Software seems great, but lack of support simply kills this. It is a download page with instructions which do not help at all. When you go to developer's tutorial, you find it to be outdated where he installs his plug ins to a master folder. I follow his instructions until I install his plug in into a obes program.

I load this plug in successfully and then he casually asks us to direct program to graphical files for this plug in which does not exist! This plug in looks like something which I might eventually figure out how to install. However, developer offers abysmal technical support to people here and the only feedback from him is not supportive, but rather combative and defensive rhetoric back.

I'm sorry, but this thing ruins experience for so many people and I want to this to be made painfully clear. Why I must to spend hours figuring out how to solve something which should be easily done via help of an installer?
univrsal
univrsal
Have you tried following the instructions on this page? https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/wiki/Installation I've made it a bit clearer where to get the presets.
Doesn't actually seem to do anything. I've yet to find an instance in which this actually responds to keypresses or mouse buttons. It's just a picture you put in OBS.
Worked for a while, but recently doesn't seem to detect any input whatsoever. May not be compatible with newer version of OBS anymore.
APPALLING!

The plugin itself doesnt work, it asks for an "overlay image file" and an "overlay config file". It doesnt come with any "default" options, in case you have no idea wtf it wants. It's just assumed whoever wants to use this is an uber-1337 coder who can figure it out.

Theres a video "tutorial" but its starts with just a finished product, and just a lot of talking, no showing from scratch how to set it up. A tutorial should start from the beginning and walk you through every single step. There is a "tool" to help apparently create presets, but no explanation of how to use THAT either. Again the tutorial starts off with a finished product so no good.

Raised as an feature/issue on github, and the dev replied to state that ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE THIS PLUGIN IS EXPECTED TO KNOW HOW TO CODE HTML, JAVASCRIPT AND CSS!!!
univrsal
univrsal
To be fair your attitude is also quite appalling
Used this about a month ago, created the textures, exported the .jsons, loaded them up, everything worked fine.
Now the plugin asks for .ini files rather than .js? Something that isn't exported by YOUR tool. So until fixed cannot really recommend.
univrsal
univrsal
you're most likely using an outdated version
I love this plugin. I have used it before. But I just installed it again after not using it for a long time. I installed it exactly as you should but when I press a button noting is showing in obs. What can be the problem?
univrsal
univrsal
I've heard this from multiple people, but I really don't know what's causing it.
I program my own keyboard this night I have a lot of problems to indicate the program which letters have to use. I couldn't use what you do in your tutorial video

I couldn't put:

E.g: 2_key_order= Q,W,E,R ...

For this letters, I have to write: http://prntscr.com/jobdm2

2_key_order=0x0010,0x0011,0x0012,0x0013,0x0020,0x0021,0x001E,0x001D,0x0039,0x000F

I don't exactly know how to find this hex numbers because I extract from your templates to develop my own (For league of legends)

Anyways now is working and I love the plugin if you answer this question could be nice to make easy the experience to developers
univrsal
univrsal
In previous versions it was possible to write the letters, but in the newer versions you'll have to use codes from this page:
https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/blob/master/libuiohook/include/uiohook.h
For example to find the code for the key "W" you'd search for VC_W in uiohook.h
hello universallp I see 3 folders one that is data and one that is obs plugins and the other that says io client and there is a program do you know what that program is for
univrsal
univrsal
It's for people that use multiple computers when streaming. It sends inputs from one computer to another.
Awesome! I kind of wish there was a directory I could use so I can change the texture and layout. Also, some of the buttons won't work nor export correctly if you make your own. Other than that, I really like the plugin! It's fantastic and amazing and cool and awesome and....
Works as intended, you just need the image and config file. You can find these at the github page.
I'm very new to obs and just figuring out plugins. When I ran the installer everything seemed good and the overlay was in the plugins folder, but when I went into obs the overlay wasn't there. Where would I go in obs to find it?
I was wondering if this could be setup with a dual pc stream as well? To install it on the game pc and send the input over to the stream pc to preview it on stream.

Anyone knows if this is possible? If so, how?
univrsal
univrsal
yeah the feature is already done, but it's not included in the current version
Very nice plugin,
i made a preset, how can i upload it? it is an arrow preset as an Overlay like the "wasd-extended", with yellow background if pressing
Keyboard presets work just fine on arch linux but the mouse presets crash obs studio. using v5.0.4
Really professional overlay, looks great and it's easy to configure for newcomers.
Amazing plugin! I use it alot.
There are literally NO instructions whatsoever, and trying to find the image file it requests (even reading the comments) is infuriating so... after some searching I find it... except there is no mouse/wasd option. This is just not very well explained and honestly for someone looking for some plug and play option, this isn't it.
univrsal
univrsal
Did you read the plugin post at all? There's a part called "How to install and use" that might be what you're looking for, it even contains a video tutorial. I moved it further up so it's a bit easier to find.
It works, but it's far more complicated than it needs to be and it does not work 'out of the box' you have to go through hoops just to get it to do what its supposed to do.
Its a good Plugin but, i dont understand the section of "2_key_row/col" i was unable to create my own keyboard
btw, still have a problem with the default presets
When i use the
Qwerty Full, this happens: http://prntscr.com/krzzzd
WASD Full, http://prntscr.com/ks00mo
And every preset is like that
Need help :C
univrsal
univrsal
Which version are you using? As for creating your own overlays, did you watch the tutorial video?
Does more or less what it says on the tin, though setting it up and knowing where to put the image files and so on isn't mentioned in the "installation" instructions.

One major problem/oversight, though, and the reason I'm rating it the way it is, is that the "Input History" overlay has several keyboard buttons that it doesn't register. Specifically, no punctuation marks show up when you press them.

Since I was planning to use this to make some Photoshop and other tutorials more accessible with visible keystrokes, this oversight makes the plugin unusable for me, since ctrl++, ctrl+[, etc. are common keyboard shortcuts, and none of them register. (Ironically, they do show up on the keyboard overlay, but displaying the whole keyboard on-screen at once takes up way too much screen real estate.)

It looks like I'll have to find some external solution that runs outside of OBS.
univrsal
univrsal
There's a tutorial video for more detailed installation instructions. Also Input history only shows keyboard shortcuts of predefined keycodes. If you want additional key names, there is an option to load a config file which maps keycodes to names:
https://i.imgur.com/63G3oga.png
https://pastebin.com/ZN6zY0nq
Keycodes can be obtained by running demo_hook_async.exe in the "util" folder.