I've updated SMG to version 2.02

Download here

Here's the changelog

Changelog v2.02

Fix - Readded separator in vlc
Before fix: Sonata Arctica False News Travels Fast
After fix: Sonata Arctica - Fale News Travels Fast

Fix - Fixed support for Google Play Music
Google managed to break support for the Groovemarklet in a completely new and innovative way, thanks Google!
From now on, you won't need the groovemarklet anymore to get music from Google Play Music,
SMG will do it directly.

Incredibly exciting change
Made one of the random messages more readable by adding a newline.

Change - Spotify works... again!
Remove Spotify after update and Spotify before update, unified them into "Spotify Desktop"
By this point, I'm assuming that people are using the latest version of Spotify.

Change - Hide album names
Album names will be hidden whenever possible from the SMG output.

Background:
Considering the diversity of players that are supported, I had to make a decision about whether to show the album or not.
Some players show the album by default, most don't. Some don't support showing the album at all.
This makes features like toggling showing album or not very unreliable and extremely hard, if not impossible, to implement.
I have decided, because of these reasons, to simply try to hide album names whenever I can.

Download here
So i recently purchased this program for it allegedly being the only one working with the latest version of Spotify. I've came across a few problems. ver. 2.02

1. It only works as soon as i open it up and initially start it to sync with Spotify.
2. SMG does not change track name when the next track follows.
3. My OBS does not display any text from the current_song.txt file.

If anyone has any idea as to why smg isn't working for me please let me know! Greatly appreciate you all's time!

the9quad

So i recently purchased this program for it allegedly being the only one working with the latest version of Spotify. I've came across a few problems. ver. 2.02

1. It only works as soon as i open it up and initially start it to sync with Spotify.
2. SMG does not change track name when the next track follows.
3. My OBS does not display any text from the current_song.txt file.

If anyone has any idea as to why smg isn't working for me please let me know! Greatly appreciate you all's time!

Sent you a message. posted it in your profile.

doomkittenplays

I seem to be having the same problem as rocketgruntmark. Initially reports the first song played upon opening SMG and then no track update after a second song. Text file is blank and the preview in OBS is blank.

whytonia

Sorry guys, I've accidentally shipped my own settings with smg version 2.02. All you need to do to fix this problem is delete current_song.txt and the config folder with it. Smg will reset itself.

Alternatively, you can redownload SMG http://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/download.php. I've updated SMG not to include my settings.

This is still not writing to the text file. It's blank. I can see that it's changing the song and it's showing the right song now, but not writing to the text file.
And I download the file, open it up and it tells me there is an update. I go to download here, download it again and it still tells me there is an update. Where do I get version 2.03. It's just downloading 2.02.

Azeirah

This is still not writing to the text file. It's blank. I can see that it's changing the song and it's showing the right song now, but not writing to the text file.
And I download the file, open it up and it tells me there is an update. I go to download here, download it again and it still tells me there is an update. Where do I get version 2.03. It's just downloading 2.02.

I managed to reupload the wrong version, the correct version is now available as a download. Sorry for this...

Rukk

Really great app, simple and easy to use. Is it possible to provide mixcloud.com support? It's a popular site, incredibly similar to Soundcloud but for recorded sets/mixes.

Azeirah

New update for SMG, version 2.04

Changelog as always:

1. Added Mixcloud support, as requested by Rukk
Note that mixcloud requires the new groovemarklet, see #3
2. Fixed osu! So you can use smg with osu! again.
3. For you to receive new updates for the groovemarklet, you need to remove your current one, and replace it with the new one. https://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/groovemarklet.php

Get v2.04

Really great app, simple and easy to use. Is it possible to provide mixcloud.com support? It's a popular site, incredibly similar to Soundcloud but for recorded sets/mixes.
Yep, added! See the changelog.

Bjenn

Thank you for this wonderful program!
I have one question, does it support Deezer? I would love to see this.

In my SMB version (don't know which atm) I can choose Deezer, but when I play on deezer.com in Chrome it does not give any information. It only says "No current song playing.."

Azeirah

Thank you for this wonderful program!
I have one question, does it support Deezer? I would love to see this.

In my SMB version (don't know which atm) I can choose Deezer, but when I play on deezer.com in Chrome it does not give any information. It only says "No current song playing.."
Hey Bjenn, do you have the latest version of the groovemarklet? (https://martijnbrekelmans.com/SMG/groovemarklet.php)
It's working fine on chrome here!

Dnykato

Hello everyone!

So I JUST bought SMG. It seems like it is an amazing program, however, I updated my computer to Windows 10 (Fully understanding that the front page of the website says Windows 10 unconfirmed to work). Windows 10 default music player (Which I actually happen to like) is Groove Music. And I was wondering if we could get that implemented into this. But for the time being I've been trying to use Windows Media Player, and that doesn't seem to work for me. I have not tried any of source, although I was thinking about trying websources just to see if it's Windows 10 or SMG.. or... me.....

Lastly, This is going to sound like a stupid question... What is the Output Directory? That's where the program reads the file to know what song is playing right? And what is the 2 columns in the options tab. All music players on the left, and nothing in the right? What is the right side?

Sorry..
-Dnykato

-edit-
Alright, so I just watched the videos, and figured out what everything was... A lot simpler than I thought it was. HA.

So with all that being said, I tested out youtube, and it seems to work. I was wondering now if you could add in Slacker Radio (much like Pandora). and I don't think the webplayer button works on Microsoft EDGE... Their new.. "IE".

Thank you

Last edited:

Azeirah

Hello everyone!

So I JUST bought SMG. It seems like it is an amazing program, however, I updated my computer to Windows 10 (Fully understanding that the front page of the website says Windows 10 unconfirmed to work). Windows 10 default music player (Which I actually happen to like) is Groove Music. And I was wondering if we could get that implemented into this. But for the time being I've been trying to use Windows Media Player, and that doesn't seem to work for me. I have not tried any of source, although I was thinking about trying websources just to see if it's Windows 10 or SMG.. or... me.....

Lastly, This is going to sound like a stupid question... What is the Output Directory? That's where the program reads the file to know what song is playing right? And what is the 2 columns in the options tab. All music players on the left, and nothing in the right? What is the right side?

Sorry..
-Dnykato

-edit-
Alright, so I just watched the videos, and figured out what everything was... A lot simpler than I thought it was. HA.

So with all that being said, I tested out youtube, and it seems to work. I was wondering now if you could add in Slacker Radio (much like Pandora). and I don't think the webplayer button works on Microsoft EDGE... Their new.. "IE".

Thank you

Right now, windows media player does not work on anyone's computer.
I don't have access to windows 10 at the moment, I can't take care of windows 10 problems for now.

First, I'll try to fix Windows Media Player support and slacker radio afterwards.

Azeirah

New version, 2.06

Changelog:

1. Fixed a potential crash at startup
2. Added a new option to edit the text that appears when no song is playing. Default is "No song is currently playing"
3. Removed windows media player and zune options for now
4. Added support for VK.com music
5. Added support for clementine music player

Hello ! , I'm French, sorry for my bad English... Is it possible to add Clementine ? :)
Yep, version 2.06 now has clementine support.

Polca

Yep, version 2.06 now has clementine support.
Perfect ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Edit : Oups... There is a problem, with clementine, when the music change, there is the message : "SMG reloaded - 2.06 by Azeirah" 10 sec or more before the title of the song :/

Last edited: