Bug Report OBS can't stream from my Hauppage PVR HD gaming edition!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS as you know is being rewritten - as part of the rewrite, I am completely rewriting the device code. I will be using the hauppauge and roxio as my test cards for USB 2.0 support. It's still going to be time. In fact, I know I've said "months", months ago, but this will eventually get in. This is my fault in this case and I totally acknowledge it.

MarchWaltz

It's fine.

I actually switched from console gaming to PC now :)

I will continue to use the OBS if I ever stream, however.

I am sure this will help other people who console stream though.

ASGLjbreezy

Hey Jim. I signed up specifically to follow this thread. Love the software. Can't wait until it's compatible with the PVR 2. Keep up the good work my friend.

DraxxTaldoran

any updates on this topic yet?? Ive been talking to hauppauge through Facebook and they are getting there engineers looking into it just waiting on a response so maybe that ll help ya out.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The rewrite of OBS will have support for it. There's no hard ETA, but an initial alpha can be expected in the next few months.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This is my fault. Again, I fully admit it. I had to delay them for the rewrite. The directshow code in OBS1 is just too painful.

DraxxTaldoran

damn ok cuz im looking forward to obs being able to suppourt it so i can use it again. i use obs for pc gaming right now keep us intouch

Tidy

Not sure if anything has been written (coding wise) for the hdpvr2, but I've been meaning to mention this for a while.

A lot of people inc myself have used xSplit to directly use the HDPVR2 drivers.... but there is a bug even with those drivers.

The HDPVR2 works fine for a few minutes, then slowly de-syncs over time. For a 1 hour stream, its out of sync by about 2 minutes (more on some tests i did). To correct it the device needed to be disabled - then re-enabled.

I am not sure if this is informative at all, but something to look out for when it is supported - and if there is a way to always ensure it is "synced".

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thanks for pointing it out. I have one myself, so when I finally managed to get around to it I'll keep it in mind

ITOUTLAW

Really would love to be able to not screen cap with OBS and my Hauppage. Great program though. Let me know if you need someone to be a guinea pig for a test build or whatever (Sorry for being the 5000th person to say this)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I recently moved so it's currently being moved, but I'm probably going to start working on it as soon as I get it back.

LoXodonte

Jim, looking forward to HDPVR2 support! Will gladly endorse your software in our videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buchtis

Looking forward to the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 being supported in a future release. I hate using monitor capture to capture my footage (lots of tearing) and the other capture methods don't look/work as well as monitor capture.

StealthBlade98

Yea i'm also looking forward to a update for OBS, right now i'd like to get into streaming or even local streaming to just save my videos to my PC however hauppauge isn't supported right now. And considering the difficulty with the devs finding the time to get to that side project while dealing with updates to the program and personal matters, i'm wondering if i should bother getting an elgato to work with the program now or wait. :(

Buchtis

Would there be any possibility of an update on this? This thread has been around since December 2012... :(