Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

Surge42

It's one of the things I'm working on right now. I want to add different types of animations. They are my main inspiration.
On the other hand, I'm making great strides by enabling shortcut keys. And so it will be compatible with Touchportal or similars.

A test:
View attachment 60211

One of two things will be in the next update. Or both ;)
WICKED!

Surge42

NoeAL, I'm hearing back from a few creators that the LUA script that powers the hotkeys returns a permissions error. What do you think is causing this prompt?

1. Could it be a PC user permission issue?
  2. Could it be the result of the code trying to do something against the will of the PC?
My goal is to provide a solution for these users.

JBreezy

Hi NoeAL,

My question, how do I change the Global Times? I tried clicking in the boxes under the Main settings, but those boxes seem to be unclickable.

shadow_walkerOZ

Great tool, thank you very much, NoeAL!
It runs perfectly when I use it with the control deck.
Next level would be to control it with my Stream Deck. But the Hotkeys are not working !
I fumbled around quite a while now but couldn't get rid of this error:

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...ugins/Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/data/obs-plugins/Lower-Thirds/common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

I thought it is a admin thing, but also moving the file to a public folder doesn't work.
Did someone experience sth similar? Any idea?
Thanks in advance!
Mr. Proxy

I know that this is an old comment, and has already been solved, but I have another solution that also works. I have a script for a registry key that adds a "take ownership" option to your right-click menu (I found it online years ago, but don't remember where it originally came from), and taking ownership of the lower-thirds folder made it just work without having to move anything out of the OBS folder.

If anybody is interested, I've attached the "take ownership" script. It's quite a useful tool to have.

Attachments

• Add_Take_Ownership_to_context_menu.7z
    620 bytes · Views: 95

tuningw

hi developer
i got a question
i put my logos in the logos folder but it stil inst using the logo's i put in chosen at the logo folder
i even used an original logo from you coppy pasted and renamed it than its also broken i dont know whats gooing on

tuningw

hi developer
i got a question
i put my logos in the logos folder but it stil inst using the logo's i put in chosen at the logo folder
i even used an original logo from you coppy pasted and renamed it than its also broken i dont know whats gooing on
got it fixed lol the link i opend came from local temp and i schould be worling in other folder damn me hehe
great tool though

NoeAL

NoeAL, I'm hearing back from a few creators that the LUA script that powers the hotkeys returns a permissions error. What do you think is causing this prompt?

1. Could it be a PC user permission issue?
  2. Could it be the result of the code trying to do something against the will of the PC?
My goal is to provide a solution for these users.
Hi Scott!
Many people install the tool in the OBS folder (inside Program Files folder). The LUA script that is responsible for triggering the hotkeys needs to write a file (hotkeys.js) to communicate with the Control Panel on the Dock. That is why some users may have permission issues.
A solution to avoid this problem is to install ALL the files of the tool in a folder where the system doesn't restrict this writing.

Hope this helps you. ;)

NoeAL

This is an awesome plugin.. but.. man, it's so random what happens when I try to do anything.. it tool a while to figure out what the 10 'check fields' means.. simply because they do not at all behave as expected.. sometimes I have to restart OBS in order to be able to clear any of them.. and currently I can only use "Lower Third 1" and "Lower Third 2". For 3 and 4, I can write whatever I want to, add which ever logo I want, but when I enable them, nothing appears on the screen and I can't enable/disable any of the 10 check-fields like I can with 1+2...

When I first started adding logoes, I would find that sometimes logo for LT1 would override the logo added for LT2.. clearing everything and restarting OBS 'fixed' that, but I really don't like that I potentiallu have to restart OBS every time something goes awry and the controls don't react/respond as expected.. is there a way to 'reset' the module without restarting OBS? .. and how to I get any use out of LT3+4??

While writing this, I actually managed to get something in to LT3 + 4 (the 10 sub fields), but now I can't clear all of them for LT4.. sub field 10 just remains as a stubborn thorn in the eye.. what is going on here?? Doing a 'reset' from the Main Settings menu.. well.. cleared everything, but then when setting something up in LT1, it showed up in the _middle_ of the screen (center middle and vertically middle too...) and stayed there until I did a 'refresh cached page' for the browser source... and now I can actually use all 3 of 'left', 'center' and 'right' align on LT1, which I haven't been able to do at all until now.. but I can no longer add a logo to LT1..

Argh. More stability. please!

Isn't this what this does...??
View attachment 65266

The '2 arrows in a cycle toggles between the memory slots and setting active time to 30s and 'incative' to 4s (to match the in/out animation time, to prevent a clunky transition) seems to do for me that the OP was asking for.. of course there could have been a new update between the OP and me starting/trying) to use this..

