Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

Teehaa

I don't know what goes wrong, but a dockabele panel doesn't show up. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
l3-plugin-dockingpannel.jpg

NoeAL

[QUOTE = "NoeAL, publicación: 474896, miembro: 268657"]
NoeAL envió un nuevo recurso:

[plano] Tercios inferiores animados con panel de control acoplable [/ plano] - [plano] Tercios inferiores animados [/ plano]

Leer más sobre este recurso ...
[/CITAR]
Hola como va? Hago Todo Lo Que dados el video Pero al APLICAR me Aparece ESTO:

Uso OBS Live, no se influye

¡No se pudo cargar esa página!

Asegúrese de que la dirección sea correcta y de que el sitio no tenga problemas.

URL del archivo no encontrado : file: /// C: / Users / user / Documents / Lower-Thirds / lower% 20thirds / file: /// C: / Users / user / Documents / Lower-Thirds / lower% 20thirds / control -panel.html
The URL is wrong. It should be:
file:///C:/Users/user/Documents/Lower-Thirds/lower%20thirds/control-panel.html

zakijack654

Very high CPU usage
When I opened the control panel dock, then my CPU ramped up to 100% usage even though I didn't open any other browser dock except this lower thirds. As you can see in the task manager, the process named obs-browser-page.exe had the most of CPU usage than the OBS itself. It happens all the time when I open the dock, but if I close the dock then the CPU usage goes down to normal. I don't know if it occurs only by myself or also by another people but it's so annoying for me as a low spec OBS user. BTW I use OBS with my laptop which is Core i5 4210m and only had integrated Intel HD Graphics.
Screenshot (98).png

^ CPU usage when the control panel dock is open
Screenshot (99).png

^ CPU usage when the control panel dock is closed​

Florza

@Florza: Check if you have Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration enabled (File>Settings>Advanced>Sources section). Did you uploaded the lua script? Go to Tools>Scripts>Select Scripts Tab>click on + button and select from your lower third folder the lua script.
Thanks for your answers!

NoeAL

I am having the same issue, cannot export settings, nothing is copied when I export data
Hi! I don't know why it is not copied to the clipboard. But a temporary solution could be to copy it manually. For that, copy the following two lines at the end of the style-control_panel.css file:

#dataInput { opacity: 1;position: relative; z-index: 0; width: 56px; margin: 0px; height: 26px; order: 2;}
.import-file-btn label { width: 56px;}

Now you will see a field next to the Reset button that will be filled in when you press the Export button. Right-click on it, select all and copy. Now you can paste it into a TXT.

Hope it works until I fix it in future updates.

thisisthevoice

Very high CPU usage
When I opened the control panel dock, then my CPU ramped up to 100% usage even though I didn't open any other browser dock except this lower thirds. As you can see in the task manager, the process named obs-browser-page.exe had the most of CPU usage than the OBS itself. It happens all the time when I open the dock, but if I close the dock then the CPU usage goes down to normal. I don't know if it occurs only by myself or also by another people but it's so annoying for me as a low spec OBS user. BTW I use OBS with my laptop which is Core i5 4210m and only had integrated Intel HD Graphics.
View attachment 64532
^ CPU usage when the control panel dock is open
View attachment 64533
^ CPU usage when the control panel dock is closed​

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue as with my CPU usage spiking just as you describe in your post. I'm not finding a way to solve this as of yet. Can you tell me if you have been able to resolve it? This is an INCREDIBE plug in, and I'm excited to use it -- but, I would need to resolve this CPU usage issue first. Since I do not need to use Hotkeys, I have been trying to follow the information (pasted below) that I found in the comments to NoeAL's video on youTube. However, I've tried changing and deleting as noted in this information, but have not been able to make it work properly.

The biggest issue that I'm having is that I do NOT know EXACTLY what to remove in trying to follow NoeAL's advice to...
"you can remove that function from the script." (as seen in his comments below)

It seems that their should be an easy fix to drop the CPU Usage from the "obs-brower-page".

Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you in advance!

FROM HIS youTube VIDEO POST:

Vagner. Allves
2 months ago

Hello. Can someone help me understand why when opening the control-panel file in the browser the machine's CPU usage increases considerably? Looking at the Windows task manager, the CPU usage by OBS goes from 4% to 55% when activating the Lower dock. Inspecting the Control-panel file in the browser, when analyzing the Network tab, there is a huge number of requests for the Lower-Thirds/ common/js/hotkeys.js file that has a call inside the Control-panel file: // Reload the hotjeys.js file updated by the LUA script function updateHorkeys () { src = '../common/js/hotkeys.js'; $ ('script [src = "' + src + '"]'). remove (); var head = document.getElementsByTagName ('head') [0]; var script = document.createElement ('script'); script.src = src; head.appendChild (script); }

NoeAL This the creator of the PLUG IN
2 months ago
Hi. To know which hotkey is being pressed, the tool has to update and re-read the hotkey.js file. It may be too much for your pc.
If you don't use them you can remove that function from the script.
Don't forget to also remove the line that calls the "updateHotkeys ();" function, near the end of the control-panel.html file.
If you use the hotkeys, you can try to decrease the refresh time. Change the value of the line "x = 0.05; // Refresh time multiplier" to a higher value, 0.1 or 0.2 for example. You will also find it at the end of the script. I know it won't be the best way to have hotkeys, but it's the only one I've found.

