Status
Not open for further replies.

Suslik V

Of course - you need to try to record video. Record it with higher bitrate. If the issue still present then complain.

By now on, you are limited by the current implementation of the encoding algorithm. Your blind faith can mislead you. AMD do what it can do right now. This plugin just enables encoding (it cannot do magic trick) and AMD hardware doing all the job. The simple (basic) mode of the plugin's options well enough to get a good quality of the footage.

As I see, this macroblocks, you mentioned, just older info. Either it repeated or blocks not refreshed (lost). To gather more info, please, make recording (Use stream encoder, Same as stream or so) and post link to this original video together with your log file. Don't use any custom settings to the plugin when performing the test recording.

Xaymar

@Xaymar Re: issues brought up in my previous post. It appears as though the plugin wasn't updating properly using the installer. I downloaded the zip version today and extracted the files to my OBS Studio directory, and it looks like I'm now on the latest version of the plugin. I'll report back with my findings. The log looks good to me. Let me know if you see anything.

Edit: Posted another log from a short 5 minute stream with custom settings. Also, here's the stream vod: https://www.twitch.tv/everyth1ngtv/v/101951983

Obviously, I'd like to get rid of that artifacting at the beginning of the vod. Otherwise, however, I'm not getting any frame drops or large bitrate spikes.

That looks like hardware failure to me, though I will try to reproduce it on my end. Can you open up an Issue on the tracker for it?

I've changed VBV Buffer from automatic to manual/3500 and enabled frame skipping and it seem to have helped, but it introduced quite drastic artifacting (first 5-6 minutes of the video, log file for that), which goes away after a while, but it's still far from perfect. Is there a way it can be improved?

upd It seems that I'm not the only one who had problems with frame skipping and VBV Buffer settings, might be worth adding that to faq.
If you're having problems with understanding words, I'll show you pictures

shitty amd quality --- something wrong with actual stream encoding

I have troubles with the latter one. Do you have anything smart to reply?

That looks like decoding or remuxing failure. Can you reproduce this in a recording? If so, please open an issue on the Issue tracker.

You simply can compare the quality for low bitrate encoding. I don't think that you able to stream much better videos than developer do (at this low rates). More things of the encoding process depends on the driver (keep it up to date or so).
Try to record it first at high bitrates then complain.
Of course - you need to try to record video. Record it with higher bitrate. If the issue still present then complain.

By now on, you are limited by the current implementation of the encoding algorithm. Your blind faith can mislead you. AMD do what it can do right now. This plugin just enables encoding (it cannot do magic trick) and AMD hardware doing all the job. The simple (basic) mode of the plugin's options well enough to get a good quality of the footage.

As I see, this macroblocks, you mentioned, just older info. Either it repeated or blocks not refreshed (lost). To gather more info, please, make recording (Use stream encoder, Same as stream or so) and post link to this original video together with your log file. Don't use any custom settings to the plugin when performing the test recording.

Suslik V, while I appreciate your help with the translations, there is no need to be this hostile. Turn that down a notch and then come back.

I'm on HD 7790 Latest Crimson 16.11.4 Driver
Now B-Pictures is Support?

HD 7790 is VCE1.0, which does not support B-Pictures.

Suslik V

I simply said, what the things looks like. If it looks rough, sorry for that, but I cannot change the things. Jaws are given to bite.

rock2rap

Hardware VCE2.0
Is your GPU not listed? If you're on Version 1.1.3 or newer, submit an Issue with your GPU (and full vendor-specific name) and the lastest OBS log!

• GPUS: R7 260, R7 260X, R9 290, R9 290X, R9 295X2, R7 360, R9 390, R9 390X, HD 7790, HD 8770, R9 M280X, R9 295X (VCE Version 3.0), R9 M280X, R9 M385, R9 M285X, R9 M470, R9 M470X, FirePro 2nd Generation
  • APUS: Steamroller-Kaveri (AX - 7xxx), Steamroller-Godavai (AX 7xxx), Jaguar-Kabini, Jaguar-Temash, Puma-Beema, Puma-Mullins
My GPU is Bonaire

Xaymar

Hardware VCE2.0
Is your GPU not listed? If you're on Version 1.1.3 or newer, submit an Issue with your GPU (and full vendor-specific name) and the lastest OBS log!

• GPUS: R7 260, R7 260X, R9 290, R9 290X, R9 295X2, R7 360, R9 390, R9 390X, HD 7790, HD 8770, R9 M280X, R9 295X (VCE Version 3.0), R9 M280X, R9 M385, R9 M285X, R9 M470, R9 M470X, FirePro 2nd Generation
  • APUS: Steamroller-Kaveri (AX - 7xxx), Steamroller-Godavai (AX 7xxx), Jaguar-Kabini, Jaguar-Temash, Puma-Beema, Puma-Mullins
My GPU is Bonaire

If so, then you should see B-Pictures Pattern appear under View Mode Advanced. I recommend against using them, as VCE2.0 cards take a huge performance hit with them active. VCE3.0 are the first cards that can use B-Pictures without a huge performance hit.

Yes, done. Thank you for helping.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Flaim

That looks like decoding or remuxing failure. Can you reproduce this in a recording? If so, please open an issue on the Issue tracker.
i've noticed this to happen with frame skipping enabled, at least for vce2.
i can reproduce this quite consistently with high movement scenes.

