Scoreboard Assistant

Non-Free Scoreboard Assistant 1.2.2

unseeingeye

Just donated and grabbed v1.0.5 and found a possible bug:

When I create an image tab and click save it crashes. It seems that you need to manually create an input subfolder with a subfolder for the tabname and put a default png image in it before it will work. It doesn't seem to be able to create the input folder automatically like it does for text inputs.

I did some more testing of various combinations of creating the folders and the tabs and it would appear that the folder with the images (at least one .png) needs to exist first or it will crash when you click save.

Questions and Requests:

I also wondered if it was possible to change the text labels on the tabs as well at all? I'm looking at streaming some games that have both score and money counters that would be good to show. I can use the 4p tab which has 4 counters and then use 2 of the counters per player. It would be nice if I could change the player 1, player 2 labels to something else?

It would also be useful if when changing score it updated automatically without having to click save every time. I'd also like to make the buttons bigger, the score up and down arrows are particularly tiny, I've got 3 monitors so being able to make them bigger would be very helpful.

Or if it was possible to make custom layout tabs that I could design to my exact needs? I'd also like to be able to use image files to display for numbers rather than just a numerical text output. So then I could use designed images with gradients etc on them. I've got 2 different sets of numbers in folders already named 001.png 002.png 003.png etc. If I could point an individual tab to a specific input folder for those images to use for the score counters that would be brilliant.

Last edited:

Jaxel

Jaxel updated Scoreboard Assistant with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 UPDATE

• By request from @unseeingeye, you can now change the text within the label fields of each tab. This text is changed using the "Text Config" feature for each field. Change to label contents will not appear till the next time you restart the application. As well, keep in mind the limited space for text; so keep your custom labels short.
  • In addition to the existing "image" and "text" output format options, the program will now automatically output an XML file (in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jaxel

I'd also like to be able to use image files to display for numbers rather than just a numerical text output. So then I could use designed images with gradients etc on them. I've got 2 different sets of numbers in folders already named 001.png 002.png 003.png etc. If I could point an individual tab to a specific input folder for those images to use for the score counters that would be brilliant.
Isn't this already exactly how the image select tab works?

unseeingeye

Hi Jaxel, amazing service to see updates already!

The image tabs do indeed work like that, though it does mean I have to select the image from a drop down and then scroll, no big deal really. Would just be easier if I could use the counters and just click up and down. Though thinking about that now when there are jumps in numbers of a few perhaps the image tab way would actually work better.

Being able to set a field to auto save rather than having to click the save button every time would be very handy though. I can see uses where I'd like to repopulate a lot of fields and then click save and update all of them in one go though, so having a toggle per input/output field to do this would be best. Otherwise I think having to always click save (as it is now) is more useful than them all always auto saving.

Mind you if it was a global toggle which strikes me as being way easier to implement, then those times when you need to batch update in one go (such as between games where you want to change the player names etc) you could turn off the auto save and just enable it again after.

Please note I'm very happy with it as it is. These suggestions aren't needed by me to be able to use it for what I wanted, they would just make it a little easier and flexible. Time for me to mess around with some html, css and js, thanks again, your videos and examples have made it pretty easy to use and provides me with great additions to my streaming capabilities.

unseeingeye

Right just got the new version and played around with it. I found out that I can just hit control+s to save so that's going to work great and save me clicking, need an autosave / autoupdate even less now.

It's great that the image drop downopens at the point from the currently selected image is (rather than opening at the top of the list every time) when you click on them with the mouse.

Regarding keyboard shortcuts: (what I've found works and doesn't)
I can scroll down through a list of images in the drop down by hitting the s key but it always goes from the first image rather than the currently selected one. Can't select an image by typing the filename or hitting a letter such as if selecting country flags). Not going to be changing the flags a lot quickly on the fly though so scrolling through the list works perfectly fine.

Page up and Page Down, home and end keys all work as expected, though if I hit the s key it jumps back up to the first image in the list and scrolls down one by one from there. Can also scroll up and down one by one using the arrow keys. The home end and arrow keys work if the image is just selected. The page up and down only work if you've clicked on the image to bring up the drop down box. None of the other alphabet keys seem to do anything so I think the s key function wasn't intended or I'm missing the point?

Tab and shift+Tab also work as expected, along with control+tab, control+shift+tab. If I do use the keys to change between tabs, the save button is the one that's always highlighted rather than the last active one. On the image tabs, when you do press the tab key from the save button it goes to the 6 small swap buttons before the actual 4 image select boxes, would be handy if it went straight to the select boxes first.

I did notice that you can't use the arrow keys to change the value in a standard counter. Though as I'm planning on using a list of images instead for me it's not an issue. Between tab, the arrow keys and control+s scoreboard assistant is going to work even better than I thought it was going to.

