Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurember

With the default VCE I was refering to the one that you say was deprecated, that's the one that doesn't appear anymore, I see why.. damn, that was the one that worked the best, I just tried the one that's left H264 Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework) with the recording preset and balanced and I'm having some problems, black screen with sound only.. oh wel, I just f****** this up hahaha, I guess I'll downgrade and then update again to see if the old one reappears.. else, I'll try this plugin, thank you :)

EDIT: Ok I was able to get the old one back AMD Video Coding Engine H.264 Encoder (Media Foundation), I'm not sure, but I think it's the one that came with OBS Studio 0.16.0.. I guess that if I update again and try the up to date VCE it will disappear again.. that's weird.. anyway, will try this plugin and save 0.16.0 just in case I want to go back, thanks again Xaymar, it's great to have this alternatives to X264 or Nvidia stuff..

EDIT 2: After testing the plugin (R9 290/FX 8320), I decided to stick with it, just tried with the recording preset, basic view, 1080p 60fps with 25000 bitrate and 30000 as peak, looks good, but in the final file, it says it has a bitrate of 19-20000 haha, but whatever, it works and looks good enough :) will do more testing later with speed preset or advanced stuff.. Just one more thing, when you install the plugin it appears in the list of encoders with the same name of the default AMD encoder? (H264 Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)), because that didn't change once I installed the plugin, I mean, I only have X264 and that AMD encoder, is this the way it has to be?

Last edited:

Xaymar

EDIT 2: After testing the plugin (R9 290/FX 8320), I decided to stick with it, just tried with the recording preset, basic view, 1080p 60fps with 25000 bitrate and 30000 as peak, looks good, but in the final file, it says it has a bitrate of 19-20000 haha, but whatever, it works and looks good enough :) will do more testing later with speed preset or advanced stuff.. Just one more thing, when you install the plugin it appears in the list of encoders with the same name of the default AMD encoder? (H264 Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)), because that didn't change once I installed the plugin, I mean, I only have X264 and that AMD encoder, is this the way it has to be?

The plugin is the same one that is included with OBS Studio, I just provide updates here that happen earlier than the next OBS patch.

ELIMIN883R

Can someone tell me what using my optics(scope/binos/range finder) while streaming could possibly have to do with bitrate sudden drop? I have uploaded a log file of the hunt.

https://gist.github.com/632c0204f4088f7cdd872a1cc8b139c1

Here is crash log. Everywhere there is a drop, I was using optics of one kind or another. Of course crash came from encoder overload, from bitrate drop.

Attachments

• Crash 2016-12-01 23-19-06.txt
    50 KB · Views: 22

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
@j474522
Please don't provide cutoff or shortened log files. It just makes it harder to get a complete picture of what's going on.

The first set of log messages you showed are normal. The second set is relevant, but I'm not 100% sure of the correct interpretation of those messages. Best wait for @Xaymar.

@cRaZy-bisCuiT
As far as I'm aware, the new SDK is not yet available on Linux.

Xaymar

Hi there.

1.4.2.3 worked perfectly. Upgraded to 1.4.3.0 and now I cannot stream and OBS logs show this:

As well as this:

Did you even read the Troubleshooting Guide? It has exact instructions that say that you need the latest AMF runtime to use the plugin. The first messages aren't by the plugin, those are from OBS. The second one however is. I'll "fix" this one in a hotfix.

Is there a way to get this kind of acceleration up and running under Linux?

Figure out how to do encoding in C++ using VAAPI or XvBA and then it's a maybe. The SDK itself doesn't yet support Linux.

Can someone tell me what using my optics(scope/binos/range finder) while streaming could possibly have to do with bitrate sudden drop? I have uploaded a log file of the hunt.

https://gist.github.com/632c0204f4088f7cdd872a1cc8b139c1

Here is crash log. Everywhere there is a drop, I was using optics of one kind or another. Of course crash came from encoder overload, from bitrate drop.