PS: Why can't I center LT1?? I've managed to be able to select 'center' alignment ONCE in 6 resets ... and that one time I managed to get access to center alignment, I could no longer add a logo (seems like one of the options must be grayed out.. hah)
Hi. I'm very sorry that you are finding using the tool so frustrating. It seems that some things are not working properly or there is something wrong setting.

If you have any doubt about how to use it, I usually post videos in some updates along with some explanations. You can see it in this link: https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...irds-with-dockable-control-panel.1057/updates

In update 1.4 I added the Autoload function that you comment on. It basically loads the next memory slot when it goes to the inactive state.

And about the memory slots maybe this answer to another user can help you:
It works correctly ... or rather, as I wrote it! Hehe
I think you are understanding it from another point of view.

When you click on an empty slot you copy the content of the fields (name and info) within it. When the slot has something saved, it will always load its content in the text fields when you click it.
If you want to save something new in an occupied slot, you must first empty it by holding the click until it flashes red.

To know what content you have loaded, the slots are marked in white when their content is the same as the name and info fields.

I hope this helps you!

yosuaatps

I'm having a problem. I have followed all procedures. when I activate main and lower third 1, but the animation doesn't appear. I have written the name in the column. What is the problem? thank you
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

PeterMickey

I want the names to be different in each scene and with different names depending on scenes... I'm so dumb I can't figure this out.

Scene 1 - Lower Third ... "Name 1"
Scene 2 - Lower Third .... "Name 1" & "Name 2"
Scene 3 - Lower Third .... "Name 1"

example.png

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 26

ottomauri

Hi,
Thanks for your extraordinary job! I didn't understand how to use hotkeys to call the individual slots. I can activate and deactivate Lower Third 1,2,3 or 4. But if I want to start directly Slot 3 of Lower Third 1, I can only display the Lower Third 1 and not the slot 3. I am attaching a video to explain to me:

Gerbildral

i have a problem with the fonts, i uploaded the font succesfully but after a couple of times i activate the lower thirds, the font just resets and the custom font is still selected but the text is in standart font.
to fix it i have to re-add the custom font

these are the settings, i have it enabled as you see, but it doesnt work after a couple times of use.
lower-third.png

Teaser

don't know if this is possible, but here it goes.....
i am using 3 panel with 4 memory slots each. panel 1 and 2 has 4th memory slot with one single space on both lines, on purpose to leave it blank, so i can have a count of 4 memory slots.
This count of 4 is intended because, on panel 3, i have slot 1 and slot 3 in the same conditions, but slot 3 has 3 spaces on each text box, to make it different from slot 1.
now, panel 1 is configured for left side lower thirds, panel 2 for right side lower thirds, and panel 3 for central.
the idea of this, and working for the most part, is explained just below.
i have set timings on each panel the same way so that panels keep synchronized, 5sec animation, 10 sec active, 30 sec inactive (these numbers were for test purpose only, subject to change), and on global times i put 5-10-60.
now my question comes..... i noticed that every time the last memory slot runs, it goes back to the 1st memory slot, as planned. however, is there a way to set a different time when it reaches the last memory slot? maybe assigned by the global time instead? or maybe create a new timer to force that? or maybe make those panel timers save per memory slot instead of per panel (so that last memory slot has its own longer timer, would work that way as well), considering that last version of your tool can save logos per each individual memory slot now, maybe it could save times also?.
idea behind this is, a sequence of lower thirds. in my case as a twitch streamer i have:

scene 1 (memory slot 1) - LEFT (panel 1) welcome ------------------- CENTER (panel 3) blank ----------------------------- RIGHT (panel 2) rules
scene 2 (memory slot 2) - LEFT (panel 1) facebook ------------------- CENTER (panel 3) Twitter --------------------------- RIGHT (panel 2) Discord
Scene 3 (memory slot 3)- LEFT (panel 1) Twitch ----------------------- CENTER (panel 3) blank ------------------------------ RIGHT (panel 2) Youtube
Scene 4 (memory slot 4)- LEFT (panel 1) blank ------------------------- CENTER (panel 3) various social sites------------ RIGHT (panel 2) blank

they all work properly apart from the last timing, which i wish it could be changed to something different, so that it plays these 4 scenes with a short interval between then, but then when going back to memory slot 1 it would wait longer time so it doesn't annoy viewers constantly popping on screen.
even if i increase time between memory slots on each panel, it would then take too long to play the whole sequence and information could be missed because viewers could think it was the same info as the previous memory slot, or lower third scene as i called it above.

If this was possible to achieve, together with your idea of adding more designs to the lower thirds, it would make your tool absolutely powerful in its purpose.
Hope i didn't bored you with the big text, but was how i could explain it the best way. Adding printscreen of my setup for the intentions mentioned above.
i speak a little bit spanish, in case i am not making myself clear with the text, can try to explain in spanish through private message, if you wish.
Regards.
Marco.

Attachments

• settings02.png
    settings02.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 61
  • settings01.png
    settings01.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 60