SMG now playing

Non-Free SMG now playing 2.22

BDRMrTBag

Hey, I like using SMG quite a lot but I'm having an issue with the text file, basically, I use Ankhbot R2 and use a command to read from the text file to show the name of the band and song in the chat but it shows the text line twice, is there a way to just have it as *example* Foo Fighters - Stranger things have happened, rather than Foo Fighters - Stranger things have happened Foo Fighters - Stranger things have happened

It shows the name twice and it won't stop no matter what I do

Douyu.TV/JV2

Hi guys, I wanted to know if you guys would be adding QQ music platform into the list? I'm an expat in China and everyone here uses this platform to play their music. Thanks a bunch!

Daniel Moe

I am trying to run this on a Windows 10 Machine and when I try to launch it it thinks for a second and then crashes :-/ Any suggestions? I did pay and authorize it but now it wont load :-(

Azeirah

Hey, I like using SMG quite a lot but I'm having an issue with the text file, basically, I use Ankhbot R2 and use a command to read from the text file to show the name of the band and song in the chat but it shows the text line twice, is there a way to just have it as *example* Foo Fighters - Stranger things have happened, rather than Foo Fighters - Stranger things have happened Foo Fighters - Stranger things have happened

It shows the name twice and it won't stop no matter what I do

I'll be taking a look at this, it's definitely a bug with smg.

Hey, I got a problem. When i select foobar2000, the song's title shows up 2 times. How do I fix this? :(

Could you try the new version of SMG? I've changed the way smg checks for double titles, unfortunately it's really hard for me to test because foobar doesn't have this issue on my computer, let me know if v2.13 works better.

I am trying to run this on a Windows 10 Machine and when I try to launch it it thinks for a second and then crashes :-/ Any suggestions? I did pay and authorize it but now it wont load :-(

Hey, try updating to version 2.13, this is an issue in version 2.11 and has been fixed since.

Hi guys, I wanted to know if you guys would be adding QQ music platform into the list? I'm an expat in China and everyone here uses this platform to play their music. Thanks a bunch!

I've added support for QQMusic, sorry that it had to take so long, hope it's still useful to you :)

Svissi

Dont know if mentioning Xplit is like swaring in the church here, but I will give it a try xD I am currently trying to use SMG with Xplit and showing of from Youtube. But on Xplit you dont have the option to browse when you try to add text source, so my question is how do I add this to Xplit?

Domenik

So i've downloaded everything and set everything up to display my stuff on Pandora.. but when i start the bookmarklet it just says No song playing.. and i cant seem to fix it... i've paid 4 bucks and now im exactly where i started this is kinda frustrating.. anybody got any advice?

Mid0na

Hello, nice app ! I am using it since 2.07 version. Is it possible to add support for the Nightbot beta app (https://docs.nightbot.tv/app-beta) ? They have a current_song.txt file included but it can't be changed (it displays user who requested even if it's my own playlist, and if I scroll text on OBS there is no space after the end of the text). And i'd like to continue to use your app also :)
Keep up the good work !

Azeirah

I've decided to post this message here because I am currently unable to access my own webserver whatsoever.

What happened?

On the 21st of July 2016 we've experienced a crash on the server side. Because of this, all license keys were getting automatically rejected.
We've restored the server to a backup made on the 10th of July 2016.

Has the issue been resolved yet?

No, unfortunately not. I'm awaiting response from my web-server's support team, the issue seems to have been on their side, not on mine. They have been very quick to respond, but haven't been able to pinpoint the issue exactly.

During the backup, we've lost some licenses, sorry! :(

This means that all licenses purchased between these two dates have been permanently lost. I will contact all people who have purchased a license between these dates.

Can I use SMG right now?

Yes, while your regular license is still being rejected, I've made available a globally valid license that anyone can use for as long as the problem persists.

This globally valid license is: 21/07/2016

I was planning on buying a license today, should I?

You should definitely wait with purchasing your new license until this issue has been resolved.

What else?

The entire situation is incomprehensibly inconvenient because;

1. I have no access to my web-server
2. I am actually on a holiday right now, and do not have access to a computer
3. I have no way to contact everyone except through this forum and the @smgMusicDisplay twitter channel
4. I am unable to disable license purchases for today, even though newly purchased keys will still be invalid
5. I have no way of solving the actual issue at this moment, meaning this will go on until I receive an answer from my web-server's support team

When I get access back to my server, I will do my best to minimize damage and contact everyone.

For now, this message is the official status report.

My apologies for all the inconveniences caused :(

Last edited:

VerticDesigns

I'm really like the program so far and I hope the song request will work with the program soon.
This is a video I made that shows you how to set up SMG for YouTube and Windows Media Player in OBS (for anyone that doesn't know how to set it up or use it)

Sweepy

When i Open the Program then it close after 3 sec. why? I start the Programm as Admin and i have Windows 10 :/

Leet5auce

Hello, i have paid for and downloaded this app, but it is not working for me on spotify.
It shows now playing in smg.exe but there is no output to currentsong.txt

pls help thanks!

Azeirah

Hello, i have paid for and downloaded this app, but it is not working for me on spotify.
It shows now playing in smg.exe but there is no output to currentsong.txt

pls help thanks!

Hey, the problem you have is because SMG doesn't have writing permissions in the folder you extracted SMG to, you probably put it into C:/Program Files/

Try downloading a fresh copy of SMG and put it into your documents folder, it will work again.

Golden God

Just downloaded your software and I am having many problems. 8tracks and plug.dj gives the error of
No song playing
You're on: martijnbrekelmans.com, not supported.
Neither will display any data at all.

Additionally, google play music displays the first songs name and does not update when switching songs.

Also, it appears once the stop button is pressed the start button can not selected. Period. It requires the correct player to be chosen then the app to be relaunched in order for the start button to switch to 'stop'.

Last edited:

Azeirah

Just downloaded your software and I am having many problems. 8tracks and plug.dj gives the error of
No song playing

Additionally, google play music displays the first songs name and does not update when switching songs.

Also, it appears once the stop button is pressed the start button can not selected. Period. It requires the correct player to be chosen then the app to be relaunched in order for the start button to switch to 'stop'.

8tracks and plug.dj gives the error of
No song playing

Start the groovemarklet on plug.dj and on 8tracks, not on martijnbrekelmans.com. I will soon have a more convenient solution for this, but I need to finish up some stuff before I can release that.

So like this: http://prnt.sc/cuubfo note that it says '8tracks', because it was opened on the 8tracks site
Not like this: http://prnt.sc/cuub2o note that it says 'martijnbrekelmans.com', because it was opened on my site

Sounds like a bug, could you send the contents of SMG/logs/exceptions.txt to smg@martijnbrekelmans.com? I will fix it. Or just upload it here, that's fine too, but it might contain some sensitive information about your pc setup