Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

SkyOps

Looks and works great! any pointer on how to make a custom layout with a texture? like what to use to program it?
THX! I simply edited the texture with paint .net dont need photoshop and notepadd++ for editing the code. Normal notepad works but its not as pretty as notepad++ with text color. For understanding the code check out his youtube tutorial and description in the code.

Valazdin

I have the number pad done, but its only displaying the last column for some reason. Can someone look at this ini and let me know how I messed it up?

Attachments

• numpad.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 53

univrsal

I have the number pad done, but its only displaying the last column for some reason. Can someone look at this ini and let me know how I messed it up?
Try adding an empty line at the end of the file, the config loader seems to have an issue with that

Mozetronick

I can told you something better .. I dont know why but .. now it works .. why? idk .. but works .. thanks for your answer and I was using the last stable release .. 4.7.4b?

Seems the problems comes with the order I open the programs .. if I launch Restream Chat before OBS the Input Ovelay doesn't work ^_^

Used programs:
OBS Studio 24.0.3 (64bit)
Input Overlay v4.8b
Restream Chat 2.5.4-beta
Streamlabs Chatbot 1.0.2.61
NohBoard v1.0.1
Punto Switcher 4.4.2
Makross 1.000

Conflict uiohook.dll from Restream Chat
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\electron-v70-win32-ia32\build\Release\uiohook.dll
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\electron-v70-win32-x64\build\Release\uiohook.dll
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\node-v64-win32-ia32\build\Release\uiohook.dll
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\node-v64-win32-x64\build\Release\uiohook.dll
with uiohook.dll from Input Overlay
obs-plugins\32bit\uiohook.dll
obs-plugins\64bit\uiohook.dll

I am writing to the developer, referring to your message, that it seems like I've been experiencing problems with more than half a year
Restream Chat is precisely because of your plugin, tied to the use of uiohook.dll. After installing the plugin, my OBS and Restream Chat (no matter in what order to start) also began to lag open. At the same time, the mouse experienced a terrible throttl up to half a minute when opening the program windows). The same error indirectly (it works after OBS with the plugin as soon as you restart the program) applies to NohBoard (does not handle pressing), Punto Switcher (does not switch the brake layout), but the main error is that launching your plugin, even while waiting, kills the ability to transfer hotkeys to most applications (it does not work until you turn off the OBS or remove uiohook.dll from your plugin). Because of this, for example, Restream Chat no longer has shortcuts Above other windows, Through-click mode "(this is visible even when buttons do not respond to attempts to change a button for it), Above main windows, Reload window. In Streamlabs Chatbot also does not respond to pressing hotkeys for auto-calling built-in macros. Surprisingly, other programs that I use with ready-made hotkeys (CLCL, Makross NET) have their own libraries (hooks of the same name) or button capture options (their own subroutine), which confl ktuyut among themselves as well as your plugin.
On my own, I can add that you can try to rename the equally-called library uiohook.dll or change the course of its work so that it does not conflict with parallel identical tasks. Unfortunately, as I understand it, your plugin in input-overlay.dll only refers to uiohook.dll, which is why the name option uiohook2.dll no longer starts the input overlay with missing parameters. Among other things, I even tried to replace the concepts of this library in the Java script with the Restream Chat shell, but after searching for all the modules and objects that link to it, the program first lost the ability to process keystrokes in a similar way, and then functions and modules fell off when validating the application there was no launch (here I pass).
I hope this information seems useful to someone when developing programs related to global keys and resolving their conflicts with each other. Thank you for understanding.

