't work at all and display capture makes the laptop lag extremely hard. When disconnecting the tablet, the recording works perfectly without issues.
I really don't know what to do anymore.

Sadly i can't post a log because there were no logs available.

Thanks for your help!

Boildown

Chances are the graphics tablet incorporates its own GPU which is too slow for gaming / recording. See if it has a purely monitor mode using the laptop's GPU. How does it connect to the PC? If via a HDMI/DVI/VGA/DisplayPort, then it might work, but if it connects via something like USB, Firewire, etc, I think there's no chance and you need a dedicated external monitor, or just use the laptop's own LCD.

RetroMaster

Chances are the graphics tablet incorporates its own GPU which is too slow for gaming / recording. See if it has a purely monitor mode using the laptop's GPU. How does it connect to the PC? If via a HDMI/DVI/VGA/DisplayPort, then it might work, but if it connects via something like USB, Firewire, etc, I think there's no chance and you need a dedicated external monitor, or just use the laptop's own LCD.
thanks for the reply,

it's connected via HDMI and it doesn't require an USB cable, usb cable only there to ensure the driver works with the pen.
as far as I know the tablet doesnt have it's own gpu. it's already set up as "only monitor" (but with a touch screen working with the pen basically...)