Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

kaine_ai

It seems the "input history" does not work with key icons. I am using input-overlay v4.8b with OBS 25.0.4 (x64) in ubuntu 18.04
does anyoune have a clue about how to fix that issue? :3

Xanoth

Reinstalled 3 times now.
It shows up in OBS, it looks fine, but it detects no input.
I've tried making new scenes, in-game or not.
No matter what neither the mouse or the keyboard ever update for any keypress.
I even tested the full qwerty layout, to see if it would at least pick up a single keypress... nothing

ran the debug tools and it detected mouse movement and clicks fine.

Xanoth

I took the obvious solution and just turned it off and on again, changing nothing else, it now works fine.

Fab2B

Hi ! Just a message for few things.
First, I've made an azerty minimal preset & overlay.
I've made it by reworking the original layout and turned it into a GIMP compatible layout.
I've also translate in French for locale langage.
Resources HERE

Second, actually the Linux Installations instructions are inaccurate for Debian.
Instructions updated below.

For All Users :
  1. Dowload the latest binaries release .zip from https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/releases.
  2. Create a folder input-overlay in /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins *need root privileges
  3. In the release folder, from data copy the folder locale in the directory you created ( /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/input-overlay ) *need root privileges
  4. Copy the file input-overlay.so in bin/64bit from release folder into /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins *need root privileges
  5. Install libuiohook by compiling it from https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook
For local User :
  1. Dowload the latest binaries release .zip from https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/releases.
  2. Create a folder input-overlay in /home/your_username/.config/obs-studio/plugins.
  3. Copy folders bin and data from plugins in the release folder into the new directory created (/home/your_username/.config/obs-studio/plugins/input-overlay)
  4. Install libuiohook by compiling it from https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook

On Debian, for compiling libuiohook from https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook, you need thoses following dependencies not mentionned in the prerequisites :
  • libx11-dev
  • libxtst-dev
  • libxt-dev
  • libxinerama-dev
  • libx11-xcb-dev
  • libxkbcommon-dev
  • libxkbcommon-x11-dev
  • libxkbfile-dev
So, in a terminal
Bash:
sudo apt install libx11-dev libxtst-dev libxt-dev libxinerama-dev libx11-xcb-dev libxkbcommon-dev libxkbcommon-x11-dev libxkbfile-dev

Then you can compile :
Bash:
git clone https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook
cd libuiohook
./bootstrap.sh
./configure
sudo make && make install

That's all, enjoy !

Last edited:

Roy777

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to use InputHistory with a full keyboard including the numpad.

You already have the qwerty preset and the qwerty.ini file, but it seems like it doesn't work for it right? if it doesn't, is there a full keyboard preset around that is known to work?

Am I missing something? Thank you.

univrsal

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to use InputHistory with a full keyboard including the numpad.

You already have the qwerty preset and the qwerty.ini file, but it seems like it doesn't work for it right? if it doesn't, is there a full keyboard preset around that is known to work?

Am I missing something? Thank you.
Input history just displays text by default so it should support almost all keys, if you mean the input icons, someone made a preset which contains most keys. It should be somewhere in this thread.

Fab2B

Hi, i wrote a message before but it seems to be stuck with a "moderator approval" so it's still invisible, what's wrong ? Is that because i edit it maybe too often ?

Roy777

Input history just displays text by default so it should support almost all keys, if you mean the input icons, someone made a preset which contains most keys. It should be somewhere in this thread.

Thank you, I assume your'e talking about @Dedpawl who created "qwerty_full" and shared it in his post.

It looks great but it doesn't work for me at all. I've set the correct spacing (5px) in the Input History extension but it doesn't show anything for me. It does show simple text. I think it's important to have for many. I'll be grateful if you could take a look. Thanks again.

univrsal

Thank you, I assume your'e talking about @Dedpawl who created "qwerty_full" and shared it in his post.

It looks great but it doesn't work for me at all. I've set the correct spacing (5px) in the Input History extension but it doesn't show anything for me. It does show simple text. I think it's important to have for many. I'll be grateful if you could take a look. Thanks again.
Nah that's not the one I mean, there was one for input history which had key icons for almost all keys I think

Roy777

Nah that's not the one I mean, there was one for input history which had key icons for almost all keys I think

Thank you, isn't it the one? isn't it suppose to work with this layout and this ini file (converted it to txt to be able to upload here)? Thanks!

Attachments

• qwerty_full_black.png
    qwerty_full_black.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 182
  • qwerty_full (ini file).txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 123

univrsal

Thank you, isn't it the one? isn't it suppose to work with this layout and this ini file (converted it to txt to be able to upload here)? Thanks!
No that's not it either. It was sent to me maybe it was never posted in this thread. It was made by Luís Cherubini quite a while ago, I adjusted it to the new format, but haven't tested it so no guarantee....

Attachments

• minimal_history.zip
    647.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Roy777

No that's not it either. It was sent to me maybe it was never posted in this thread. It was made by Luís Cherubini quite a while ago, I adjusted it to the new format, but haven't tested it so no guarantee....

Thank you so much! it works great :) just one thing, I'm trying to edit it to add support for all other keys and most keys do work, the numpad keys, add, subtract etc', even numlock and printscreen etc', but the only ones that don't are these:

#define VC_INSERT 0x0E52
#define VC_DELETE 0x0E53
#define VC_HOME 0x0E47
#define VC_END 0x0E4F
#define VC_PAGE_UP 0x0E49
#define VC_PAGE_DOWN 0x0E51

Any idea why? I don't have these codes as duplicates in the ini file and as a test, other key codes do work for the same texture I'm testing with, Thank you so much again!