Пишу разработчику, ссылаясь на ваше сообщение, что похоже уже как больше полу года испытываю проблемы с
Restream Chat именно из-за вашего плагина, завязанного на использовании uiohook.dll. После установки плагина мой OBS и Restream Chat (без разницы в каком порядке запускать) также стал лаганно открываться. При этом мышь испытывала жуткий троттл до полминуты при открытии окон программ). Эта же ошибка косвенно (работает после OBS с плагином как только перезапустишь программу) относится к NohBoard (не обрабатывает нажатия), Punto Switcher (не переключает brake раскладку), но главная ошибка в том, что запуск вашего плагина, пускай даже в ожидании, убивает возможность передать горячие клавиши большинству приложений (не работает пока не выключишь ОБС или не удалишь uiohook.dll из вашего плагина). Из-за этого, например, у Restream Chat отпадают шорткаты Поверх остальных окон, Режим сквозного клика" (это видно даже когда кнопки не реагируют на попытки изменить кнопку для него), Поверх основных окон, Перезагрузить окно. В Streamlabs Chatbot также не реагирует на нажатия хоткеев для автовызова встроенных макросов. На удивление другие программы, которые я использую с уже готовыми горячими клавишами (CLCL, Makross NET) имеют собственные библиотеки (одноимённые хуки) или варианты захвата кнопок (их собственная подпрограмма), в следствии чего не конфликтуют между собой а также вашим плагином.
От себя же могу добавить, что можно попробовать переименовать одинаково называемую библиотеку uiohook.dll или изменить ход её работы, чтобы та не конфликтовала с параллельными одинаковыми задачами. К сожалению, как я понял, ваш плагин в input-overlay.dll ссылается только на uiohook.dll, из-за чего вариант названия uiohook2.dll уже не запускает входной оверлей по отсутствующим параметрам. Помимо прочего я даже попытался подменить понятия этой библиотеке в Джава скрипт оболочке Restream Chat, но после поиска всех модулей и объектов, ссылающихся на неё программа сначала похожим образом лишилась возможности обрабатывать нажатия клавиш, а потом и вовсе отвалились функции и модули при валидации приложения от чего запуска не последовало (тут я пас).
Надеюсь эта информация покажется кому-то полезной при разработке программ, связанных с глобальными клавишами и решения их конфликтов друг с другом. Спасибо за понимание.

univrsal

Used programs:
OBS Studio 24.0.3 (64bit)
Input Overlay v4.8b
Restream Chat 2.5.4-beta
Streamlabs Chatbot 1.0.2.61
NohBoard v1.0.1
Punto Switcher 4.4.2
Makross 1.000

Conflict uiohook.dll from Restream Chat
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\electron-v70-win32-ia32\build\Release\uiohook.dll
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\electron-v70-win32-x64\build\Release\uiohook.dll
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\node-v64-win32-ia32\build\Release\uiohook.dll
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\restream-chat\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\iohook\builds\node-v64-win32-x64\build\Release\uiohook.dll
with uiohook.dll from Input Overlay
obs-plugins\32bit\uiohook.dll
obs-plugins\64bit\uiohook.dll

I am writing to the developer, referring to your message, that it seems like I've been experiencing problems with more than half a year
Restream Chat is precisely because of your plugin, tied to the use of uiohook.dll. After installing the plugin, my OBS and Restream Chat (no matter in what order to start) also began to lag open. At the same time, the mouse experienced a terrible throttl up to half a minute when opening the program windows). The same error indirectly (it works after OBS with the plugin as soon as you restart the program) applies to NohBoard (does not handle pressing), Punto Switcher (does not switch the brake layout), but the main error is that launching your plugin, even while waiting, kills the ability to transfer hotkeys to most applications (it does not work until you turn off the OBS or remove uiohook.dll from your plugin). Because of this, for example, Restream Chat no longer has shortcuts Above other windows, Through-click mode "(this is visible even when buttons do not respond to attempts to change a button for it), Above main windows, Reload window. In Streamlabs Chatbot also does not respond to pressing hotkeys for auto-calling built-in macros. Surprisingly, other programs that I use with ready-made hotkeys (CLCL, Makross NET) have their own libraries (hooks of the same name) or button capture options (their own subroutine), which confl ktuyut among themselves as well as your plugin.
On my own, I can add that you can try to rename the equally-called library uiohook.dll or change the course of its work so that it does not conflict with parallel identical tasks. Unfortunately, as I understand it, your plugin in input-overlay.dll only refers to uiohook.dll, which is why the name option uiohook2.dll no longer starts the input overlay with missing parameters. Among other things, I even tried to replace the concepts of this library in the Java script with the Restream Chat shell, but after searching for all the modules and objects that link to it, the program first lost the ability to process keystrokes in a similar way, and then functions and modules fell off when validating the application there was no launch (here I pass).
I hope this information seems useful to someone when developing programs related to global keys and resolving their conflicts with each other. Thank you for understanding.

