Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

NoeAL

The addon is amazing - especially the customization options! great work indeed. But for me the font resets somehow when I switch between scenes and the lower third plays the second time. I have a google font "Permanent Marker" but also with other custom fonts that happens. Not with the built in ones. It always falls back to a comic sans(ish font) ( I like that font but not in my obs recordings xD). I use the latest version of obs perhaps is there a case?
Thanks, apparently it's a bug. The fonts are sent to the Browser Source when opening the Control Panel. If the Browser Source is turned off, the fonts are lost. You can resend them by opening the Control Panel again (which can be quite annoying).
So that this does not happen to you, remember to check "Shutdown source when not visible" and "Refresh browser when scene becomes active" in the properties of the Browser Source.
Anyway, It shouldn't happen and I'll try to fix it in future updates. ;)

NoeAL

Actually, i fix the issue uninstalling the StreamElements addon. Now it works like it's supposed to.

Thank you!
Great work btw
Hi Johnny! So is there any incompatibility with StreamElements? Did it happen to someone else?
Thanks for your words.

biz14867

Hello, all. Glad to be a part of the community!
I'm having some issues with the logo in the lower thirds. I can choose a file but it won't show up. Just a broken image icon. The Image I am using is a PNG and it's the same dimensions as the placeholder logo that works fine if I re-choose that file. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot (56).png

NoeAL

Hello, all. Glad to be a part of the community!
I'm having some issues with the logo in the lower thirds. I can choose a file but it won't show up. Just a broken image icon. The Image I am using is a PNG and it's the same dimensions as the placeholder logo that works fine if I re-choose that file. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 63329
Hi! The logos have to be in the logo folder. Could that be your problem?

Glortman

Hey @NoeAL:
This is a very cool and powerful plugin, and packed with great features. Thanks so much for all of your hard work.
One problem I am having is that I can't seem to edit the text in the individual slots after it has been entered the first time. I want to be able to put a date in the "info" text box and change it daily. I can't change it, and I can't delete it.
I tried editing the txt file using the 'View Page Source', but no luck.
Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?

thanks,

Glortman

Johnny747

You can delete the content of the slot. Press and hold the slot until it flashes red. write again the information and save it

Glortman

Johnny! Thank you sir! How did you find this information? Is there bonus documentation somewhere or are you just extra awesome?

Johnny747

Johnny! Thank you sir! How did you find this information? Is there bonus documentation somewhere or are you just extra awesome?
LOL no sir! Thank you kindly. Honestly i can't recall where i got that :) i believe it was posted before in the discussion, or in the review tab. But, yeah thank you! :D

Glortman

LOL no sir! Thank you kindly. Honestly i can't recall where i got that :) i believe it was posted before in the discussion, or in the review tab. But, yeah thank you! :D
I just watched NoeAL's video where he describes version 1.5 in Spanish. In that video, he shows the click and hold method.
Now if I can figure out how to automate the timing of different lower thirds, life will be sweet.

Thanks again.

Johnny747

I just watched NoeAL's video where he describes version 1.5 in Spanish. In that video, he shows the click and hold method.
Now if I can figure out how to automate the timing of different lower thirds, life will be sweet.

Thanks again.

You can set the times for every Lower-Third (LT) or set the time Global which will affect all the LTs. In the desired LT panel (1, 2, 3 or 4) press the little clock symbol, it will show LT times in seconds. (in-out) is the time it takes to animate in and out, (active) is the time the LT remains active, (inactive) is the time the LT remains inactive. If you set these times in the Main settings it will affect all LTs.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards

Glortman

You can set the times for every Lower-Third (LT) or set the time Global which will affect all the LTs. In the desired LT panel (1, 2, 3 or 4) press the little clock symbol, it will show LT times in seconds. (in-out) is the time it takes to animate in and out, (active) is the time the LT remains active, (inactive) is the time the LT remains inactive. If you set these times in the Main settings it will affect all LTs.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards
Thanks again, Johnny this is good info.
It still isn't working quite the way I want. I have two lower thirds. LT 1 is the theme for the day, and the date. LT 2is the name of the host. I want L1 to show up 10 seconds into my first scene, then L2 to show up 50 seconds later. The (in-out) just slows the appearance and disappearance, but doesn't delay it. I tried adding a new scene and adding the lower thirds browser to that so that I could have scene 1 with LT1, and scene 2 with LT2, but the switches seem to persist across scenes. I may have to use a hotkey, but I have a lot going on and was hoping to automate the appearance of LT2.