Surge42

NoeAL, I wanted to thank you for making this incredible tool. It's absolutely amazing. Your HTML / CSC skills are unmatched. I just finished my tutorial on your software. I hope my video get's you some deserved recognition. Thank you for the tireless hours you put into the coding. You're a rock star. Here's the video.

NoeAL

NoeAL, I wanted to thank you for making this incredible tool. It's absolutely amazing. Your HTML / CSC skills are unmatched. I just finished my tutorial on your software. I hope my video get's you some deserved recognition. Thank you for the tireless hours you put into the coding. You're a rock star. Here's the video.
Hi Scott! Thank you for helping more people learn about this tool. Wonderful video! YOU are the man too!! ;)

NoeAL

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue as with my CPU usage spiking just as you describe in your post. I'm not finding a way to solve this as of yet. Can you tell me if you have been able to resolve it? This is an INCREDIBE plug in, and I'm excited to use it -- but, I would need to resolve this CPU usage issue first. Since I do not need to use Hotkeys, I have been trying to follow the information (pasted below) that I found in the comments to NoeAL's video on youTube. However, I've tried changing and deleting as noted in this information, but have not been able to make it work properly.

The biggest issue that I'm having is that I do NOT know EXACTLY what to remove in trying to follow NoeAL's advice to...
"you can remove that function from the script." (as seen in his comments below)

It seems that their should be an easy fix to drop the CPU Usage from the "obs-brower-page".

Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you in advance!

FROM HIS youTube VIDEO POST:
Vagner. Allves2 months ago

Hello. Can someone help me understand why when opening the control-panel file in the browser the machine's CPU usage increases considerably? Looking at the Windows task manager, the CPU usage by OBS goes from 4% to 55% when activating the Lower dock. Inspecting the Control-panel file in the browser, when analyzing the Network tab, there is a huge number of requests for the Lower-Thirds/ common/js/hotkeys.js file that has a call inside the Control-panel file: // Reload the hotjeys.js file updated by the LUA script function updateHorkeys () { src = '../common/js/hotkeys.js'; $ ('script [src = "' + src + '"]'). remove (); var head = document.getElementsByTagName ('head') [0]; var script = document.createElement ('script'); script.src = src; head.appendChild (script); }

NoeAL This the creator of the PLUG IN
2 months ago
Hi. To know which hotkey is being pressed, the tool has to update and re-read the hotkey.js file. It may be too much for your pc.
If you don't use them you can remove that function from the script.
Don't forget to also remove the line that calls the "updateHotkeys ();" function, near the end of the control-panel.html file.
If you use the hotkeys, you can try to decrease the refresh time. Change the value of the line "x = 0.05; // Refresh time multiplier" to a higher value, 0.1 or 0.2 for example. You will also find it at the end of the script. I know it won't be the best way to have hotkeys, but it's the only one I've found.
Hi! At the moment I don't know exactly why browser sources consume so many resources on some PCs. I can't assure you that removing the Hotkeys will solve your problem, but we don't lose anything by trying. ;)

Before opening OBS, open the control-panel.html file with your Text Editor and remove the lines "checkHotkeys();" and "updateHotkeys();" near the end of the file. Save and open OBS.
Now you don't have to load the LUA file in the scripts section. If you had it loaded, remove it from the list of scripts.

Try it and tell me if you have solved it. I will try to make the next versions as light as possible.

Hope it helps you.

thisisthevoice

Hi! At the moment I don't know exactly why browser sources consume so many resources on some PCs. I can't assure you that removing the Hotkeys will solve your problem, but we don't lose anything by trying. ;)

Before opening OBS, open the control-panel.html file with your Text Editor and remove the lines "checkHotkeys();" and "updateHotkeys();" near the end of the file. Save and open OBS.
Now you don't have to load the LUA file in the scripts section. If you had it loaded, remove it from the list of scripts.

Try it and tell me if you have solved it. I will try to make the next versions as light as possible.

Hope it helps you.

THANK YOU very much for the fast response. You have created an incredible tool, and I'm determined to find a solution so that I am able to utilize it. I followed your instructions above, but unfortunately it did not work -- it did not reduce the CPU usage. The "obs-browser-page" is at a constant 12% (of CPU) when the I have all functions in the control panel dock turned off. When I'm actively using the lower thirds in obs the CPU usage for that specific "obs-browser-page" jumps up to 21%.