Пишу разработчику, ссылаясь на ваше сообщение, что похоже уже как больше полу года испытываю проблемы с
Restream Chat именно из-за вашего плагина, завязанного на использовании uiohook.dll. После установки плагина мой OBS и Restream Chat (без разницы в каком порядке запускать) также стал лаганно открываться. При этом мышь испытывала жуткий троттл до полминуты при открытии окон программ). Эта же ошибка косвенно (работает после OBS с плагином как только перезапустишь программу) относится к NohBoard (не обрабатывает нажатия), Punto Switcher (не переключает brake раскладку), но главная ошибка в том, что запуск вашего плагина, пускай даже в ожидании, убивает возможность передать горячие клавиши большинству приложений (не работает пока не выключишь ОБС или не удалишь uiohook.dll из вашего плагина). Из-за этого, например, у Restream Chat отпадают шорткаты Поверх остальных окон, Режим сквозного клика" (это видно даже когда кнопки не реагируют на попытки изменить кнопку для него), Поверх основных окон, Перезагрузить окно. В Streamlabs Chatbot также не реагирует на нажатия хоткеев для автовызова встроенных макросов. На удивление другие программы, которые я использую с уже готовыми горячими клавишами (CLCL, Makross NET) имеют собственные библиотеки (одноимённые хуки) или варианты захвата кнопок (их собственная подпрограмма), в следствии чего не конфликтуют между собой а также вашим плагином.
От себя же могу добавить, что можно попробовать переименовать одинаково называемую библиотеку uiohook.dll или изменить ход её работы, чтобы та не конфликтовала с параллельными одинаковыми задачами. К сожалению, как я понял, ваш плагин в input-overlay.dll ссылается только на uiohook.dll, из-за чего вариант названия uiohook2.dll уже не запускает входной оверлей по отсутствующим параметрам. Помимо прочего я даже попытался подменить понятия этой библиотеке в Джава скрипт оболочке Restream Chat, но после поиска всех модулей и объектов, ссылающихся на неё программа сначала похожим образом лишилась возможности обрабатывать нажатия клавиш, а потом и вовсе отвалились функции и модули при валидации приложения от чего запуска не последовало (тут я пас).
Надеюсь эта информация покажется кому-то полезной при разработке программ, связанных с глобальными клавишами и решения их конфликтов друг с другом. Спасибо за понимание.
I don't know if I got what your issue is, but you can try recompiling uiohook and input-overlay to circumvent this, but I'm not really sure if there's any way to fix this problem.

Mozetronick

I don't know if I got what your issue is, but you can try recompiling uiohook and input-overlay to circumvent this, but I'm not really sure if there's any way to fix this problem.

In my post, I answered everything as it is "from and to":
Restream Chat latest version - сlick through mode and key combinations suffer;
Streamlabs Chatbot latest version - macro calls with keyboard shortcuts do not work;
NohBoard - pressed keys are not detected;
Punto Switcher - the layout of words is not changed by pressing the PauseBrake key.

If I continue to use the plugin, the list may be updated. And all of the above happens when using your latest version of OBS plugin.
The plugin that shows the pressed keys does not allow you to accept these keys in those programs where these keys are used.
Ponder this sentence again. The plugin should duplicate the pressed keys on the screen, and not intercept them all on itself. Imagine if there was a game or a gamepad control that works in a similar way. For more than six months, I mistakenly believed three times that the error was on the side of the programs used and demolished them even on a new user with a registry cleaner and other removal tools, not your plugin.
After that, you ask me to recompile your program yourself? All I could do was rename the library, find that the links weren’t forwarded to it, use Everything to find the links to that particular library that I renamed, rename them there, in response to all these actions, get the broken link for the broken key combinations, and then application launch error. I have never done recompilation. It is more clear to me how to understand Python, Delphi, PHP, C #, C ++ or other simple BASIC scripts interpreted line by line, than to find fragments of matching text in .dll files without the hope that this will work correctly. You have been doing it since the end of the summer of 2017, who better than you know your program and its incompatibility with others. I just pointed out exactly what the error is and asked for help. No, thanks.