ELIMIN883R

No disrespect intended to anyone here, but I have to ask. Where and how are you arriving at all these presets? I have been steady testing for over a week, keeping up with all updates, and absolutely none, zero, nada will work for me, for streaming. I know I don't have a top of the line gaming machine, but it is not trash either, and should be able to make a decent Stream.

No disrespect intended to anyone here, but I have to ask. Where and how are you arriving at all these presets? I have been steady testing for over a week, keeping up with all updates, and absolutely none, zero, nada will work for me, for streaming. I know I don't have a top of the line gaming machine, but it is not trash either, and should be able to make a decent Stream.

You need to be more specific than this. I could offer some suggestions to you, but at the risk of stating the obvious or going over what you already know, I'd rather not. The presets are there for a reason, though. The Twitch preset should just work. If it isn't working for you, post a message here with details or open an Issue on GitHub so that Xaymar can try to address the problem. Post a log from a recent stream (Users>*whatever your user name is*>AppData>Roaming>OBS Studio>logs)

Last edited:

ELIMIN883R

I just want to be able to test on the same game that these "presets" were made on.

I started with simple, default for youtube and worked my way up and absolutely nothing works with the games that I play. Every Stream test is blurred and out of focus. I am not in the least interested in recording presets. I can record with several different programs and get quality recordings. Youtube Stream is what I am trying to do. I will make couple test later today, and post log again.

With R9 390's Crossfired and 16 gigs of RAM on an i 7 4.0 G processor I would think a simple Stream would not be a problem.

Xaymar

You need to be more specific than this. I could offer some suggestions to you, but at the risk of stating the obvious or going over what you already know, I'd rather not. The presets are there for a reason, though. The Twitch preset should just work. If it isn't working for you, post a message here with details or open an Issue on GitHub so that Xaymar can try to address the problem. Post a log from a recent stream (Users>*whatever your user name is*>AppData>Roaming>OBS Studio>logs)

I just want to be able to test on the same game that these "presets" were made on.

I started with simple, default for youtube and worked my way up and absolutely nothing works with the games that I play. Every Stream test is blurred and out of focus. I am not in the least interested in recording presets. I can record with several different programs and get quality recordings. Youtube Stream is what I am trying to do. I will make couple test later today, and post log again.

With R9 390's Crossfired and 16 gigs of RAM on an i 7 4.0 G processor I would think a simple Stream would not be a problem.

The presets were tested with the following games:
  • Beat Hazard
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Diablo 3
  • DiRT Showdown
  • Dota 2
  • Garry's Mod
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Guild Wars 2
  • Overwatch
  • Paragon
  • Rocket League
  • Space Engineers
  • Starbound
  • Terraria
  • The Forest
  • Tower Unite
If you experience blurriness at the highest possible setting (Lossless or Indistinguishable) make sure that you aren't upscaling/downscaling with the wrong scaling filter applied. You also have to keep in mind that hardware encoders won't be able to produce similar quality to x264 at lower bitrates.

rock2rap

Between x264 vs VCE 3.0 With B-Picture which is better quality?

I'll use B-Pictures With 7790(VCE2.0) by increase High number, The Quality is good on lowing bitrate (Streaming with 1mb upload, 854x480@30fps) but is Very Laggy on stream output, ingame is fine

i'll thinking about to upgrade my pc between cpu or gpu ahead?

Xaymar

x264 is always better, I'm not sure why you're attempting to compare hardware encoding with software encoding. There currently is no hardware encoding provider who can match the perceived quality of x264 at lower bitrates.

If you do want to spend money on upgrading a PC, get a better CPU+Motherboard. GPUs last a long time and even now improvements on performance aren't really that great. There's a guide here on the forums that also suggests streaming at a high bitrate or CQP to another computer and having that computer reencode using x264 for streams. I would actually recommend doing that instead, since it both frees up resources for the game to use and provides great quality at lower bitrates.

rock2rap

x264 is always better, I'm not sure why you're attempting to compare hardware encoding with software encoding. There currently is no hardware encoding provider who can match the perceived quality of x264 at lower bitrates.

If you do want to spend money on upgrading a PC, get a better CPU+Motherboard. GPUs last a long time and even now improvements on performance aren't really that great. There's a guide here on the forums that also suggests streaming at a high bitrate or CQP to another computer and having that computer reencode using x264 for streams. I would actually recommend doing that instead, since it both frees up resources for the game to use and provides great quality at lower bitrates.

You r the best!
Thank for very fast reply

Xaymar

@ELIMIN883R I have tried reproducing this blurriness you talked about, but the only way I was able to reproduce it was to push the QP values too high for decent quality.

QP 31 (Slightly visible)
mpc-hc64_2016-11-22_02-03-47.png

QP 36 (Visible including blocking)
mpc-hc64_2016-11-22_02-04-20.png

High Quality uses a QP values of 26(I)/24(P)/22(B), which is capable of producing sharp edges. Indistinguishable goes even lower, 21(I)/19(P)/17(B). Delta QP for both of them is at -2. In order to reproduce what you see I will need a log file of a recording attempt.

Niamor

I've been experiencing pretty bad results and crashes lately.
I attached the crash log and OBS log.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Crash 2016-11-22 00-22-02.txt
    50 KB · Views: 26
  • 2016-11-21 23-04-47.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.