SMG now playing

Non-Free SMG now playing 2.22

LastTalon

In addition to being able to modify the formatting of song output in the form of "$title - $album - $artist" and such, it would be nice to be able to format the text put in the file for if no song is currently playing.

Jordonics

I take it this is dead?
Azeirah's last post is May 18th with a promise that a fix is coming, but they were unable to do so at the current time because they were pre-disposed and unable to a computer running windows. It's only been a couple weeks, I still think a fix is coming.

Azeirah

I take it this is dead?

Azeirah's last post is May 18th with a promise that a fix is coming, but they were unable to do so at the current time because they were pre-disposed and unable to a computer running windows. It's only been a couple weeks, I still think a fix is coming.

Nope not at all dead, just been extremely hectic at school past few weeks.

Seeing the emails I've been getting the biggest issues are:

- Spotify is in a semi-working state, this needs to be working
- Google Play Music is broken
- People don't want to see the album name in the output

I have checked out the problem with google play music, it's a little deeper than it seems. I may have a temporary fix, not sure if it'll even work, but I'll probably have to rewrite the groovemarklet as a firefox and chrome plugin in the long run.

Spotify should be an easy fix, especially since the newest update outputs the song title via the title bar again.

I'll start working on album names, first I'll add a button to disable album output. In a later update I'll allow for custom output like this:

"{song} -- {artist}"

Azeirah

I've updated SMG to version 2.02

Download here

Here's the changelog

Changelog v2.02

Fix - Readded separator in vlc
Before fix: Sonata Arctica False News Travels Fast
After fix: Sonata Arctica - Fale News Travels Fast

Fix - Fixed support for Google Play Music
Google managed to break support for the Groovemarklet in a completely new and innovative way, thanks Google!
From now on, you won't need the groovemarklet anymore to get music from Google Play Music,
SMG will do it directly.

Incredibly exciting change
Made one of the random messages more readable by adding a newline.

Change - Spotify works... again!
Remove Spotify after update and Spotify before update, unified them into "Spotify Desktop"
By this point, I'm assuming that people are using the latest version of Spotify.

Change - Hide album names
Album names will be hidden whenever possible from the SMG output.

Background:
Considering the diversity of players that are supported, I had to make a decision about whether to show the album or not.
Some players show the album by default, most don't. Some don't support showing the album at all.
This makes features like toggling showing album or not very unreliable and extremely hard, if not impossible, to implement.
I have decided, because of these reasons, to simply try to hide album names whenever I can.

Download here

xZora

Hey Azeirah what is causing SMG to not update the song that's playing via YouTube? I've got a long playlist going and it just stays at the first song that plays, when it plays next song nothing happens to the title.

Azeirah

Hey Azeirah what is causing SMG to not update the song that's playing via YouTube? I've got a long playlist going and it just stays at the first song that plays, when it plays next song nothing happens to the title.

Not sure, what browser are you using?

Jorgas

Been trying to get spotify to work for atleast an hour now, still does not work. Before it atleast did display the song it got stuck on. But now it don't show anything. Like SMG does not write to current song text file.

the9quad

Been trying to get spotify to work for atleast an hour now, still does not work. Before it atleast did display the song it got stuck on. But now it don't show anything. Like SMG does not write to current song text file.

I started a conversation with you (i think it is like a PM) on a program that works with spotify and is pretty feature heavy. Check your conversations.

bewbtube

Groovemarklet doesn't seem to work with the spotify webplayer? It doesn't recognize play.spotify.com
0c44cd4ee14388c0cbdc248835488271.png