Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.5

Roy777

@RatWithACompiler is there a way you could log the clean text to a file on the PC? Having this would be incredibly useful in conjunction with scripts. I was digging through the codebase and trying to figure out how I could add in an extra staticly named file output to match the OBS preview dock (like transcript_clean_output.txt) so the file contents match the preview dock window exactly. Is this something you could add easily?? I haven't written cpp in a long time and do not have the tools to properly build the DLL's even if I did figure out how to write to a file.
The keycodes are mixed up the normal insert, delete, end etc. keys are actually VC_KP_INSERT, VC_KP_DELETE etc.

Thank you very much for helping, I've been testing and even when using "Plain Text", there is no way to get the non-numpad "Insert, Home, Delete, End, PageUp, PageDown" buttons to show up.

The code for the the numpad buttons shows like this:
#define VC_KP_END 0xEE00 | VC_KP_1
#define VC_KP_DOWN 0xEE00 | VC_KP_2
#define VC_KP_PAGE_DOWN 0xEE00 | VC_KP_3
#define VC_KP_LEFT 0xEE00 | VC_KP_4
#define VC_KP_CLEAR 0xEE00 | VC_KP_5
#define VC_KP_RIGHT 0xEE00 | VC_KP_6
#define VC_KP_HOME 0xEE00 | VC_KP_7
#define VC_KP_UP 0xEE00 | VC_KP_8
#define VC_KP_PAGE_UP 0xEE00 | VC_KP_9
#define VC_KP_INSERT 0xEE00 | VC_KP_0
#define VC_KP_DELETE 0xEE00 | VC_KP_SEPARATOR
// End Numeric Zone

So I assume the code is always 0xEE00 probably because it's just some kind of a reference and that the NumLock key acts as a switch that when is off it refers the numpad keys to these set of codes:

// Begin Edit Key Zone
#define VC_INSERT 0x0E52
#define VC_DELETE 0x0E53
#define VC_HOME 0x0E47
#define VC_END 0x0E4F
#define VC_PAGE_UP 0x0E49
#define VC_PAGE_DOWN 0x0E51
// End Edit Key Zone

I've researched and tested and it seems like these are the only codes that exists for these buttons in both cases- numpad and non-numpad.
They do work being used in the numpad with the NumLock key off, but not by themselves using the non-numpad keys.
So I'm not sure the codes are confused, but I am :) and still wonder what's happening since they are defined in the file.

Any idea what's wrong with it? Sorry to bother you with it and thank you so much for helping again. :)

univrsal

Thank you very much for helping, I've been testing and even when using "Plain Text", there is no way to get the non-numpad "Insert, Home, Delete, End, PageUp, PageDown" buttons to show up.

The code for the the numpad buttons shows like this:
#define VC_KP_END 0xEE00 | VC_KP_1
#define VC_KP_DOWN 0xEE00 | VC_KP_2
#define VC_KP_PAGE_DOWN 0xEE00 | VC_KP_3
#define VC_KP_LEFT 0xEE00 | VC_KP_4
#define VC_KP_CLEAR 0xEE00 | VC_KP_5
#define VC_KP_RIGHT 0xEE00 | VC_KP_6
#define VC_KP_HOME 0xEE00 | VC_KP_7
#define VC_KP_UP 0xEE00 | VC_KP_8
#define VC_KP_PAGE_UP 0xEE00 | VC_KP_9
#define VC_KP_INSERT 0xEE00 | VC_KP_0
#define VC_KP_DELETE 0xEE00 | VC_KP_SEPARATOR
// End Numeric Zone

So I assume the code is always 0xEE00 probably because it's just some kind of a reference and that the NumLock key acts as a switch that when is off it refers the numpad keys to these set of codes:

// Begin Edit Key Zone
#define VC_INSERT 0x0E52
#define VC_DELETE 0x0E53
#define VC_HOME 0x0E47
#define VC_END 0x0E4F
#define VC_PAGE_UP 0x0E49
#define VC_PAGE_DOWN 0x0E51
// End Edit Key Zone

I've researched and tested and it seems like these are the only codes that exists for these buttons in both cases- numpad and non-numpad.
They do work being used in the numpad with the NumLock key off, but not by themselves using the non-numpad keys.
So I'm not sure the codes are confused, but I am :) and still wonder what's happening since they are defined in the file.

Any idea what's wrong with it? Sorry to bother you with it and thank you so much for helping again. :)
The keys should work. 0xEE00 | VC_KP_1 just means take 0xEE and add whatever is in VC_KP_1, so in this case 0x004F which will result in 0xEE4F

Roy777

The keys should work. 0xEE00 | VC_KP_1 just means take 0xEE and add whatever is in VC_KP_1, so in this case 0x004F which will result in 0xEE4F

OH... I see now.. they don't work for me in OBS 25.0.8 64bit, I've also tried using windows on-screen keyboard which shows all keys but those 6. If you could try it yourself I'll appreciate it. Thank you so much again.

Roy777

Hi :) I've been testing a lot and installed all versions of your plug-in, one by one since version 4 when you've switched to libuiohook.

