SMG now playing

Non-Free SMG now playing 2.22

FiLdo28

Hey there. I recently purchased SMG and when I open Pandora and click the groovemarklet bookmark, I keep getting Current Song "-" which is what shows up on SMG as well. I've tried every troubleshooting option in this entire 27 page post. It's a little frustrating. Any advice as to how I can fix this?

Pandora changed their design and it seems that the change has affected the Groovemarklet bookmark. I tried activating it on YouTube and it worked fine. Just Pandora is giving off issues.

Azeirah

Hey there. I recently purchased SMG and when I open Pandora and click the groovemarklet bookmark, I keep getting Current Song "-" which is what shows up on SMG as well. I've tried every troubleshooting option in this entire 27 page post. It's a little frustrating. Any advice as to how I can fix this?
Pandora changed their design and it seems that the change has affected the Groovemarklet bookmark. I tried activating it on YouTube and it worked fine. Just Pandora is giving off issues.

Yep! Pandora changed their layout. I've updated the smg chrome plugin.
Note that the groovemarklet doesn't get updated anymore in favor of the chrome plugin, so please use that instead!

you can download the plugin here: https://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/smg_web.php

Gauthier Lvh

Hi there.

I am running a 24/7 streaming live music on YouTube, through a VPS. As the VPS has no audio card, as of today I must use a virtual cable card, because if I want to display the trackname I must run the playlist on a media player (I use VLC).
However, for performance, I would like to stream my playlist using "VLC Video Source" in OBS. By doing so, I won't need a virtual cable card.
The problem is, I can't display the "now playing" in this way. Is there any solution existing, or does your software enables to display the track name playing, even using VLC Video Source directly in OBS? that would be soooo awesome for everybody using VPS to stream music...

Thanks for your help!
Gauthier

Last edited:

Azeirah

Hi there.

I am running a 24/7 streaming live music on YouTube, through a VPS. As the VPS has no audio card, as of today I must use a virtual cable card, because if I want to display the trackname I must run the playlist on a media player (I use VLC).
However, for performance, I would like to stream my playlist using "VLC Video Source" in OBS. By doing so, I won't need a virtual cable card.
The problem is, I can't display the "now playing" in this way. Is there any solution existing, or does your software enables to display the track name playing, even using VLC Video Source directly in OBS? that would be soooo awesome for everybody using VPS to stream music...

Thanks for your help!
Gauthier
I'm not sure what you mean by "VLC Video Source", is that an OBS plugin? I was unable to find it.

luja

I'm not sure what you mean by "VLC Video Source", is that an OBS plugin? I was unable to find it.

It comes with the default installation of OBS Studio. Add a new source -> VLC Video Source.
You need to have VLC installed tho. (I think you even need VLC 64bit if you use the 64bit version of obs)

Edit: Yes. VLC 64bit for OBS 64bit.

Last edited:

Azeirah

Don't know if a fix for this has been found but any info about Foobar displaying some songs info twice?

Yeah absolutely, this has been an annoying issue for a long time. I've found a definite fix and it will be included in the upcoming release. I'm still not sure about when I'll release the next version, but it won't be too long anymore, got a nice set of new features coming.

Is there anything for Firefox yet? I don't like how much RAM chrome uses.

Unfortunately not, the firefox extension store won't accept my extension because it only provides functionality if paired with paid software (SMG), and if I host it on my own site, you cannot get automatic updates, leaving many people with broken plugins as time goes on :(

mantazzo

But how about implementing, like, additional tab into software like this: Tab called Firefox, text - If you're using Firefox and you instead want to use a plugin, or you're already using Firefox but the output is incorrect/not outputting, click the button below to get the newest version of the plugin:, button to go to your website to get the plugin. It could be something...

EDIT: Or, since application's already checking for new version, do something like "Plugins" tab and like two buttons, one for chrome and one for Firefox, with plugin release/update date besides (and it would say, for example, Last updated: [date]), and it would only need to check what you enter in the database... I hope you understand what I mean.