В своём посте я ответил всё как есть "от и до":
Restream Chat последней версии - страдает режим сквозного клика и комбинации клавиш;
Streamlabs Chatbot последней версии - не работают вызовы макросов комбинациями клавиш;
NohBoard - не определяются нажатые клавиши;
Punto Switcher - не изменяется раскладка слов по нажатию PauseBrake клавиши.

Если я продолжу пользоваться плагином, список может пополняться. И всё это вышеперечисленное происходит при использовании вашего плагина в OBS последней версии.
Плагин, который показывает нажатые клавиши, не даёт принять эти клавиши в те программы, где эти клавиши используются.
Вдумайтесь в это предложение ещё раз. Плагин должен дублировать нажатые клавиши на экран, а не перехватывать их всех на себя. Представьте если бы нашлась игра или управление геймпадом, работающее подобным способом. Больше полугода я трижды ошибочно верил, что ошибка стоит на стороне используемых программ и сносил их подчистую даже на новом пользователе с очисткой реестра и прочими средствами по удалению, а не вашем плагине.
После этого вы просите меня перекомпилировать вашу программу самостоятельно? Всё что я мог сделать, это переименовать библиотеку, обнаружить что связи не перешли к нему, воспользоваться Everything для поиска ссылок именно на ту библиотеку, что я переименовал, переименовать их там, в ответ на все эти действия получить поломанную связь неработающих комбинаций клавиш, а затем и ошибку запуска приложения. я никогда не занимался рекомпилированием. Мне больше понятно как разобраться в Python, Delphi, PHP, C#, С++ или других простых интерпретируемых построчно, как BASIC скриптах, чем найти отрывки совпадающего текста в .dll файлах без надежды что это заработает корректно. Вы в нём с конца лета 2017 года занимаетесь, кому как ни вам лучше знать свою программу и её несовместимости с другими. Я лишь указал в чём конкретно происходит ошибка и обратился за помощью. Спасибо, не надо.

univrsal

In my post, I answered everything as it is "from and to":
Restream Chat latest version - сlick through mode and key combinations suffer;
Streamlabs Chatbot latest version - macro calls with keyboard shortcuts do not work;
NohBoard - pressed keys are not detected;
Punto Switcher - the layout of words is not changed by pressing the PauseBrake key.

If I continue to use the plugin, the list may be updated. And all of the above happens when using your latest version of OBS plugin.
The plugin that shows the pressed keys does not allow you to accept these keys in those programs where these keys are used.
Ponder this sentence again. The plugin should duplicate the pressed keys on the screen, and not intercept them all on itself. Imagine if there was a game or a gamepad control that works in a similar way. For more than six months, I mistakenly believed three times that the error was on the side of the programs used and demolished them even on a new user with a registry cleaner and other removal tools, not your plugin.
After that, you ask me to recompile your program yourself? All I could do was rename the library, find that the links weren’t forwarded to it, use Everything to find the links to that particular library that I renamed, rename them there, in response to all these actions, get the broken link for the broken key combinations, and then application launch error. I have never done recompilation. It is more clear to me how to understand Python, Delphi, PHP, C #, C ++ or other simple BASIC scripts interpreted line by line, than to find fragments of matching text in .dll files without the hope that this will work correctly. You have been doing it since the end of the summer of 2017, who better than you know your program and its incompatibility with others. I just pointed out exactly what the error is and asked for help. No, thanks.

В своём посте я ответил всё как есть "от и до":
Restream Chat последней версии - страдает режим сквозного клика и комбинации клавиш;
Streamlabs Chatbot последней версии - не работают вызовы макросов комбинациями клавиш;
NohBoard - не определяются нажатые клавиши;
Punto Switcher - не изменяется раскладка слов по нажатию PauseBrake клавиши.

