SMG now playing

Non-Free SMG now playing 2.22

Azeirah

revival said:
this is really great.

any plans on adding google music?

That confuses me, it should already be there (it's not, I checked)

Will reinclude it for the newest update, sorry for this. I make no sense.

xD4rkFire

xD4rkFire said:
Using Foobar2000, in current_song.txt, it says the artist & song name twice for some reason.

Ex: ) Playing Robosonic Remix.wav in Foobar2000, smg.exe writes the music details twice to current_song.txt

current_song.txt
Code:
Mor4sso - Robosonic Remix  Mor4sso - Robosonic Remix

This problem only seems to happen in the following scenario:

-You've added a song to Foobar2000
-Foobar2000 takes the file name to use as the track title.
-In the properties of said music track within Foobar2000, the "Track Title" field is empty
= The song name is written twice

edit: Hmm... that might not be the problem. I went into Foobar2000 and filled in the missing track title field and it still says the song name twice on my stream.

Azeirah

xD4rkFire said:
xD4rkFire said:
Using Foobar2000, in current_song.txt, it says the artist & song name twice for some reason.

Ex: ) Playing Robosonic Remix.wav in Foobar2000, smg.exe writes the music details twice to current_song.txt

current_song.txt
Code:
Mor4sso - Robosonic Remix  Mor4sso - Robosonic Remix

This problem only seems to happen in the following scenario:

-You've added a song to Foobar2000
-Foobar2000 takes the file name to use as the track title.
-In the properties of said music track within Foobar2000, the "Track Title" field is empty
= The song name is written twice

edit: Hmm... that might not be the problem. I went into Foobar2000 and filled in the missing track title field and it still says the song name twice on my stream.

I haven't shipped the fix yet, I want to get the minimization thing done before I release it. But there seems to be a bug with the GUI code library I'm using :(

Azeirah

Ok guys, I've brought out the update. I hope that there will be no errors with the updater, if there are any problems, the newest version is available here

-Fixed the Foobar bug
-Re-added google play music
-Fixed something else, only I forgot what it was. ;_;

The only reason why this is such a small update is because I simply couldn't get the minimize to taskbar thing to work unfortunately. I'll see if I can make it work at some point, and I will release it then. But it's not now, sorry for that.

Hope the updating goes well, and thanks again for using my program :)

Garrett_91

I get stuck in an infinite update loop with the most recent download. It downloaded gui, but it doesn't support JRiver.

Azeirah

Garrett_91 said:
I get stuck in an infinite update loop with the most recent download. It downloaded gui, but it doesn't support JRiver.

Sorry, that was dumb beyond measure. I didn't change the version which is baked into the code, thinking it wasn't up to date :O

Azeirah

xD4rkFire said:
The plugin still says the song name twice it would seem.

This is really weird, I added a unique identifier check for Foobar's window, so it would only get data from that specific window.

I'll add a temporary fix, which is a toggle button to split the output text in half. I'll have this done by Monday I think, don't have a lot of time to program at the moment.

Edit: The program hangs for too long when it can't reach my website (it's a free webhost, it's not extremely reliable)
so I had to fix that.
I also added the split text in half option. This option will not be saved. Because in my opinion that would be very unpractical if you use more than one music player. (I do)
It's temporary anyway :p

Update will be out in less than 10 minutes.

Edit: It's out

- Added a toggle to split your output in half (useful when you get double output, for example with foobar)
- Fixed a bug which made my program hang for a long time when it couldn't reach the update check server.

xD4rkFire

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so often but the fix has some problems with it. Some songs in Foobar2000 originally showed up fine in the plugin so now the fix has put the normal song names in half. The songs that were showing up incorrectly though, appear fine now.

Ex:) Purity Ring - Lofticries became just Purity Ring -

xD4rkFire

Would it work to just have the tool take the name of the Foobar2000 window? When playing a song, the song name appears at the top of the Foobar2000 window.

Azeirah

xD4rkFire said:
Would it work to just have the tool take the name of the Foobar2000 window? When playing a song, the song name appears at the top of the Foobar2000 window.

This is exactly what my program does. To ensure that I would get the data from the right window I added the class name of that window, it should be unique.

In your case it's like you have two foobar players open at once for certain songs.

There a few more things I could try.
-Automatically try to find big reoccurrences of text in the output and remove that (aka, if it's there twice)
- somehow make my loop stop at one correct input (which might not be as bad)
- Google for 4 hours to how foobar works internally and bring out a fix based on that information.

That is, Monday.

esoterikk

Azeirah said:
I literally have no idea why it's not working for you, it works for me on all computers I've tested it on (windows xp, windows vista, windows 7) It also works on firefox.
I can't find anything wrong with the code either.

There's one thing that might give me a clue (note the might). Do what you're supposed to do with the groovemarklet, open the console (right click -> inspect element -> Console) and take a picture/copy whatever is in there (if anything).

Ok so perhaps I am doing this wrong. I'll stream an example of me doing it. http://www.twitch.tv/esoterikk/b/426937690 as you can see it works for pandora and 8tracks but not for rdio. Any thoughts? Am I doing it wrong (a distinct possibility ;))

I inspect element in the video as well and the groovemarklet shows up.

Edit* Careful 8tracks gets loud might want to turn it down a bit before loading.

Azeirah

esoterikk said:
Azeirah said:
I literally have no idea why it's not working for you, it works for me on all computers I've tested it on (windows xp, windows vista, windows 7) It also works on firefox.
I can't find anything wrong with the code either.

There's one thing that might give me a clue (note the might). Do what you're supposed to do with the groovemarklet, open the console (right click -> inspect element -> Console) and take a picture/copy whatever is in there (if anything).

Ok so perhaps I am doing this wrong. I'll stream an example of me doing it. http://www.twitch.tv/esoterikk/b/426937690 as you can see it works for pandora and 8tracks but not for rdio. Any thoughts? Am I doing it wrong (a distinct possibility ;))

I inspect element in the video as well and the groovemarklet shows up.

Edit* Careful 8tracks gets loud might want to turn it down a bit before loading.

The link redirects to your channel, no video or anything :(

Azeirah

xD4rkFire said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so often but the fix has some problems with it. Some songs in Foobar2000 originally showed up fine in the plugin so now the fix has put the normal song names in half. The songs that were showing up incorrectly though, appear fine now.

Ex:) Purity Ring - Lofticries became just Purity Ring -

I may or may not have fixed it. I changed something small, it might just do the trick!