You are reporting a bug that has been reported multiple times to me and requires AMD to update their drivers. See here, here, here, here, here and here.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

1.4.3.1 - The Multi-GPU Update (Hotfix 1)

Once again back to change things around, the multi-GPU code has finally been rewritten and properly implemented - which means that DirectX 11 and DirectX 9 are now fully supported. So rejoice Windows 7 users, you can now choose which GPU the encoding should take place on (with the limitation that a Monitor must be connected)! Needless to say, this change removes the old multi-GPU selection properties with the new revamped ones: 'Video API' and 'Video Adapter'.

Some changes to the available...

Read the rest of this update entry...

cRaZy-bisCuiT

Figure out how to do encoding in C++ using VAAPI or XvBA and then it's a maybe. The SDK itself doesn't yet support Linux.
It's working to use FFMEG + VA-API but I didn't find any guid stating how to make use of that in OBS as a hardware encoder. It doesn't have to be this SDK to be honest as long as there's is a high performance alternative on Linux.

Xaymar

It's working to use FFMEG + VA-API but I didn't find any guid stating how to make use of that in OBS as a hardware encoder. It doesn't have to be this SDK to be honest as long as there's is a high performance alternative on Linux.

If it doesn't have to be this SDK, what are you doing in a thread for a plugin that is designed to work with just this SDK? If you want the AMF SDK to support Linux, you could voice your opinion here and on the AMD forums.

EdVanAmator

Hi, I'm trying to use obs studio, but yet he constantly crashes, falls bitrate and image lag, I tried the manual and the default settings, but nothing changes. At х264 it works fine as well and AMD VCE (OBS Classic.)
Lag on video: https://www.twitch.tv/edvanamator/v/104742793

Use:
AMD HD7870
Crimson 16.11.5
OBS Studio 0.16.6
AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio 1.4.3.1

Attachments

• Crash.rar
    60.7 KB · Views: 20

Xaymar

Hi, I'm trying to use obs studio, but yet he constantly crashes, falls bitrate and image lag, I tried the manual and the default settings, but nothing changes. At х264 it works fine as well and AMD VCE (OBS Classic.)
Lag on video: https://www.twitch.tv/edvanamator/v/104742793

Use:
AMD HD7870
Crimson 16.11.5
OBS Studio 0.16.6
AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio 1.4.3.1

This is a driver crash that I've already reported to AMD.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

1.4.3.2 - The Multi-GPU Update (Hotfix 2)

Once again back to change things around, the multi-GPU code has finally been rewritten and properly implemented - which means that DirectX 11 and DirectX 9 are now fully supported. So rejoice Windows 7 users, you can now choose which GPU the encoding should take place on (with the limitation that a Monitor must be connected)! Needless to say, this change removes the old multi-GPU selection properties with the new revamped ones: 'Video API' and 'Video Adapter'.

Some changes to the available...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PlebStreamer

First just wanted to say thanks for all the work you do.

Also secondly I wanted to ask if it was normal for my bitrate to fluctuate depending on the scene being encoded? I am running 3500 bitrate with the Twitch preset (which uses CBR) and I've often noticed my bitrate dropping to <500 and going up to ~4200.

Xaymar

First just wanted to say thanks for all the work you do.

Also secondly I wanted to ask if it was normal for my bitrate to fluctuate depending on the scene being encoded? I am running 3500 bitrate with the Twitch preset (which uses CBR) and I've often noticed my bitrate dropping to <500 and going up to ~4200.

No that is not normal. If you use any of the advanced settings, revert back to basic mode and see if it still happens - most of these issues stem from user configuration errors.

PlebStreamer

No that is not normal. If you use any of the advanced settings, revert back to basic mode and see if it still happens - most of these issues stem from user configuration errors.

It was a fresh install of both OBS and the plugin. The only thing I changed was switching to the Twitch preset that is provided. I reset to default and tried again, still getting the huge fluctuations.

Status
Not open for further replies.