Если я продолжу пользоваться плагином, список может пополняться. И всё это вышеперечисленное происходит при использовании вашего плагина в OBS последней версии.
Плагин, который показывает нажатые клавиши, не даёт принять эти клавиши в те программы, где эти клавиши используются.
Вдумайтесь в это предложение ещё раз. Плагин должен дублировать нажатые клавиши на экран, а не перехватывать их всех на себя. Представьте если бы нашлась игра или управление геймпадом, работающее подобным способом. Больше полугода я трижды ошибочно верил, что ошибка стоит на стороне используемых программ и сносил их подчистую даже на новом пользователе с очисткой реестра и прочими средствами по удалению, а не вашем плагине.
После этого вы просите меня перекомпилировать вашу программу самостоятельно? Всё что я мог сделать, это переименовать библиотеку, обнаружить что связи не перешли к нему, воспользоваться Everything для поиска ссылок именно на ту библиотеку, что я переименовал, переименовать их там, в ответ на все эти действия получить поломанную связь неработающих комбинаций клавиш, а затем и ошибку запуска приложения. я никогда не занимался рекомпилированием. Мне больше понятно как разобраться в Python, Delphi, PHP, C#, С++ или других простых интерпретируемых построчно, как BASIC скриптах, чем найти отрывки совпадающего текста в .dll файлах без надежды что это заработает корректно. Вы в нём с конца лета 2017 года занимаетесь, кому как ни вам лучше знать свою программу и её несовместимости с другими. Я лишь указал в чём конкретно происходит ошибка и обратился за помощью. Спасибо, не надо.
If you've spend so much time on this you should've figured out, that I don't handle any of the input hooking. It's all done by libuiohook, so I'm as clueless as you when it comes to this issue.

Mozetronick

If you've spend so much time on this you should've figured out, that I don't handle any of the input hooking. It's all done by libuiohook, so I'm as clueless as you when it comes to this issue.
I installed your plug-in 6 months ago and didn’t even start it, it just got assigned to the OBS process and ate the system by hanging the program for some time each time it was launched, and sending buttons to other programs stopped. From this moment, misunderstanding began. When I reinstalled OBS to the new version 3 days ago and made sure once again that everything worked correctly, I attempted to transfer all the settings and plugins that I forgot to transfer for the first time. Then it became clear to me what was the matter, comparing the performance of the original program without extensions and with them. Do not make hasty conclusions, I really forgot that I installed such a large number of plugins, but continued to use all the old programs that you need to run each stream to display them on the screen. It took less than noon on the same day to parse uiohook.dll and its connections that I wrote the first message in this discussion (February 29, 2020). Now, in this scenario, your attempts to discard the desire to provide for the simultaneous use of several programs with this library for someone else are too great, and I am no longer interested in this issue.

Я установил ваш плагин 6 месяцев назад и даже не запускал его, он просто присвоился к процессу OBS и кушал систему тем, что на какое-то время зависал программу каждый раз при её запуске, а отправка кнопок в другие программы на этом прекратилась. С этого момента и началось недопонимание. Когда я 3 дня назад переустановил OBS на новую версию и ещё раз убедился, что всё работает корректно, мною было предпринято перенести все настройки и плагины, которые я забыл перенести в первый раз. Затем мне стало понятно в чём дело, сопоставив работоспособность оригинальной программы без расширений и с ними. Не делайте поспешные выводы, я правда забыл что ставил такое большое количество плагинов, но продолжил пользоваться всеми старыми программами, которые требуется запускать каждый стрим для вывода их на экран. На разбор разковырять uiohook.dll и его связи ушло меньше полудня в тот же день, что я написал первое сообщение в эту дискуссию (Февраль 29, 2020). Сейчас при таком раскладе ваших попыток сбросить желание предусмотреть одновременное использование нескольких программ с этой библиотекой на кого-то ещё слишком велико, а я больше не заинтересован в этом вопросе.

univrsal

I installed your plug-in 6 months ago and didn’t even start it, it just got assigned to the OBS process and ate the system by hanging the program for some time each time it was launched, and sending buttons to other programs stopped. From this moment, misunderstanding began. When I reinstalled OBS to the new version 3 days ago and made sure once again that everything worked correctly, I attempted to transfer all the settings and plugins that I forgot to transfer for the first time. Then it became clear to me what was the matter, comparing the performance of the original program without extensions and with them. Do not make hasty conclusions, I really forgot that I installed such a large number of plugins, but continued to use all the old programs that you need to run each stream to display them on the screen. It took less than noon on the same day to parse uiohook.dll and its connections that I wrote the first message in this discussion (February 29, 2020). Now, in this scenario, your attempts to discard the desire to provide for the simultaneous use of several programs with this library for someone else are too great, and I am no longer interested in this issue.

