SMG now playing

Non-Free SMG now playing 2.22

Azeirah

Hey dearly beloved,

Download for new version here

It's time for a new version, I've made some pretty big improvements over the last version.
Behold version 2.14, this version brings something people have been asking for for over two years. The ability to minimize to system tray! Additionally, I've added support for a few other music players, and I got rid of all files in the SMG folder.

Full changelog

1. Added support for nerdbot song requests
2. Added support for phantombot song requests
3. Added support for hypemachine online radio
4. Added support for tidal online radio
5. Added support for driveplayer online music player, use it by selecting the google play music player
6. Added minimize to system tray feature
7. Made SMG's distribution one beautiful single file, no more confusing and cluttering files

Additionally, and this will be a big help for the people who use the groovemarklet a lot, I've developed a Chrome extension that completely automates the groovemarklet process away. All you have to do is install the extension, and SMG should automatically pick-up the songs playing on supported websites. You do still have to pick the right music player in SMG itself though. You can get the extension here

As always, you can download it here

Last edited:

Azeirah

Azeirah updated SMG now playing with a new update entry:

Minimize smg, new music players and a chrome plugin!

Time for a new update!
Download for new version here

It's time for a new version, I've made some pretty big improvements over the last version.
Behold version 2.14, this version brings something people have been asking for for over two years. The ability to minimize to system tray! Additionally, I've added support for a few other music players, and I got rid of all files in the SMG folder.

Full changelog

1. Added support...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tigermelon

Can't figure out how to get Foobar working. Soundcloud works fine, When I start Foobar, it still shows No song is currently playing.

Azeirah

Can't figure out how to get Foobar working. Soundcloud works fine, When I start Foobar, it still shows No song is currently playing.

Foobar has many options that can affect smg, some skins can stop it from working for example, can you show a screenshot of your foobar setup while a song is playing?
Also, make sure you're on the latest foobar version. (1.32)

k1773n

Dearest Azeirah, is there anyway we could get the javascript on Groovemarklet fixed to properly display Deezer song info? Its displaying in this format... "SongArtist -" Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Azeirah

Dearest Azeirah, is there anyway we could get the javascript on Groovemarklet fixed to properly display Deezer song info? Its displaying in this format... "SongArtist -" Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there, I've just fixed this bug with the v1.3 release of the chrome addon. Please update from the groovemarklet to this addon, it replaces the groovemarklet by working automatically.

You can get it here: https://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/smg_web.php

Reijek

I purchased a license for your software 12/24/2015 and never received a code. I was using an outdated version before a license was required so I never gave it much thought, figured I gave my support to the developer despite not needing the code to use the software but now that I reformatted my computer I am using the update version of the software and now require the key. I can send you the paypal receipt of the transaction.

manu945858

Good evening, I have SMG but there is a bug with spotify it does not put the title of the music but it put it "No song is currently playing"

BDRMrTBag

Hello Azeirah, I've been using your SMG program now since 1.64, I'm still having an issue with the program throwing out the artist name and song twice, I'm using Foobar2000 v1.3 13 which is the latest stable build, is there a way I can remove the double?

Azeirah

Hello Azeirah, I've been using your SMG program now since 1.64, I'm still having an issue with the program throwing out the artist name and song twice, I'm using Foobar2000 v1.3 13 which is the latest stable build, is there a way I can remove the double?

Hey, can you show me what's in your foobar settings? Go to preferences > under display select default user interface. Find the field called "window title", could you please post that here?

BDRMrTBag

Hey Azeirah, sorry for the slow reply, been a bit busy, here is what you wanted:
[%album artist% - ]['['%album%[ CD%discnumber%][ #%tracknumber%]']' ]%title%[ '//' %track artist%]

Azeirah

Hey Azeirah, sorry for the slow reply, been a bit busy, here is what you wanted:
[%album artist% - ]['['%album%[ CD%discnumber%][ #%tracknumber%]']' ]%title%[ '//' %track artist%]

Turns out there's a small problem with foobar that makes smg do this. The next release of SMG has a fix ready for this.

Kisaka

Can we get some support for ankhbot song requests please? My fault, purchased it before checking, so now I'm kind of stuck.

therealskandle

Hey there. I recently purchased SMG and when I open Pandora and click the groovemarklet bookmark, I keep getting Current Song "-" which is what shows up on SMG as well. I've tried every troubleshooting option in this entire 27 page post. It's a little frustrating. Any advice as to how I can fix this?