"Video Capture Device" source not working.

NEWLPK

As the titel is telling, I can't setup my video capture devices. When I try to open the Properties of my devices OBS is opening the window but this windows is crashing all the time, before I can setup everything. I tried to delete the devices and made new sources but it still keeps all the time the propertiers window tries to open. I also atteched two screenshots that show the issue. I'm using the version 28.0.3 and I tried to uninstall OBS and reinstall it. I also tried to uninstall all Plugins but nothing seems to help.

Attachments

• Bild_2022-10-28_195031230.png
    Bild_2022-10-28_195031230.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 567
  • Bild_2022-10-28_195120920.png
    Bild_2022-10-28_195120920.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 564

enzsu

Having the same issue at this moment, no fix found, must be a bug in the recent update...No facecam streams until this bug is fixed.

.norman.

Unity Camera is known to cause this if you have it installed.
I think that the use of the term crash may be slightly misleading. i don't think that the issue really a crash but more of a hang which requires the user to end task. (which may explain why no one is able to post a crash report) I have seen this when changing some settings since v28. after reading the changelog for v28.1 i think that some of the changes that have been made may help with this issue, while it doesn't specifically list this issue, it does make reference to some things that i hope may be linked to these issues. fingers crossed.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Thanks for the dump file. Looking over it, it seems that VSeeFaceCamera64bit.dll is responsible for the freezing. This is based on the Unity Capture plugin that I mentioned before. There are suspicions this may be related to NVIDIA 526.47 driver, if possible try downgrading your NVIDIA driver or disabling VSeeFaceCamera.

NEWLPK

Thanks for the dump file. Looking over it, it seems that VSeeFaceCamera64bit.dll is responsible for the freezing. This is based on the Unity Capture plugin that I mentioned before. There are suspicions this may be related to NVIDIA 526.47 driver, if possible try downgrading your NVIDIA driver or disabling VSeeFaceCamera.
I deleted VSeeFaceCamera and now everything works! Thank you!

GeckoCult

I updated to Windows 10 22h2 and Nvidia 526.47 at the same time. RTX 3070 GPU. It broke my video capture device (Elgato HD60X) in OBS, and I just get a black screen + the OBS software hangs and has to terminated manually.

If I try relaunching the OBS software multiple times sometimes I'll get lucky and it'll 'hook', but most of the time it hangs and causes the software to stop responding.

I do not have Unity Camera / VSeeFaceCamera.

OBS does not appear to be generating log files in the crashes folder. I do not understand why.

Probably going to try downgrading my nvidia drivers. Pretty frustrating to just have this happen so suddenly, everything was perfect before the updates.

Edit: Another temporary fix appears to be to open OBS as multiple instances, and then it'll hook with your capture device. I am unsure whether or not this will help with streaming, however. Probably best to just downgrade the Nvidia drivers, they seem to have caused a ton of issues if this forum + reddit are any indication. I hope OBS is getting an update soon to address this.

Last edited:

Jesse Waldack

I had this same problem start on Thursday night. Rolled back to the previous nvidia drivers and now it no longer crashes.

Not going to say "resolved" since this really should work with the latest drivers and the latest OBS, but at least I'm in a position where I can stream/record again.

For those who need it, starting here: https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx

Scroll down to "Beta and Older Drivers" and click that

Put in your card into (in my case, GeForce 10 series - GTX 1080 Ti - Win 10 64-bit, DCH Driver type, then click "Search"

The top entry, if you do this as of the time of this posting, is 526.47 from Oct 27. That's the driver that is breaking this functionality.

I downloaded the previous version, 522.25 from October 12. OBS works just fine now.

enzsu

Redownload the previous Nvidia Driver from October 12th,2022 if your driver is in fact Nvidia, it will work just as before! My properties for my cam are back and is showing! Any issues ill be sure to provide feedback. The new driver for Nvidia is the issue for this, thus far.

alphak

Can Somebody help me out?
Below Is my Obs Log For Today

Attachments

• 2022-10-23 09-39-32.txt
    427.5 KB · Views: 42