Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

lcalder

Here is a picture of the output of the "%TIME%" formatter referenced in the above post: It didn't post above because the file size was too big..
This is a picture of the results produced by the following text format:
%PROGRESS% @ %SPEED%
%TIME%s of %DURATION%s
%INDEX% of %COUNT%

weird seconds.png

lcalder

Hi Exceldro,

So I just removed the replay-source.dll and pdb files from obs-plugins\64bit and my crashes in websocket.dll stopped occurring upon trying to exit OBS.
Then I reinstalled OBS again, recreated the replay source according to this dialog exactly
replay setup.png

THEN I reset up my hotkeys this way:

replay hotkeys.png

and exited without triggering the replay source. No problem with crashing.
THEN, I relaunched and then triggered my replay. I replayed correctly (because I didn't mess with the Start Delay).
Then I tried to exit and OBS crashed again.
Remove the replay-source.dll etc and again no crashing...

Any ideas?

lcalder

Here is my scene setup:
I had to add ".txt" to the filename because the attach files function for this webpage doesn't allow ".json" files...

Attachments

• test_replay.json.txt
    37.4 KB · Views: 30

deetari

When trimming, it looks like "Trim Front" trims from the next keyframe, which means it cuts off more of the footage than I want.

e.g.: If I trim at 00:00:02, but the two closest keyframes are at 00:00:00 and 00:00:04, I lose two seconds of footage from the start of the replay, because it trims from 00:00:04.

Is there any way this can trim from the previous keyframe, instead?

(The existing behaviour of going to the next keyframe is great for "Trim End", though)

Bhaughin

Hi,

I am looking to incorporate this plugin into our production for sports streaming. We use 2 cameras. Is it possible that you could save a replay from both cameras simultaneously, and then when playing the replays back, that you could pick between the 2 camera angles.

Thanks.

Exeldro

@Bhaughin yes, have a replay source for each camera and set the same duration on all and give them all the same load hotkey. I use this plugin for sports streaming with 4 cameras simultaneously.

Telboon

Would it be possible to add an option that triggers a replay based on the existence of a file?

I have a piece of software that I would like to integrate that drops two files at different physical triggers. I'm hoping I can integrate that workflow into OBS. I can change the scene with it, but it doesn't load a new replay when it does it.

Telboon

@Exeldro I should clarify that I already have a lua script that checks for the existence of the file. It is currently setup to change the scene and I have been looking for ways to get the load replay function to fire. If there is a way to call it directly instead of changing the scene, that obviously works. If there's a way to get it to run automatically on scene change or something, that could work. I even went down the rabbit hole of simulating keypress to trigger it, but I don't think that's a possibility from lua.

Telboon

For those paying attention, I found a way to press a hotkey from within the lua script. It's now working as desired. Eventually, I'll find a way to make it configurable, but that's a project for another day.

Sorry to bother you with a useless request, @Exeldro.

jegadk

Last 2 icehockey games have no audio on the clip. Using version 1.6.8. The fix in 1.6.7, is it alså in the 1.6.8 ??

Telboon

@Telboon you can also set setting "execute_action" to "Load" in the replay source
@Exeldro Maybe I'm being real dense here, but I don't understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, my hotkey solution isn't working as reliably as I had hoped, so I'm looking at this again.

I don't see anything in the settings called execute_action, nor do I know how to set it in a lua script. Similarly, I do not see execut_action in the source properties. I do see that term in the github repo and it seems to be used for building the settings array.

My goal is to programmatically have the replay-source plugin create a new replay, which appears to be the Load command. I believe everything else I need is setup. Once the replay is created, it changes my scene as desired, then changes the scene back. I just don't know how to interact with the plugin from lua (to trigger the action) and I can't find any documentation or example script showing the process.

Exeldro

@Telboon execute_action is a hidden setting, as soon as the replay source detects that setting is set it will try and execute the action and clear the setting.
Something like this untested list can be used:
Lua:
data = obs.obs_data_create()
obs.obs_data_set_string(data,"execute_action","Load")
obs.obs_source_update(replay, data)
obs.obs_data_release(data)

Telboon

@Telboon execute_action is a hidden setting, as soon as the replay source detects that setting is set it will try and execute the action and clear the setting.
Something like this untested list can be used:
Lua:
data = obs.obs_data_create()
obs.obs_data_set_string(data,"execute_action","Load")
obs.obs_source_update(replay, data)
obs.obs_data_release(data)
Perfect, thank you. That makes perfect sense, and it is working much better than triggering a hotkey. I probably tried 40 different things and had this at one point, but I was adding the settings to the wrong object. Thanks again.

Pikaa

Hi!

I added the plugin to the software and I have a question for you on how to set the following: after pressing the F4 key, how could it not only play back 5ms, but more time before and after? There should be a little more time from repetition before and after pressing the F4 key. I don't know how understandable?