I have included 3 screen captures. The first 2 show the specific lines that I deleted. The 3rd screen capture shows the "new" control panel file after following your instructions above.

Can you take a look and tell me if I have followed your instructions correctly? or perhaps, I have made mistakes?

Thank you advance once again!

Attachments

• remove hot key script 12-23_1.jpg
    remove hot key script 12-23_1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 65
  • remove hot key script 12-23_2.jpg
    remove hot key script 12-23_2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 63
  • remove hot key script 12-23_3.jpg
    remove hot key script 12-23_3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 52

HamMan 73

Thank you for this tool. Going to be a must have, however, I am also seeing the CPU spike. It nearly doubles the CPU usage for some reason.

NoeAL

THANK YOU very much for the fast response. You have created an incredible tool, and I'm determined to find a solution so that I am able to utilize it. I followed your instructions above, but unfortunately it did not work -- it did not reduce the CPU usage. The "obs-browser-page" is at a constant 12% (of CPU) when the I have all functions in the control panel dock turned off. When I'm actively using the lower thirds in obs the CPU usage for that specific "obs-browser-page" jumps up to 21%.

I have included 3 screen captures. The first 2 show the specific lines that I deleted. The 3rd screen capture shows the "new" control panel file after following your instructions above.

Can you take a look and tell me if I have followed your instructions correctly? or perhaps, I have made mistakes?

Thank you advance once again!
Hi! Yes, you've done it correctly. If it is not solved, the problem will be another.
I will keep looking for a solution. At the moment I don't know where I have to optimize it.

renelm

This is an awesome plugin.. but.. man, it's so random what happens when I try to do anything.. it tool a while to figure out what the 10 'check fields' means.. simply because they do not at all behave as expected.. sometimes I have to restart OBS in order to be able to clear any of them.. and currently I can only use "Lower Third 1" and "Lower Third 2". For 3 and 4, I can write whatever I want to, add which ever logo I want, but when I enable them, nothing appears on the screen and I can't enable/disable any of the 10 check-fields like I can with 1+2...

When I first started adding logoes, I would find that sometimes logo for LT1 would override the logo added for LT2.. clearing everything and restarting OBS 'fixed' that, but I really don't like that I potentiallu have to restart OBS every time something goes awry and the controls don't react/respond as expected.. is there a way to 'reset' the module without restarting OBS? .. and how to I get any use out of LT3+4??

While writing this, I actually managed to get something in to LT3 + 4 (the 10 sub fields), but now I can't clear all of them for LT4.. sub field 10 just remains as a stubborn thorn in the eye.. what is going on here?? Doing a 'reset' from the Main Settings menu.. well.. cleared everything, but then when setting something up in LT1, it showed up in the _middle_ of the screen (center middle and vertically middle too...) and stayed there until I did a 'refresh cached page' for the browser source... and now I can actually use all 3 of 'left', 'center' and 'right' align on LT1, which I haven't been able to do at all until now.. but I can no longer add a logo to LT1..

Argh. More stability. please!

renelm

Hi! At the moment there is no way to automatically change the loaded memory slot. You can only do it manually.
It's a very interesting behavior that I think I could implement in future updates. Even though right now I don't know how.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Regarding the background, in the next update you can choose the color and it will be animated.
Thank you for being patient. I hope to upload something soon!
Isn't this what this does...??
LowerThirdSettings.JPG

The '2 arrows in a cycle toggles between the memory slots and setting active time to 30s and 'incative' to 4s (to match the in/out animation time, to prevent a clunky transition) seems to do for me that the OP was asking for.. of course there could have been a new update between the OP and me starting/trying) to use this..

PS: Why can't I center LT1?? I've managed to be able to select 'center' alignment ONCE in 6 resets ... and that one time I managed to get access to center alignment, I could no longer add a logo (seems like one of the options must be grayed out.. hah)

jgcastror

Hi! I don't know why it is not copied to the clipboard. But a temporary solution could be to copy it manually. For that, copy the following two lines at the end of the style-control_panel.css file:

#dataInput { opacity: 1;position: relative; z-index: 0; width: 56px; margin: 0px; height: 26px; order: 2;}
.import-file-btn label { width: 56px;}

Now you will see a field next to the Reset button that will be filled in when you press the Export button. Right-click on it, select all and copy. Now you can paste it into a TXT.

Hope it works until I fix it in future updates.
Hi NoeAL,
I tried your suggested solution and is working perfectly, thanks. I added the two lines of code in the file and a new black box appeared in the configuration of the lower thirds next to the Reset button, when I export the data it is shown there so I can copy it and to paste it in a .txt file; I also tried to restore data after resetting all values and it worked well, screenshot below for your reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot lower thirds backup.jpeg
    Screenshot lower thirds backup.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 73