Scoreboard Assistant

Non-Free Scoreboard Assistant 1.2.2

Baz

How can you manage the Twitch login if you use more than one Twitch account?

Last edited:

Jaxel

How can you manage the Twitch login if you use more than one Twitch account?
Try adding a second Twitch tab?

Hi all,
another begging for help. I am trying with faster comp (i7 quadcore, ssd disk, 8 gb ram) but still have the same problem. Time is jumping in OBS, it occasionally misses a second. If I lower frequency of refreshing in Scoreboard assistant to 2 fps it is getting worse. I tried all frequencies, but I am not able to get better result.
Except this problem I found SA as a wonderfull program and I will support you again.

please help,
thanx
As I said before... there will always be SOME lag... it takes processing power to write the files. Even if its 0.003 seconds, that eventually will add up.

just started using this now and im having a little issue , if my mouse is in a button the program starts to look weird , heres an example :

BS7M3LZ.png

how do i fix it?
Welcome to the world of Windows 10 being complete ass. Try changing your display scaling settings.

Awesome program! This may be difficult to implement but one feature I would request is the ability to automatically update text or image in one tab based on what was input or saved to xml in another tab. For example, when I select a Melee character icon in one tab, I would like the larger corresponding character image in another tab to be auto-selected. I could do it manually but there can be limited time from when the players select their character and when they start the match. Also, buttons or hotkeys to clear (or reset to default) all text and images in all tabs as well as save all could be useful. As a programming novice, I am not sure how to customize the javascript in your adding animations guide for my xml files and panel images but can try to learn.
I use a different method for this. All my screens are done using HTML/JS... and I just select the characrer and load up the PNG file that matches the character name. Its much better for this as each tab is independent of each other tab.

Hi, I've encountered a bug with certain challonge brackets, some work perfectly but this one for instance qtt.challonge.com/019 always crashes Scoreboard Assistant as soon as I log in on the tab.
Looking into it.

Jaxel

Jaxel updated Scoreboard Assistant with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.2 CHANGELOG

• There is now a "Counters" tab. With the release of Dark Souls III coming soon, I figure it would be nice to have. Its a simple tab, with 4 counters. If you need text with it, I recommend just using the Scoreboard tabs.
  • Clicking the Twitch/Hitbox buttons on the Twitter tab will now append the URLs to the stream at the end of the status message.
  • BUG FIX: fixed a bug that crashes the program if a Challonge match has a negative score.
I also just added a new guide on animations, you should check it out!
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/animating-streams-with-scoreboard-assistant.373/

Read the rest of this update entry...

zeta506

Hi Jaxel!
Im a programmer and actually I was going to make an app for the scoreboards so i didn't need to use flash, but before doing it I made a little search and found this one.
Here's the video of how I customized my bars using the program. I'm gonna be upgrading it with time... But the idea was for it to look like the MKX style
Thank you!

Jaxel

It just logs into the same one without me being able to do anything about it
That is because the .NET browser window uses Internet Explorer. So even though a second tab can have different Twitch login information, the actual login button is using the Internet Explorer cache to log you back into the account you are already logged into.

Setup your first Twitch tab. Login.
CLEAR YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER CACHE
Setup your second Twitch tab. Login.

Reactions: Baz

JamesG1998

Hey Jaxel. I am LOVING this nifty tool. It has everything I need to update my stream very easily. However, I have come across a problem with it and OBS. When using the Scoreboard (2p) + +, I noticed that my text (as images) update correctly on my stream, but the images associated with each player (in my case SSBM character icons) do not update correctly on OBS, while it does in the output folder. Do you know of a way to fix this problem?

Jaxel

Hey Jaxel. I am LOVING this nifty tool. It has everything I need to update my stream very easily. However, I have come across a problem with it and OBS. When using the Scoreboard (2p) + +, I noticed that my text (as images) update correctly on my stream, but the images associated with each player (in my case SSBM character icons) do not update correctly on OBS, while it does in the output folder. Do you know of a way to fix this problem?
How are you loading the images? I think OBS's image loader has an option to monitor file changes, which require you to check a box.

