SMG now playing

Non-Free SMG now playing 2.22

Azeirah

Member
I'm working on an update. Featuring a (not so good looking, but functional!) gui, support for iTunes, foobar.
But I got to figure something out first.

I also have an idea for a javascript plugin to feed the currently playing song into the title (where I get my information from) so I can support grooveshark as well. But that's for later.

Features coming up:
-support for more programs (foobar and iTunes work in my version)
-a gui, so it's clearer what is going on

For later versions:
-a good looking gui!
-selecting where you want the file to be saved
 

Azeirah

Member
Version 2 is out.

It now supports foobar and has a pretty neat gui!
Link

sourceforge download link

I know that the gui has an iTunes button, it is however not yet fully supported. Everything works except for one small thing that I can't figure out.
So as of now, the button does nothing.
 

Azeirah

Member
Version 3 is out (decided to code a bit more today ;p)

It supports Grooveshark, which I previously believed to be IMPOSSIBRU!
link

sourceforge download link

Also temporarily removed the iTunes button, since it did cause some problems.

Edit: if anybody has used this program, please leave a comment. I haven't received any feedback yet.
 

Azeirah

Member
Version 5 is out, worked hard on this one!

-It now supports iTunes!
-The whole script has been heavily rewritten, this means there will be far less unexpected bugs (not that there were that many bugs anyway, you'll have to try pretty hard to find one now ^^)
-It will notify you when there's an update (Will connect to the internet for about one tenth of a second)

Sourceforge download link
My website

Tomorrow I'm going to work on some other cool features:
-Pick a location for your text file
-Basic editing of the output, adding text before or after and filtering characters
 

Azeirah

Member
sangos said:
don´t work with vlc player
main window give me no current song
For me it's definitely working, are you maybe using an older version of vlc or are you using the web player?

If neither, please send me a picture of your vlc program while it's playing a song.
 

Azeirah

Member
sangos said:
http://i.imgur.com/gsoBVxx.jpg
using vlc version 2.0.6

Spotify also does not work. He created the song name in the current_song.txt file but it does not show in OBS.
Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand me.
(Your English is perfectly fine by the way)

Ah ok, that's because you need to tell obs to show the file.

Follow the following steps in obs
Configuring Open Broadcaster Service
1: In sources (the right white panel in obs) add a text object
2: Give the text object a name
3: select ‘Use text from File’. And select the current_song.txt file.

Here are pictures to make it clearer.



 

sangos

Member
Azeirah said:
sangos said:
Follow the following steps in obs
Configuring Open Broadcaster Service
1: In sources (the right white panel in obs) add a text object
2: Give the text object a name
3: select ‘Use text from File’. And select the current_song.txt file.

I've made. works fine with youtube. only vlc and spotify dont works.
 

Azeirah

Member
sangos said:
Azeirah said:
sangos said:
Follow the following steps in obs
Configuring Open Broadcaster Service
1: In sources (the right white panel in obs) add a text object
2: Give the text object a name
3: select ‘Use text from File’. And select the current_song.txt file.
I've made. works fine with youtube. only vlc and spotify dont works.
It outputs to the .txt file properly, but it won't display on stream, only for spotify and vlc?
That's very strange. It could possibly be a problem with obs maybe?

There is one bug in the current version that I have fixed in a version I am working on, but I have to do something else before I can release it, it might be that bug, but I doubt it.. :/

The newer version does have an error log though, so if there are any errors they should be in there.

Edit: I've uploaded the newest version, you could try that one (although, looking at your picture it seems impossible to me that the problem I've fixed could occur)

Could you confirm
It outputs to the .txt file properly, but it won't display on stream, only for spotify and vlc
?
 

sangos

Member
Azeirah said:
It outputs to the .txt file properly, but it won't display on stream, only for spotify and vlc?
spotify outputs to the .txt file, but it won't display on stream.
vlc won't outputs to the .txt file. mainwindow say "there is currently no song playing"

I tested your last update, but the problems are still there.
 

Azeirah

Member
sangos said:
Azeirah said:
It outputs to the .txt file properly, but it won't display on stream, only for spotify and vlc?
spotify outputs to the .txt file, but it won't display on stream.
vlc won't outputs to the .txt file. mainwindow say "there is currently no song playing"

I tested your last update, but the problems are still there.
The latest update also includes a log file. (in the /logging folder) if it's empty, use spotify, then try vlc. And afterwards send it to me. I really don't understand how obs wouldn't be able to display the .txt file.
All I can think of is that you might have text object in obs behind something, or that it's extremely small, or wrong font color anything. (I doubt it though, you mentioned youtube was working ;<)
 

Azeirah

Member
sangos said:
hm i don't have a logging folder.

yes youtube an foobar works fine
I believe I have fixed what may have been the problem.
If you're interested in what it was:
When programming this program, I use something called an interpreter.
It has different default settings.
I had to explicitly code inside my program what those settings should be in any case.
This is a failure on my part, I didn't test the release version properly.

With the wrong default settings, it would generate an error which was previously undetectable.
If not, just get the new version and tell me if it works!
 

sangos

Member
this new update created no current_song.txt file

and this is a error log when i try vlc
ERROR:root:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\rene\\Desktop\\dfg\\current_song.txt'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\M\python\automatisering\release versions\v0.6\build\pyi.win32\gui\out00-PYZ.pyz\core", line 29, in read
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\rene\\Desktop\\dfg\\current_song.txt'
 

Azeirah

Member
sangos said:
this new update created no current_song.txt file

and this is a error log when i try vlc
ERROR:root:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\rene\\Desktop\\dfg\\current_song.txt'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\M\python\automatisering\release versions\v0.6\build\pyi.win32\gui\out00-PYZ.pyz\core", line 29, in read
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\rene\\Desktop\\dfg\\current_song.txt'
I really hope that I fixed it right now O_O
Every single build works perfectly fine for me, I really hope that I fixed it this time.
I made sure that I that current_song.txt exists, fiddled around a little with the directories structure and fixed a huge performance issue.

Version 0.71
 
Top