- Supported Bit Versions
- Source Code URL
- Minimum OBS Studio Version
- Supported Platforms
Input Overlay is a small plugin for obs studio that shows keyboard, mouse and gamepad inputs on stream. It adds a new source for visualizing inputs.
How does it work?
The plugin uses a texture and a config file to create the overlay. This means that you can configure which buttons are shown on screen, how they are arranged and how they look.
By default the plugin comes with presets for mouse, keyboard and gamepad.
For version 4.8b and lower they come bundled with the plugin, for all newer versions you have to download the "presets" zip archive on the github release page.
When creating an "Input Overlay" source in obs you can then point it to either one of those preset files or the ones you made yourself.
- Flexible config system, which can arrange buttons and other elements in any form
- Graphical tool to make preset creation easier (Video Tutorial)
- Support for XInput and DirectInput Gamepads
- Option to rebind gamepads
- Remote connection to send inputs from gaming pc to streaming pc
- Input White/Blacklist, so you you don't accidentally show sensitive data
- WebSocket Server to allow the browser source to access input events
How to create/modify presets
Additional Information can be found on the wiki.
Why does Input Overlay not detect input in some cases?
This is most likely caused by the application protecting its inputs for a variety of reasons. Launching obs-studio as administrator usually fixes this issue.