If you are loading the images using some sort of animation script, such as MinifiedJS javascript...
Code:
$('#image1').set("$background", "url('output/melee2/image2.png')");
Then you need to do a slight change...
Code:
$('#image1').set("$background", "url('output/melee2/image2.png?"+timeNew+"')");
Why do you need to do this? Because the built in browser on both OBS and Xsplit cache images, and you need to append the updated time to the image to force a cache refresh.

JamesG1998

How are you loading the images? I think OBS's image loader has an option to monitor file changes, which require you to check a box.
Sorry I forgot to mention, but I am also using OBS Studio/Multi-Platform. The image loader only has the option to "Unload image when not showing". The image will sometimes update, but maybe only a few times before it gets stuck on a previous image.

Kore

Hi I recently downloaded this program and I was wondering how you are supposed to make the images auto update in xsplit? Currently I have to right click on them and manually hit refresh for the stock icons to change in the scoreboard 2p++.

Thanks,
George

maxfaction

Oh... in case you guys are wondering on how "sales" of this program are working out since I started doing this "pay what you wish pricing model"...

When this program was still called "XSplit Panel Writer", I was selling it for $10 a copy. I sold 109 copies; which means I made a total of $1090 off the program.

When I renamed it to "Scoreboard Assistant", I decided to sell it using the "pay what you wish" pricing model; with a minimum of $0.01 per sale. Well since then, the average price for each copy sold is $0.16... and I've sold 721 copies. So I've made about $115.

This program is a work of passion, not of money.
Honestly wasn't sure if this program was for me so at the time I didn't pay what I currently think it was worth after playing with it. So I donated a meager $4 out of fear that I may have invested in a bogus product. Not saying that's everyone's reason, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. This program isn't perfect and there are some quirks, areas of limited or no information where you'll have to take the time to figure out, but pound for pound its currently the most useful streaming tool. And after spending 3 days with it I'm curious why the "pay what you wish" pricing model when you could easily charge $5 and do 100x better? I know you don't do it for the money, but you wrote this post didn't you? You're pricing model is like begging for people to take advantage of your goodwill. I'm currently walking through every single forum post and I've come across comments from you saying you don't mind if your software get's pirated. If feels like you want support but don't want it at the same time. All I'm saying is I appreciate what you've created, it's amazing by comparison to everything else. Don't sell yourself short cause we all need to eat and $5 (or some other set fee) won't kill anyone if its worth it. If I could try it and knew it was this good ahead of time I would've given a bigger donation. *hint-hint*

maxfaction

I've looked high and low (checked all forum posts and youtube videos) and can't find any information pertaining to the lower 3rds o_O Is there an HTML file or tutorial for Lower 3rds?

Jaxel

I've looked high and low (checked all forum posts and youtube videos) and can't find any information pertaining to the lower 3rds o_O Is there an HTML file or tutorial for Lower 3rds?
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/animating-streams-with-scoreboard-assistant.373/

This is how I do my lower thirds... it follows the same principles. Just uses Lower Thirds tab, instead of Versus tab.

You're pricing model is like begging for people to take advantage of your goodwill. I'm currently walking through every single forum post and I've come across comments from you saying you don't mind if your software get's pirated. If feels like you want support but don't want it at the same time.
Its all about the amount of support I want to give. I made this product for myself, not as a product to sell. If I sold it at a normal price, I would be required to give a level of support to end users that I just dont want to do. This way, I can just put the program up and let people figure it out on their own.

Jaxel

Next version is being tested right now...
  • Adds support for YouTube Stream Now (youtube gaming)
  • Adds commercial support for Hitbox.TV
  • Includes output for stream information (ie: followers, viewers, status, etc).

Jaxel

Hi,
I'm wondering how to change the font of the player names and scores in the html output,coule anybody help me? thanks!
What HTML output? You mean the HTML in my tutorial? (which is a different resource, with a different thread)

Just change the font family in the _global.css

Jaxel

Jaxel updated Scoreboard Assistant with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.5 CHANGELOG

• Added support for YouTube as an external service.
    • This tab only supports your YouTube Stream Now stream, it does not support "Event" streams. When you log in, it will automatically fetch your stream now information.
    • You can not change the game you are streaming, the YouTube API does not support this. As such, I've replaced the text box with the stream description.
    • You can not run commercials yet, the YouTube API does not support this.
  • YouTube, Twitch and...

Read the rest of this update entry...