Azeirah

Anyway to get this to work with Pithos for windows? Or any other Python based music player?

https://github.com/TingPing/pithos-for-windows

Is there any reason in particular why you want the music player to be Python based? I normally don't support open-source alternative UI's to popular music players, but Pandora's detrimental desktop client deserves to be superseded by an open-source alternative given its current state.

Because of that, I'm legitimately considering adding support for this custom client. So, is there any reason why you would want Pithos support, or are you more interested in support for any Pandora client as long as it is written in Python?

But how about implementing, like, additional tab into software like this: Tab called Firefox, text - If you're using Firefox and you instead want to use a plugin, or you're already using Firefox but the output is incorrect/not outputting, click the button below to get the newest version of the plugin:, button to go to your website to get the plugin. It could be something...

EDIT: Or, since application's already checking for new version, do something like "Plugins" tab and like two buttons, one for chrome and one for Firefox, with plugin release/update date besides (and it would say, for example, Last updated: [date]), and it would only need to check what you enter in the database... I hope you understand what I mean.

I understand completely what you mean, it's not a bad idea at all. I do have reasons to prefer automatic updates over giving the user control over when to update, for example when I introduce a new feature, or when I want to deprecate an old on.

But perhaps I can figure out how to force update a browser plugin that's bundled with SMG. It's definitely something to look at, thanks!

Scrub Lord Mike

Is there any reason in particular why you want the music player to be Python based? I normally don't support open-source alternative UI's to popular music players, but Pandora's detrimental desktop client deserves to be superseded by an open-source alternative given its current state.

Because of that, I'm legitimately considering adding support for this custom client. So, is there any reason why you would want Pithos support, or are you more interested in support for any Pandora client as long as it is written in Python?

I say Pithos because I think it's the best option out there, it's stable available to both windows and linux users, even ported out as a Kodi addon.

oneeagle1103

Im using Pandora with this app and the current song wont display on the groovemarket extension. it just shows a dash. any idea on a fix?

X00LA

Hi,

I have a problem using SMG with Amazon Music. When I start it it gives me the message, that I have to use Groovemarklet, but Groovemarklet doesn't support amazon.de links.
Hope you can fix this in the future update.

Thank's

X00LA

Azeirah

Hi,

I have a problem using SMG with Amazon Music. When I start it it gives me the message, that I have to use Groovemarklet, but Groovemarklet doesn't support amazon.de links.
Hope you can fix this in the future update.

Thank's

X00LA

Im using Pandora with this app and the current song wont display on the groovemarket extension. it just shows a dash. any idea on a fix?

For the both of you, these issues has been fixed already, but I don't update the groovemarklet anymore in favor of the browser extension I'm currently working on, you can download and install it here. I should really show a message in the groovemarklet telling people to update :p

krios

Hello,

I recently purchased SMG Reloaded because it was the only solution I could find that supported Tidal's Desktop App.

One problem. It's not working with Tidal Desktop Player. Meaning it does not display the artist name / song title.

I have tested SMG Reloaded with my Spotify Desktop Player, because I have access to a friends account and SMG Reloaded worked as intended, displaying the song name and title.

So I want to know, why can't I get SMG Reloaded to work with Tidal? Tidal is what I want to use so please, let me know.

I really want to get this working with the Tidal Desktop Player like I have been able to do with Spotify and web browsers.

Thank you and all in all, great piece of software.

note: this plugin is much nicer than the last one - kudos. The song however does not update unless I click on the browser window that has access to Tidal Web Player @Azeirah ! https://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/smg_web.php

Last edited:

Kisaka

Any update as to whether or not this program can be programed to work with ankhbot?
Also, I've noticed that Groovemarklet does not properly update the songs and will get stuck sending one song's information to SMG, and won't send anymore unless I close it and reopen it. Has there been any updates fixing these issues?

krios

Any update as to whether or not this program can be programed to work with ankhbot?
Also, I've noticed that Groovemarklet does not properly update the songs and will get stuck sending one song's information to SMG, and won't send anymore unless I close it and reopen it. Has there been any updates fixing these issues?

I would love to know if SMG will work with Ankhbot as well.

And @Kisaka, have you tried using the new plugin? https://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/smg_web.php