Я установил ваш плагин 6 месяцев назад и даже не запускал его, он просто присвоился к процессу OBS и кушал систему тем, что на какое-то время зависал программу каждый раз при её запуске, а отправка кнопок в другие программы на этом прекратилась. С этого момента и началось недопонимание. Когда я 3 дня назад переустановил OBS на новую версию и ещё раз убедился, что всё работает корректно, мною было предпринято перенести все настройки и плагины, которые я забыл перенести в первый раз. Затем мне стало понятно в чём дело, сопоставив работоспособность оригинальной программы без расширений и с ними. Не делайте поспешные выводы, я правда забыл что ставил такое большое количество плагинов, но продолжил пользоваться всеми старыми программами, которые требуется запускать каждый стрим для вывода их на экран. На разбор разковырять uiohook.dll и его связи ушло меньше полудня в тот же день, что я написал первое сообщение в эту дискуссию (Февраль 29, 2020). Сейчас при таком раскладе ваших попыток сбросить желание предусмотреть одновременное использование нескольких программ с этой библиотекой на кого-то ещё слишком велико, а я больше не заинтересован в этом вопросе.
I think something's being lost in translation here. As I said this seems to be an issue with libuiohook and how input hooking on Windows works, but I guess the ssue is already resolved now.

Mozetronick

I think something's being lost in translation here. As I said this seems to be an issue with libuiohook and how input hooking on Windows works, but I guess the ssue is already resolved now.
Of course, it was decided, within the framework of the fact that I stopped using your plugin for the sake of the health of all other programs, which it broke if you were satisfied with such an answer. Regarding the translation. You can always refer to the "Original Text in Russian" and use other translators besides Google Translate. Each time I send messages, I translate them back and make changes until the meaning is the same. Unfortunately, in English, some commas are used less often or are lost at the translation stage. Sometimes the problem is this. According to Restream Stuff, "conflicts with third-party plug-ins will not be fixed. If it were to conflict with something large, such as the OBS itself without plug-ins, then if possible reproduce this error, you could create a request." You yourself write that you are not completely sure how your plugin works in terms of intercepting buttons. In any case, I no longer know which way to dig to solve this problem.

Конечно решена, в рамках того, что я перестал пользоваться вашим плагином в угоду работоспособности всех остальных программ, который он ломал, если вас устроит такой ответ. Насчёт перевода. Вы всегда можете обратиться к "Оригиналу текста на Русском" и использовать другие переводчики, помимо Google Translate. Каждый раз при отправке сообщений я перевожу их обратно и вношу изменения до тех пор, пока смысл не будет тот же. К сожалению, в английском языке некоторые запятые запятые используются либо реже, либо теряются на этапе перевода. Иногда проблема бывает в этом. Со слов Restream Stuff "конфликты со сторонними плагинами не будут исправляться. Если бы конфликтовало с чем-то крупным, типа самого ОБС без плагинов - тогда при возможности воспроизвести эту ошибку, можно было бы создать запрос". Вы сами пишете, что не окончательно уверены как работает ваш плагин в плане перехвата кнопок. В любом случае, я больше не знаю в какую сторону копать для решения этой задачи.

juaninho-11

THX! I simply edited the texture with paint .net dont need photoshop and notepadd++ for editing the code. Normal notepad works but its not as pretty as notepad++ with text color. For understanding the code check out his youtube tutorial and description in the code.

@SkyOps can you provide the link for the tutorial ?

I went to his channel but I did not find it there... ;(

univrsal

I've found a bug: The mouse and some of the keyboards don't display correctly when I use the video render delay filter on them with a setting that is greater than a frame (34 ms at 30 FPS or 17 ms at 60 FPS).
Filters in general don't seem to work, this also happens if you try to apply a crop or color correction filter. I have no idea what's causing it

univrsal

I came up with a workaround: First, make a scene with just a keyboard or mouse input overlay but don't add any filters; then, include this scene in another scene, and add the filters there. It works with the render filter delay, anyway.
Well I guess that works, but I'm pretty sure that there's some thing I can do to fix it properly, but I'm currently working on other stuff.

