Awesome! I kind of wish there was a directory I could use so I can change the texture and layout. Also, some of the buttons won't work nor export correctly if you make your own. Other than that, I really like the plugin! It's fantastic and amazing and cool and awesome and....
I used this for an incredibly long time and I absolutely love it!! Unfortunately, I had to reinstall OBS because it was screwing up, and I lost this plugin, so now that I've just reinstalled it and it took me like half an hour maybe because I hate Github because it's confusing, but I managed to find the plugin download, and I discovered that the presets are in different folders, so I had to install those separately from the actual plugin itself! Sadly the qwerty preset was unavailable, which is the one I always used, so I uh... May or may not have just dug through the files, downloaded the image of the keyboard, and copy/pasted the .json file for it that was in there. When in doubt, make do with what you've got I guess LOL.

I initially felt stupid but then I did a thing and it worked so now I feel smart, 10/10, my favorite plugin on OBS (and not just because it's my only one)
For some reason the arrow keys dont work but otherwize pretty good
It works, but it's far more complicated than it needs to be and it does not work 'out of the box' you have to go through hoops just to get it to do what its supposed to do.
Works as intended, you just need the image and config file. You can find these at the github page.
it was difficult to put it on but the result is extraordinary!
I am in Ubuntu 20.04 and OBS 27+ Everything works fine except Right Click shows wheel. Any help...
APPALLING!

The plugin itself doesnt work, it asks for an "overlay image file" and an "overlay config file". It doesnt come with any "default" options, in case you have no idea wtf it wants. It's just assumed whoever wants to use this is an uber-1337 coder who can figure it out.

Theres a video "tutorial" but its starts with just a finished product, and just a lot of talking, no showing from scratch how to set it up. A tutorial should start from the beginning and walk you through every single step. There is a "tool" to help apparently create presets, but no explanation of how to use THAT either. Again the tutorial starts off with a finished product so no good.

Raised as an feature/issue on github, and the dev replied to state that ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE THIS PLUGIN IS EXPECTED TO KNOW HOW TO CODE HTML, JAVASCRIPT AND CSS!!!
univrsal
univrsal
To be fair your attitude is also quite appalling
Users that are experiencing issues finding the input overlay source are not on the most recent update of OBS Studio (Windows10.) reproduced the issue with a VM. Users who do not understand the setup are likely not downloading the file zips, as the installer does not install the preset images or understand how to create their own in the config creator (whatever an uber-1337 coder is.) All in all, a well made tool and I appreciate your dedicated work. For people with issues - you can attempt a lesser refined tool called inputmapper, but if you can't work this, good luck with that.
I'm very new to obs and just figuring out plugins. When I ran the installer everything seemed good and the overlay was in the plugins folder, but when I went into obs the overlay wasn't there. Where would I go in obs to find it?
I love this plugin. I have used it before. But I just installed it again after not using it for a long time. I installed it exactly as you should but when I press a button noting is showing in obs. What can be the problem?
univrsal
univrsal
I've heard this from multiple people, but I really don't know what's causing it.
Excellent plugin. Highly customizable, ini files were relatively easy for me to understand, and overall a very good overlay. I occasionally run into a minor issue where one of the keys would randomly get stuck into a 'Pressed' state until I press that key again. It happens often, but not too much as to be a real nuisance (though I could see it as a problem for full QWERTY layouts).
It's really not clear on where to put the file in

and the videos are in russian
univrsal
univrsal
The only Russian videos are the ones labeled "Russian", so I hope that didn't surprise you. There's also an English version right above those.
Seems like it should work, but when I tried to make my own preset, none of the buttons would leave the far left edge of the source, making it useless. The only reason I'm not rating lower is because it looks like I ran into a pretty nasty edge case.
Works flawlessly, however, I can't seem to make it work with the steam controller, any ideas?
univrsal
univrsal
You'll need something that makes it available as an Xinput device, eg. https://alia5.github.io/GloSC/
Absolutely amazing plugins :)
I really like your plugin. I suggest adding in the config text file wich one modify the texture file or how the overlay will be placed. I figured it out easy tho.

I'm currently making my own keyboard one with a retro style but, some of my keys are not perfectly 3 time width like the spacebar. Is the size multiplier float? Can we use decimal number for the size multiplier?
Example:
1_key_width=1.5

I plan on posting my retro keyboard style here when done.
univrsal
univrsal
No the width can only be a whole number
time ago I got this plugin ... and had a template that included numbers.
Why not include that template?

https://imgur.com/tyfV5sE
univrsal
univrsal
That preset is still here, it's called wasd-extended-numeric: https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/tree/legacy/presets/submitted
The plugin is not compatible with Linux(Mint/Ubuntu) Libuiohook cannot be compiled as 'xt' is not available even after installing xen-tools
univrsal
univrsal
It should be, have you tried using my precompiled version? Also I can't support every single distribution out of the box, I can however help you get it to work
I'm very happy to use the software you've created.
We also hope to add a Fight stick user interface.