Bug Report OBS can't stream from my Hauppage PVR HD gaming edition!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: OB can't stream from my Hauppage PVR HD gaming edition!

Because it's a big feature (requires basically decoding the output via libavcodec), other stuff that comes up (mostly bug fixing) continually keeps taking priority.

ShamelessGamerz

Jim, you're Awesome! lol i've been searching for a damn fix for weeks. I even paid for Xsplit hoping it would work with the HDPVR2 but nothing... I would happily pay to use this software if I can get it to work.

Does anyone know of a tutorial video to use the HDPVR2 with OBS and sort the voice/game sound issue?

MarchWaltz

Thanks for the update Jim. Again, I have the PVR 1, but I am sure the 1 and 2 are similair in coding regards.

Let me know if you need me to test something!

@shameless right now the PVR series does not work with OBS, mr.jim here is figuring that out!

MarchWaltz

Still fending off those bugs mr jim?

Sorry if I am pestering, I know you're most likely doing this on your free time, I am just curious. Thanks for all the hard work.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

I am still quite busy, yea. I'm really sorry. There's like a bazillion people pulling me left and right about everything and I just have to keep putting things like this on the backburner. Not to mention I've been busy with non-OBS stuff lately as well.

I have been looking at some decoding stuff, however, but just haven't had time to dedicate to it.

AndehX said:
Seriously Jim. If you can get Hauppauge capture devices like the PVR 2 Gaming Edition, to work directly with OBS, you will have hit a milestone, because at this point in time, I don't think anyone that streams using a PVR, does so without having to use showbiz and screen capping the window, which as we know is a horrible clunky way of streaming.

I don't personally own a PVR (I think they're horrible devices, with their 5 second delays etc) but I have plenty of streaming friends who have one, and who would benefit GREATLY from being able to directly capture from within OBS.

Do it Jim, save all my friends from their streaming nightmares!

xsplit can capture it directly..but I like OBS more.. so I'm really hoping for it to be in some changelog someday.. :)

Since I know absolutely nothing about programming but: I suppose you can not get all the info from the xsplit client to get hauppauge to work with OBS and perhaps give it some tweaks here and there? :p

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

I have enough money to get one, and I will get it, but I probably still won't be able to work on it right away. I'm currently going to be moving soon so I haven't had enough time to focus on the app as much as I'd like

Voxletum

Jim said:
I have enough money to get one, and I will get it, but I probably still won't be able to work on it right away. I'm currently going to be moving soon so I haven't had enough time to focus on the app as much as I'd like
Are you moving to the international space station with all the money from 4/1/2013?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

I wish, it was only open for like 5 days, but truthfully I don't like using donations. I mean I know I make the application for free, but I'm not the only person who contributes to this application anymore so I feel uncomfortable and try to only get as much as I need to help out.

denpxc

Hi Jim and thanks for all your amazing work.

I have to +1 this thread for hauppauge products to work with OBS.

Hauppauge is starting to sponsor more and more players, I just received a hd pvr2 gaming edition plus and I'm very sad to learn that I won't be able to use OBS for a while. ;(

I wrote a guide in french for obs a while ago and received so many positive feedbacks that it's hard to use something else again.

I hope you get more time for this for all of us waiting for it :)

miomiomio

hi!
i'm just registered!
I interesting to streaming via hd prv 2 too!
i hope that your work go next!

Rick37

I don't know why people are saying it doesn't work. It does. However if you use window capture you have to disable aero otherwise it will show the PVR GUI but the video will be a black screen but disabling aero seems to cause screen tearing. Other option is to use monitor capture where you can have aero on or off but off also seems to cause screen tearing.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

I don't want you guys to have to use it through window capture, I really want to get it working if it can work with directshow and I cna decode the output, but it's still delayed until I can make time for it (though hopefully not going to pull a duke nukem forever)

xFizzyKizzyx

Hey Jim, I was wondering if you were able to get around to see if you could get the Hauppage PVR HD Gaming Edition (Does this include Hauppage PVR HD 2? because this is the one I am currently using) to work with OBS. Any kind of update would be good because I really want to be able to stream with it (Because Xsplit sucks :<).

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper

Jim ordered one, but last I heard, the package was marked as delivered but Jim couldn't find it anywhere.

xFizzyKizzyx

Ah I see, sorry to hear that :(

If possible could you update this thread if things progress? (Just that I keep an eye on this one for updates)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper

He got the HD PVR 2 now and will be taking a look at it, but don't expect anything soon yet.