Beridok

Hello.
I was struggling a lot with this issue... so I play very specific game of TrackMania, where players basically have 4 inputs - direction (left & right), acceleration and brake. Direction is analog value, acceleration and brake are digital (0 or 1). And people have overlay to reflect how much they steer with analog stick - and it's basically excludes up/down direction in left analog.
I saw people on streams having nice overlay for that, here is example @ 2:00:00 timestamp.
I got linked to that overlay riolu (^ in video above) uses, but it just does not work.
Log says:
Code:
19:07:59.326: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/precision-gamepad-source.dll': (null) (126)
19:07:59.326: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/precision-gamepad-source.dll' not loaded
Searching for this error gives result of this topic: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/solved-issues-with-plugin-loading.79508/

I contacted sweepline (overlay author), who didn't really know why it's the issue - when I mentioned I use Windows 7, he said I need to compile his plugin myself. Which didn't worked after all those hours of following instruction.
And it's silly that Input Overlay plugin works without hassle.
Is there possibility to create something similar with current or future (5.0) release of Input Overlay?
I tried doing it based on gamepad template (Xbox), but I just failed miserably - apparently I do not understand the structure or it can't be really modified to a way I do.

There is also small issue with that - people tend to use different buttons for acceleration and brake controls. My LB and RB are pressing itself after one press (pad is broken). LT does not always react, so I use RT for brakes and "B" (Xbox scheme) for acceleration.
Using standard gamepad overlay just does not do the job for the game...

Overall, I like this plugin - probably would work great for other games.
Keep doing the good job!
Regards.

univrsal

Hello.
I was struggling a lot with this issue... so I play very specific game of TrackMania, where players basically have 4 inputs - direction (left & right), acceleration and brake. Direction is analog value, acceleration and brake are digital (0 or 1). And people have overlay to reflect how much they steer with analog stick - and it's basically excludes up/down direction in left analog.
I saw people on streams having nice overlay for that, here is example @ 2:00:00 timestamp.
I got linked to that overlay riolu (^ in video above) uses, but it just does not work.
Log says:
Code:
19:07:59.326: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/precision-gamepad-source.dll': (null) (126)
19:07:59.326: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/precision-gamepad-source.dll' not loaded
Searching for this error gives result of this topic: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/solved-issues-with-plugin-loading.79508/

I contacted sweepline (overlay author), who didn't really know why it's the issue - when I mentioned I use Windows 7, he said I need to compile his plugin myself. Which didn't worked after all those hours of following instruction.
And it's silly that Input Overlay plugin works without hassle.
Is there possibility to create something similar with current or future (5.0) release of Input Overlay?
I tried doing it based on gamepad template (Xbox), but I just failed miserably - apparently I do not understand the structure or it can't be really modified to a way I do.

There is also small issue with that - people tend to use different buttons for acceleration and brake controls. My LB and RB are pressing itself after one press (pad is broken). LT does not always react, so I use RT for brakes and "B" (Xbox scheme) for acceleration.
Using standard gamepad overlay just does not do the job for the game...

Overall, I like this plugin - probably would work great for other games.
Keep doing the good job!
Regards.
Version 5 can display the LT and RT buttons analogous, like you showed in that video. It can't do that with the analog sticks, though I could add that. Regardless I can't give you an estimate on when any of that is done.

Beridok

Version 5 can display the LT and RT buttons analogous, like you showed in that video. It can't do that with the analog sticks, though I could add that. Regardless I can't give you an estimate on when any of that is done.
Not sure if you understood - what is important is that there is only left-right axis movement monitored. (Up and down is ignored).

Actually, I made my own tool with JavaScript, HTML and CSS, while using "Browser" source in OBS: https://github.com/Beridok/JS-TMGamepadVisualInputs
Here is little preview: Streamable
I guess I would need to work more to actually release that to other people, but I think using such method makes it highly customizable and open-source.

Last edited by a moderator:

univrsal

Not sure if you understood - what is important is that there is only left-right axis movement monitored. (Up and down is ignored).

Actually, I made my own tool with JavaScript, HTML and CSS, while using "Browser" source in OBS.
Here is little preview: Streamable
I guess I would need to work more to actually release that to other people, but I think using such method makes it highly customizable and open-source.
I did, but as I say said it's not possible right now