Just thought I'd list the ones here I found worked in case anyone else was interested, as I don't recall seeing a list anywhere. Hope it helps!

Jaxel

CTRL+S has been in since version 1... I just never mentioned it.

The S key working on the image select dropdowns isn't intended. The image drop downs are not text fields, so its natural that typing in the name of the image won't work. They are however "Stack Panels"; which is probably why the S key sorts through them.

The save button being the button highlighted on tab changes is intended. As for the order of the tab index on the image select tabs, I have re-ordered them for the next version.

I also just added the ability to use the up/down arrows to scroll the number boxes.

Jaxel

Something I forgot to mention in the update notes...

On the Twitch tab, the "Run Ad" button will now count the number of minutes since the last time you ran an ad.

gamecheet

when I try to download 1.0.6 I get this error

Link Expired
The product you purchased is no longer available for download. Please refer to the download email we sent you for further support.

I have bad luck with your stuff I guess

I should note the 1.0.5 links is still working

Jaxel

when I try to download 1.0.6 I get this error

Link Expired
The product you purchased is no longer available for download. Please refer to the download email we sent you for further support.

I have bad luck with your stuff I guess

I should note the 1.0.5 links is still working
My logs say you downloaded it 3 times... either way, I've reopened it for you.

Jaxel

Version 1.0.7 CHANGELOG

This new version includes a new version of the Xceed Extended WPF Toolkit library; make sure you copy over the included library or the program will not work.
  • You can now "refresh" channel data within Twitch and Hitbox tabs. Doing so will replace the contents of your status and game text boxes with the current contents of your channel.
  • Twitch tabs will now properly check to see if you are a Twitch partner and then enable/disable features depending on...

Tommi Alho

Ver. 1.0.7 when I do Scoreboard (4p) it's not possible to use score4 field. It makes score3.txt as output file everytime i try to save txt -file

Jaxel

Wow, awesome program, I was looking for it ;)

If you add simple countdown with pause you will be my hero!

Untitled-1.png

Jaxel

Version 1.0.8 CHANGELOG

• There is now an option for EACH tab to automatically backup new stored data when the program closes.
  • New "Clock / Timers" tab! This new tab has 3 different timers: your system time, a count-up stopwatch, and a count-down stopwatch. All three fields can be customized using various DateTime/TimeSpan formatting string options. The output files output not only the custom formatting string, but also the seconds since Unix Epoch (offset by time zone). They...

CubanLegend

Loving this amazing tool! Had one request from my first moments messing around with it. I was wondering if it was possible to swap the bottom and the top "lower thirds", thus putting the scoreboard on the bottom and the info panel on top? Please, If this is possible and it's also possible to change the panel coloring too, I'd gladly drop a donation your way for all the good this would do! Thanks!

Jaxel

Loving this amazing tool! Had one request from my first moments messing around with it. I was wondering if it was possible to swap the bottom and the top "lower thirds", thus putting the scoreboard on the bottom and the info panel on top? Please, If this is possible and it's also possible to change the panel coloring too, I'd gladly drop a donation your way for all the good this would do! Thanks!
The placement and display of your elements has nothing to do with this mod... you put them wherever you want.

CubanLegend

Ah, I'm so sorry! I was confused about a certain feature I was able to figure out on my own. jaja

I have a feature request coming from a Smash Bros. perspective. Is it possible to link/tie/bind selecting a specific Scoreboad Player Name to outputting a specific Image? (both Player name and Image are already saved in the input database). I don't know if this means you'd have to update the 2p/4p socreboard tab to include a small Image Select options next to all the player names (like how the scores are organized in the center) or if you could tie these images to a separate Image Select Tab in a way that even swapping a player's position will swap the image selected for them too?

TL;DR: I am using Image Select with a pool of "stock icons" for Smash Bros Melee and Project:M to indicate to viewers the Player Names and their currently selected onscreen Characters. And it can be quite tedious to sift through a separate tab each time I update the player stock icons for every new match (especially since players usually pick the same character), so I'm wondering if I can "save" them to select player names, so to speak.

In fact, upon watching a past stream from the guys at SaltyPlayground, I just realized that they seem to also have a bar under the player names that changes according to their ingame team color, this would also be a useful feature if there was a "Team color" attribute on each side of the 4pScoreboard that if tied to an Image Select, would allow color coding opportunities in Doubles Tournaments. I don't know if a "team color" attribute could also least be swapped from left to right in a manner similar to swapping players, without being tied to players.

I know this is a hefty request with probably copious amounts of coding necessary, but thanks for hearing me out.

Also the guys over at SaltyPlayground seem to at least be using some sort of Image Select for stock icons and team color as well (maybe they're using your software, idk) and I will link to one of their past broadcasts showing the effect in use: http://www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground/b/586604280

Last edited: