Scoreboard Assistant

Non-Free Scoreboard Assistant 1.2.2

AckMeL666

Dude man dude this app is sick. I am loving every bit of it. Just wanted to let you know how much it rocks and you rock for making it available to us. I dropped ya $5 to try it out and will happily give you more.

Only issue I have so far that I'd love to see is with the Image Select Tab. I wanted to use it to change custom Kills/Deaths Counters I show on screen in OBS where I use Animated .gif Images of Numbers but the Image Select thing doesn't seem to support .gif Files. Can this be added easily? The drop down select box doesn't need to show them animating but just help in changing out the image files that get displayed in OBS would be great. Right now I'm manually toggling the images on and off in obs for Animated Numbers 0-9 is a pain. Don't know if there is another way to do this with some xml scripting off of a Scoreboard Tab (kind of beyond me atm). Anyway in short Support .gif Image Files with Image Select Tab please!

Other feature that would be nice is an Auto-Save on Change Toggle for like the Scoreboard tab for example when I change the Score Up/Down I then have to click save to update it. It would be nice to just have to do one click on a lot of tabs that Auto-Save when you change something (if you toggle Auto-Save on for that Tab).

Love to see these kinds of thinks in a new update my friend. Keep up the awesome work and lets make this app the best thing ever for OBS/Xsplit.

AckMeL666

Ohh and maybe in the future add ability to play sounds when making a change or moving a score up or down stuff like that. Or maybe even a Sound Bar Tab with like a bunch of buttons we can assign sounds to, so we can play them at the click of a button would be kool.

Jaxel

The Challonge integration is great! Thanks so much! I noticed a small bug where a Challonge tab text config will default back to "XML-only" after being set to "text". This seems to happen on program restart.

The Spotify issue stinks cause I use it often, but thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for all your hard work, Jaxel!
I will have this fixed for the next version...

Whenever I try to log into Twitch the program crashes although I got to fill in the information once. It says when starting, "Unable to Load Configuration file. Launching with Generic Scoreboard."
Can you clear your internet explorer cache and try again?

Love to see these kinds of thinks in a new update my friend. Keep up the awesome work and lets make this app the best thing ever for OBS/Xsplit.
I'll add a extension selector in the next version.

I'll also look into auto saving on a few SPECIFIC tabs. I wouldn't want auto-saving on text fields, only numeric spin boxes.

Ohh and maybe in the future add ability to play sounds when making a change or moving a score up or down stuff like that. Or maybe even a Sound Bar Tab with like a bunch of buttons we can assign sounds to, so we can play them at the click of a button would be kool.
This kind of feature can half be done with Scoreboard Assistant. You would need to write your own scripting on top of it. Basically what I do with my streams, every text on the screen is actually part of an HTML web page I am embedding using CLR browser. The HTML web page uses javascript to fetch the XML file from Scoreboard Assistant. Using the javascript, I do animations and stuff on the screen. You could easily add sound effects using js.

I wrote a rudimentary guide to some of these scripts here:
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/adding-animations-to-your-stream.116/

AckMeL666

awesome thanks for the quick response. I'm checking out the guide now. I will do my best to try and learn it cuz it sounds like you can do so much cool stuff with scripts combined with your app. Any other examples you have would be great help. Maybe do a youtube series on some scripting with your app would be awesome ;c)

OBSqisdo

First: This it's an amazing software!

OBS, Scoreboard Assistant, CLR Browser (I'm better with HTML / CSS / JS) , and all.

Thank you so much! I've not download any software yet (OBS neither SA), but, I can imagine all the possibilities. Not only for game streaming. (I don't do that, I do TV).

I just want to suggest something for Scoreboard Assistant: Racing Scoreboard Positions.

I made a simple mockup image.

KvDhSUM.png

So, you can Add rows:

JhNyF43.gif

And Delete rows:

6rEZDZx.gif

I'll try to explain.

First Pos column It is a number that is automatically added when you add a row. That is the position in which the driver is located. Second Pos column it's for Up or Down driver position, when you clicked it for up or down, works like this (buttons for lower thirds):

Pressing buttons order, it could auto save.

textfields-png.5520

With magic of HTML / CSS / JS could have something like this:

AifuJxp.jpg

Other things are in mind. What do you think, guys? What do you think, Jaxel?

Thanks a lot!

Pyrii

I really want to try this but I'm not happy that I have to go through paypal to do so. I really wish there as an alternative, like maybe an adf.ly link or something.

I really want to try this right now as I need something to fill a few gaps left from me giving up on TeeBoard.

Jaxel

I really want to try this but I'm not happy that I have to go through paypal to do so. I really wish there as an alternative, like maybe an adf.ly link or something.

I really want to try this right now as I need something to fill a few gaps left from me giving up on TeeBoard.
Pirate it... I don't really mind.

HQ-Antin

Loving this! I've been using PanelWriter for quite some time, amazing software. Just today i discoverd Scoreboard Assistant, and i'm really looking forward to se what i can do with it!

It would be really nice to have hotkeys, especially for changing the score. And i'm sure that people can come up with other areas of use for it aswell!

(And if you do this, please make it so you can map the hotkeys to controllers! I've been wanting to build a "stream-controller-box" based on a USB-encoder for quite some time! :)

Baz

This just stopped working for me out of the blue today. Worked perfectly fine yesterday. Shows up in the Task Manager but nothing appears on screen. Not entirely certain what I should do.

Edit: If I check the wait chain in Task Manager it says it's waiting on a svchost process, but if I check that particular process it's waiting on Scoreboard Assistant? Can't imagine that's supposed to happen...

This is on Win 8, btw

Edit 2: Working again with the new version.

Last edited:

Jaxel

Jaxel updated Scoreboard Assistant with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1 CHANGELOG

• Added a new "Scoreboard (2p) ++" tab item. This new tab item includes an image select database.
  • Image select databases now support JPG and GIF images, as well as PNG. All outputs will be saved as .png images, but they will work either way... animations for GIF images will remain intact.
  • BUG FIX: Challonge tabs will now properly retain output settings/

Read the rest of this update entry...

salazar547

just started using this now and im having a little issue , if my mouse is in a button the program starts to look weird , heres an example :

BS7M3LZ.png

how do i fix it?

sacc91

I keep getting a crash when trying to log into Twitch. Is there something special I need to do?

Edit: I got it working by uppgrading to Windows 8. is there a way to get a challonge bracket for an organization? The brackets we use are not under a personal account. I'd love to use this with my stream.

Last edited:

majkhell

Hi,
I want to use SA for sport streaming with OBS, so I need time. But when I use watch.A.txt as a source for OBS text, time is showing all seconds, sometimes it shows time after two seconds. Is there same problem with refreshing in OBS?
Can anyone help me with it?
thanx

Jaxel

Hi,
I want to use SA for sport streaming with OBS, so I need time. But when I use watch.A.txt as a source for OBS text, time is showing all seconds, sometimes it shows time after two seconds. Is there same problem with refreshing in OBS?
Can anyone help me with it?
thanx
Your computer isn't powerful enough to execute code on an EXACT every 1 second basis... chances are it takes around 1.03 seconds for each update. Most of the time, this means once a second, but those 0.03 eventually adds up to mean it occasionally misses a second. You can try lowering the refresh rate to every half second instead; so that you never miss a second. However, this doesnt really fix the problem, it just hides it.

Oby

I am streaming on Linux, and thus I am wondering: Is this tool cross-platform (e.g. written in java)?

Noc0002

Awesome program! This may be difficult to implement but one feature I would request is the ability to automatically update text or image in one tab based on what was input or saved to xml in another tab. For example, when I select a Melee character icon in one tab, I would like the larger corresponding character image in another tab to be auto-selected. I could do it manually but there can be limited time from when the players select their character and when they start the match. Also, buttons or hotkeys to clear (or reset to default) all text and images in all tabs as well as save all could be useful. As a programming novice, I am not sure how to customize the javascript in your adding animations guide for my xml files and panel images but can try to learn.

majkhell

Your computer isn't powerful enough to execute code on an EXACT every 1 second basis... chances are it takes around 1.03 seconds for each update. Most of the time, this means once a second, but those 0.03 eventually adds up to mean it occasionally misses a second. You can try lowering the refresh rate to every half second instead; so that you never miss a second. However, this doesnt really fix the problem, it just hides it.
Thanx Jaxel, how poverfull computer I need?
I tried to lower (change) frequency (fps) in scoreboard assistant, but it does not help.
Can you give me another advice?
thanx

sacc91

Hi, I've encountered a bug with certain challonge brackets, some work perfectly but this one for instance qtt.challonge.com/019 always crashes Scoreboard Assistant as soon as I log in on the tab.

Kadano

Hey Jaxel,

If it would take little effort for you, I’d very much appreciate if you could add a function that allows tab vertical stacking. I have enough space on my monitors to have Scoreboard Assistant in a square shape, but when I’m streaming / recording my tournaments, switching tabs all the time is a bit annoying.

I’m thinking that maybe you could add an entry to the menu you get from the ∨ config button that says “pin current tab vertically”. Doing so would increase the window’s height by that of the current tab and keep it there when cycling to other tabs in the tab bar.

It would be great if this could allow for at least four tabs on top of each other. (I personally would need the 4-player tab, an additional text tab for “best of 3” / “best of 5”, tournament name etc., an image select tab and a timer tab, for example.)

I promise to donate 30$ the instant you release this functionality. I have donated twice in the past (it was something between 5 and 15$ each, don’t remember), so these are not just empty words.

By the way, the app (v1.1.1) still crashes for me when I log into Twitch. Windows 8.1 x64. Just thought I’d let you know; I don’t see that as core functionality and am perfectly happy with and grateful for the tabs I mentioned above, so this is no complaint at all.

majkhell

Hi all,
another begging for help. I am trying with faster comp (i7 quadcore, ssd disk, 8 gb ram) but still have the same problem. Time is jumping in OBS, it occasionally misses a second. If I lower frequency of refreshing in Scoreboard assistant to 2 fps it is getting worse. I tried all frequencies, but I am not able to get better result.
Except this problem I found SA as a wonderfull program and I will support you again.

please help,
thanx