I am using the advanced scene switcher to go from my intro to Scene 1, and have been looking in there for a way forward, but haven't found it yet.

I will keep digging, but really appreciate your help.

ongtastic

Hi NoeAL, thanks for designing this. I'm having a little trouble getting the plugin to work correctly. I've followed your video tutorial and have installed the dock, added a browser source, and lua file. There were no fonts installed so I installed Open Sans Google Font. When I close OBS, the font is not saved and I have to install it again. When I click on the "up" arrow for Preview, the preview windows doesn't reveal and hide like in the video tutorial. Also, the four check boxes in the Main Settings do not affect any change i.e. disable preview window, switches on the left, etc. I entered Name and Info for a lower third, but nothing happens when I turn on the Main Switch and Lower Third switch. I have attached a screenshot to show that the switches don't move to the left, there is only one installed font, and no lower third even though the main switch and lower third switch are turned on. Wondering if you have any suggestions about what I did wrong?
2020-11-28 (1).png

NoeAL

Thanks again, Johnny this is good info.
It still isn't working quite the way I want. I have two lower thirds. LT 1 is the theme for the day, and the date. LT 2is the name of the host. I want L1 to show up 10 seconds into my first scene, then L2 to show up 50 seconds later. The (in-out) just slows the appearance and disappearance, but doesn't delay it. I tried adding a new scene and adding the lower thirds browser to that so that I could have scene 1 with LT1, and scene 2 with LT2, but the switches seem to persist across scenes. I may have to use a hotkey, but I have a lot going on and was hoping to automate the appearance of LT2.

I am using the advanced scene switcher to go from my intro to Scene 1, and have been looking in there for a way forward, but haven't found it yet.

I will keep digging, but really appreciate your help.
Hi! At the moment there's no way for the tool to detect which scene you are in (which I find very interesting). The status of the switches will remain the same in all scenes.
I hope that with the features of future updates you will find a way to configure it to your liking. ;)

Note: Thanks Johnny747 for explaining it so well.

NoeAL

how come not working for me. it works once but doing it again nothings happen
Check that no file has been deleted (by windows or your antivirus).
Unzip the files again in another folder and reinstall it.
In this forum there are many similar cases, try some of those solutions.

snss

Hi!
First, this is a great tool. It remembers me about vMix.
However, I run into this issue when using this tool:
- After resetting the settings the logo and the text is displayed at the top instead on bottom and the text remain visible after the time counter expires while the logo is not displayed after the counter expires. See capture 01.
After using Refreshing cache of current page twice while running solved the problem, at least for now. However I can't do this over and over when I stream. Can you look into this issue?

Thank you.

ErrLThird01.jpg

NoeAL

Hi!
First, this is a great tool. It remembers me about vMix.
However, I run into this issue when using this tool:
- After resetting the settings the logo and the text is displayed at the top instead on bottom and the text remain visible after the time counter expires while the logo is not displayed after the counter expires. See capture 01.
After using Refreshing cache of current page twice while running solved the problem, at least for now. However I can't do this over and over when I stream. Can you look into this issue?

Thank you.

View attachment 63738
Hi, thanks for your words.
It is a bug that I will try to solve in the next update. But, the reset feature is to restore the default values. Why do you use it constantly? You will have to configure everything each time you do it.

Glortman

Hi! At the moment there's no way for the tool to detect which scene you are in (which I find very interesting). The status of the switches will remain the same in all scenes.
I hope that with the features of future updates you will find a way to configure it to your liking. ;)

Note: Thanks Johnny747 for explaining it so well.
Thanks NoeAL for such a useful tool! I look forward to future updates, and appreciate all your effort!
b