Status
Not open for further replies.

iRUSH

Sorry I don't mean to sound like an idiot. I literally do not know how this is suppose to install. There's 3 different files. The exe. file once installed just removes the hardware encoder in the recording tab.

Xaymar

Sorry I don't mean to sound like an idiot. I literally do not know how this is suppose to install. There's 3 different files. The exe. file once installed just removes the hardware encoder in the recording tab.

Did you install all prerequisites for this plugin? You need VS2015 Redist x86 and x64 for it to work.

iRUSH

Did you install all prerequisites for this plugin? You need VS2015 Redist x86 and x64 for it to work.

Lol yeah that took care of it! I thought those were automatically installed. I'm sorry! Once I installed both the hardware encoder revealed itself and i'm back in business!

Thank you so much!

obsuser93

when i go to the advanced section and try to change "video api" i can only see dx9,opengl and host. Why is there no dx 11 option? Is there a fix for this?
When i changed video api to opengl i got a major performance increase but unfortunately that stopped working so im back to laggy dx9 @ 30fps.

Xaymar

when i go to the advanced section and try to change "video api" i can only see dx9,opengl and host. Why is there no dx 11 option? Is there a fix for this?
When i changed video api to opengl i got a major performance increase but unfortunately that stopped working so im back to laggy dx9 @ 30fps.

Of course there's a fix, it's called install a newer Operating System than Windows 7. If DX9 or OpenGL perform bad, try using Host mode. It should be capable of 4K30, but takes a little bit more CPU resources.

Surl Aruru

Mmm seems that AMD Driver can do HEVC now ... What does that mean for the plugin? ...

For people streaming ... guess its useless cause no big streaming site supports it. (youtube, twitch.....)
Also its not possible .. to upload hevc videos to youtube. :/

Last edited:

Xaymar

Mmm seems that AMD Driver can do HEVC now ... What does that mean for the plugin? ...

For people streaming ... guess its useless cause no big streaming site supports it. (youtube, twitch.....)
Also its not possible .. to upload hevc videos to youtube. :/

I think you'll find that I've answered that question many times now. And others did too.

When will the 2-pass be launched? I am very excited for it.
When it's in the SDK
so now can you record 4k h265 with radeon 4xx cards using obs, or do we wait until SDK is updated? Thanks!
lol, no H265 encoding in the sdk. Hopefully soon. VP9 ftw
Let's just hope AMD is not going to make/keep H.265 exclusive for ReLive...

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

1.4.3.4 - Crimson ReLive Compatibility Update (Hotfix 1)

Crimson ReLive changed how the Full Range flag is applied, which caused the plugin to break since it expected another property there. This has been fixed and some log messages have been changed to also result in better readability for users and support.

Hotfix 1: The Driver update also broke VBAQ, but it caused less issues than the Full Range flag. This has been fixed.

Changelog
  • Hotfix 1: Experimental Property VBAQ would not be properly set.
  • Hotfix 1:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ezcapper

Hi Xaymar, thank you for your tireless service to this project. AMD has created Advanced Media Framework 1.4. They claim it supports HEVC encoding, but I am not sure if it is availiable for download:
amd-rsReLive-8.jpg

Maybe can you contact AMD and see if you can get access to this sdk update? Thank you for your time and effort in all of this

dubbya

Can i please get a guide for dummies. I have attempted but cannot get this installed. i put the files in the obs folder under program files and nadda. im not super used to installing plugnins and that is where i am messing up thanks

Xaymar

Can i please get a guide for dummies. I have attempted but cannot get this installed. i put the files in the obs folder under program files and nadda. im not super used to installing plugnins and that is where i am messing up thanks

1. Get all the prerequisities
2. Install Plugin
3. Use Plugin

Hi Xaymar, thank you for your tireless service to this project. AMD has created Advanced Media Framework 1.4. They claim it supports HEVC encoding, but I am not sure if it is availiable for download:
amd-rsReLive-8.jpg

Maybe can you contact AMD and see if you can get access to this sdk update? Thank you for your time and effort in all of this

HEVC support is not yet officially out.

I ended up getting a Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury. I've only tested the plugin with this card for a bit, but no issues so far. It's unfortunate that HEVC isn't available for me to use, though. One more reason to upgrade to Vega in the near future, though, I suppose.

Actually, I'm experiencing crashing quite a bit. I enabled frame skipping, but otherwise I'm using the Twitch preset.

Attachments

• 2016-12-30 13-20-09.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.