Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

dragon-do64

Hello,
First sorry for my bad english...
Thank's a lot for this good job. I attach a zip file with a azerty keyboard preset (i use qwerty keyboard presets). Only the lesser greater key don't work, i think is probaly because the key is not registering in uiohook.h and i don't know how to do.

preview_01.JPG

Attachments

• azerty.zip
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 162

Gregory Hartley

First of all, I just want to thank you for this little yet amazing plug in... I just wanted to ask if anyone has the WASD.psd file so I can customise the colours. I have the Mouse.psd and would love to have them both matching. Thanks

Mehtevas

Hi, I am just wondering why the input overlay is not working when I am in the game. The keys and mouse clicks are not showing up but when I am outside the game it is working. what am I missing here? thanks in advanced

vin97

Is it possible to get the gamepad overlay to show the actual analog trigger inputs instead of being on/off?
If not, are there other (fully offline) plugins capable of doing this?

Julio99

Hey,

I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of support for this plug-in -- it is AWESOME. But of course, I'm also posting because I'm having a couple of issues I'm trying to resolve and googling so far hasn't helped :(

I'm using OBS to create some tutorials for various graphics applications (Maya, etc.) and they rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts/mouse clicks/etc. and I've found input history (buttons) to be the best option in conjunction with the input-overlay mouse.

So, the issues I'm having are :
-- I'm wanting to remove the Input History (minimal) mouse click icons from the config and texture file, I've been able to successfully remove them from the texture file but not from the config. This means the input-history (minimal) mouse icons don't appear but it still pushes the other buttons and leaves "Gaps" where the mouse would usually show up. I've deselected "Include Mouse" in the properties window. I tried to find what hex codes the mouse was listed as in the config but didn't have any joy :(, I was wondering if anyone could help ?

-- Using the Input overlay mouse config, is it possible to set a longer max duration for a mouse click? Currently clicking and holding the button stays active for about two seconds and then it automatically deactivates the click. Sometimes you'll be click dragging around a scene for 10s+ and I was wondering if there was a way to tell the overlay to stay visible.

-- Finally, at some point I was thinking of creating a Wacom tablet input using the mouse as a base - I saw a tutorial for adjusting the keyboard set up, is there anything that walks through creating a custom shape / layout for inputs other than the keyboard ?

Attachments

• minimal-history-Modified.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 102

Julio99

-- Using the Input overlay mouse config, is it possible to set a longer max duration for a mouse click? Currently clicking and holding the button stays active for about two seconds and then it automatically deactivates the click. Sometimes you'll be click dragging around a scene for 10s+ and I was wondering if there was a way to tell the overlay to stay visible.

Looks like I can't edit my posts at the moment -- I just wanted to add I'm having a similar 'time out' issue with Input History. If you hold down several modifier keys for more than a few seconds, Input History will reset the inputs and display a single key (I'm guessing the last one pushed in the multi-key combination) while you're still holding the keys down. I had a quick play around with the update and auto clear intervals but it seems to persist. Is there a work around for this at all ?

univrsal

Since I didn't receive any notifications for this thread for the past months I'll just respond to some messages now, even if it is quite late.
No fix for this on Mac? :(
No there's no macOS version
Hi, I am just wondering why the input overlay is not working when I am in the game. The keys and mouse clicks are not showing up but when I am outside the game it is working. what am I missing here? thanks in advanced
Please read the plugin page, specifically the part which says "Why does Input Overlay not detect input in some cases?"
Is it possible to get the gamepad overlay to show the actual analog trigger inputs instead of being on/off?
If not, are there other (fully offline) plugins capable of doing this?
It's not currently possible, but there's gamepad viewer and some other tools which offer this option.
Hey,

I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of support for this plug-in -- it is AWESOME. But of course, I'm also posting because I'm having a couple of issues I'm trying to resolve and googling so far hasn't helped :(

I'm using OBS to create some tutorials for various graphics applications (Maya, etc.) and they rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts/mouse clicks/etc. and I've found input history (buttons) to be the best option in conjunction with the input-overlay mouse.

So, the issues I'm having are :
-- I'm wanting to remove the Input History (minimal) mouse click icons from the config and texture file, I've been able to successfully remove them from the texture file but not from the config. This means the input-history (minimal) mouse icons don't appear but it still pushes the other buttons and leaves "Gaps" where the mouse would usually show up. I've deselected "Include Mouse" in the properties window. I tried to find what hex codes the mouse was listed as in the config but didn't have any joy :(, I was wondering if anyone could help ?

-- Finally, at some point I was thinking of creating a Wacom tablet input using the mouse as a base - I saw a tutorial for adjusting the keyboard set up, is there anything that walks through creating a custom shape / layout for inputs other than the keyboard ?

For the icons you'll have to remove them both completely from the png (not just making them transparent) and then also remove them from the config in the list of keys.
The mouse button duration cannot currently be changed. I also haven't made a tutorial for mouse or gamepad layouts, but if you take a look at the provided presets you should be able to figure out how the system works.
Does this work for streamlabs obs at all? if so.... how do i install it. looks super cool
No, streamlabs obs doesn't support plugins.

evilengine

So I have a very odd situation here, and was hoping you could help me out.

TLDR: Is there a way to write up a config file to search for individual buttons, so that I can make LB and RB different shapes? Context below.

Basically, I want to use the plugin to display N64 buttons, even though I'm using an Xinput controller (which is actually my Switch Pro controller but that doesn't really matter. I have it set up to be Xinput.) Specifically, I'm setting it up for Mario 64, but I play with a rather odd button layout. I have LB bound to Z, RB to A, and RT to B, so what I want to do is tell it to display Z as pressed when I hit LB, A when I hit RB, and B when I hit RT. I'm in the process of creating a texture and accompanying config file, but the way it finds the textures seems to prevent what I'm attempting

To my understanding, the config lumps LB and RT together when looking for the textures, so I give it the coordinates of LB, which it will find first, then it will automatically search for a similar button, and find RT. This means that I cannot, to my knowledge, type up the config file such that Z is displayed when LB is hit, and A is displayed when RB is hit because if I tell it where the Z texture is for LB, it will automatically look for a Z shaped button for RB, and won't find one because I want RB to be A.

So what I'm hoping you can tell me is if it's possible to perhaps make the config go by individual buttons instead of groups, or maybe some other way to achieve this.