Bug Report OBS can't stream from my Hauppage PVR HD gaming edition!

Baklavah

I know you guys are busy... but I've just come across this forum and I'm dying to know whether or not there was any success with the OBS/Hauppauge combo yet?

Baklavah

Oh that's awesome! I've been sitting here twiddling my thumbs for months trying to figure out a way to stream gameplay from my consoles via my Hauppauge using OBS... your work does not go unnoticed, Jim! Keep up the good work :D

If you need someone to help test builds, I'm usually doing nothing around this time. It's... 5:20 PM here right now so I'm game if you'd ever need me. Used to be a game tester :P so I wish to offer assistance if I can.

getsuggested

i saw your post yesterday that you had it working i currently run a twitch stream so if you want i can test this build out. im super excited and definately wanting to directly use HD PVR 2 so i dont bog my ram and cpu down

-Brandon

Hecter

I have it working but it needs testing soon.

I have been visiting these forums and waiting so long to see you type that, I would be delighted to test this feature out for you, I was here on another account but I have forgotten the details.

RashbaNor

I'm willing to test the crap out of the 'hauppauge' build!
I was about to sell my HD PVR2 GE+ just as I stumbled upon this very topic. OBS is such a great piece of software and I felt the need to replace my hardware just so I could use it for console streaming. But if my PVR2 will be usable soon, that would be perfect. :)

DarpiestShezbot

lol Just came across this thread. Jim was actually replying to a thread I made yesterday regarding issues I've been having with OBS. I use a hauppauge HD PVR2 so this is all relevant to me as well.

Jim, if you do plan on having other people test hauppauge support in OBS then count me in as well! I'd be more than happy to help.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Here is the current situation: It's working in the multiplatform version. All the HD-PVRs are working. Even the roxio is working as well.

However, the program does not currently have two important features: webcam delay filter, and UI to set audio sync. Because of these things it will probably make it somewhat difficult to composite with your webcams and such, so right now that's what's missing.

TheShyAussie

Welll, technically there is. Using the newest version, I set up a new set of scenes, and used Webcam buffer times in Video Capture Device, and used Audio offset time in the settings. It is doable without premade offsets by doing it yourself, as long as you have the patience to figure out how long the delay is..

My experiences show the delay was about 2100ms on my setup.

I would love to be able to import the Happauge video, even if I have to go through all the fiddly stuff like setting up offset delays etc. manually. Will make it all worth it :)

Edit: I've been looking for ways to cast my consoles, but Xsplit make you pay for that these days, as I just found out..

Last edited:

RashbaNor

I'm not using webcams and I'm not commenting my streams so it's fine for me. Just let me test it, let me grab a working Hauppauge build. ;)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
TheShyAussie - I'm referring to the multiplatform version. It's the rewrite of OBS. It's still in development. It doesn't have the delay features that are required.