It seems like version 4 is the only one that does show those 6 keys on screen but it only shows the hex codes and not the key names.
after this version, no other version shows those keys anymore, and I've tested on two computers.

I'd be more than grateful if you could fix it. your tool is the best one I've found for this job. Thanks a lot again :)

craftm

Is there a way to change the layer priority of mouse overlay?
Looks like the base is always in the front of all buttons, how can I make it render behind everything?

univrsal

Is there a way to change the layer priority of mouse overlay?
Looks like the base is always in the front of all buttons, how can I make it render behind everything?
No, there's no way to do that currently. Your best bet is to make the base a separate image source.

craftm

Another question, I didn't see this issue in the github page so let me ask here, maybe its a common problem:
- Sometimes the key stays in the 'pressed' state until you click again.

Is there a way to fix it?

craftm

Another question, I didn't see this issue in the github page so let me ask here, maybe its a common problem:
- Sometimes the key stays in the 'pressed' state until you click again.

Is there a way to fix it?
Sorry for double posting, but looks like there is no option to edit my previous post.
I just want to clarify that what stay 'pressed' is the visual of the key in the layout on OBS studio and not really in-game.

univrsal

Sorry for double posting, but looks like there is no option to edit my previous post.
I just want to clarify that what stay 'pressed' is the visual of the key in the layout on OBS studio and not really in-game.
1589585137800.png

Are you using the latest release? What overlay are you using? The scroll wheel has that issue, but I haven't seen it with any other buttons

craftm

View attachment 56123
Are you using the latest release? What overlay are you using? The scroll wheel has that issue, but I haven't seen it with any other buttons
There is only the 'report' button there, no edit button for some reason.

I'm using the latest version and I'm using my own overlay. I'll share here the config and a clip showing the problem:
- Clip, the X button stayed there for around 20 minutes (until I pressed X again): https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyPlacidFlamingoBudStar
- My config: https://pastebin.com/F3p1fa9d
- Overlay img (its a printscreen, the background is actually transparent):
1589775567783.png

Its seems that sometimes the "Down" function (click) is registered but the "Up" function (release) is not. The way I'm doing for now is using autohotkey software with a script the release the keys I have in my layout with a macro key.
sendInput (key up) // release the specified key

univrsal

There is only the 'report' button there, no edit button for some reason.

I'm using the latest version and I'm using my own overlay. I'll share here the config and a clip showing the problem:
- Clip, the X button stayed there for around 20 minutes (until I pressed X again): https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyPlacidFlamingoBudStar
- My config: https://pastebin.com/F3p1fa9d
- Overlay img (its a printscreen, the background is actually transparent):
View attachment 56249

Its seems that sometimes the "Down" function (click) is registered but the "Up" function (release) is not. The way I'm doing for now is using autohotkey software with a script the release the keys I have in my layout with a macro key.
sendInput (key up) // release the specified key
Does it happen frequently? It might be that input events sometimes get lost. Either because the plugin isn't processing them quickly enough or because the input library doesn't even receive them.

craftm

Does it happen frequently? It might be that input events sometimes get lost. Either because the plugin isn't processing them quickly enough or because the input library doesn't even receive them.
Not very frequently. Based on my testing, I can manually reproduce this in the pause/menu interface of the game, maybe because Sekiro pauses the entire game then I lose inputs? I don't think is a streaming problem because I can reproduce offstream too.

Well IDK, but looks like it doesn't happen with other games, maybe is something related to how sekiro manage inputs, maybe is overriding registered keys in some way. If it happens again with other games, I'll report back.

Yamaoreo

Hi are you able to make a numpad overlay? Also having esc, tab and backspace?

Attachments

• 1590379615957.png
    1590379615957.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 52

Skyrau

Here's a zqsd (azerty) layout (extended, minimal and another minimal with numeric squares), see 3 images for preview (they are included in the zip). Actual files are in the zip, feel free to use them, HF.

PS: i didn't check every pages, so someone might have posted one already, idk.

Attachments

• zqsd.zip
    452.5 KB · Views: 121
  • zqsd-extended-numeric-square-preview.png
    zqsd-extended-numeric-square-preview.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 123
  • zqsd-minimal-numeric-preview.png
    zqsd-minimal-numeric-preview.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 101
  • zqsd-minimal-preview.png
    zqsd-minimal-preview.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 87

xPhoe9

Hey, thanks for this amazing plugin. It works fine...till i click in the game window. If i click every other area of the screen but the game, it works! Any fix? Thanks a lot

HaploZyorhist

i love this overlay, but i'm struggling to figure out how to change the side buttons trigger. Mine are hotkey'd to [ and ] instead of their usual assignments and the overlay doesn't show them being pressed. i was also wondering if there was some way to do a number pad (i'm using the razer naga mouse and it has a 12 digit side that i'd like to display)

dragon-do64

Hello,
First sorry for my bad english...
Thank's a lot for this good job. I attach a zip file with a azerty keyboard preset (i use qwerty keyboard presets). Only the lesser greater key don't work, i think is probaly because the key is not registering in uiohook.h and i don't know how to do.

preview_01.JPG

Attachments

• azerty.zip
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 162