Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

So I have a very odd situation here, and was hoping you could help me out.

TLDR: Is there a way to write up a config file to search for individual buttons, so that I can make LB and RB different shapes? Context below.

Basically, I want to use the plugin to display N64 buttons, even though I'm using an Xinput controller (which is actually my Switch Pro controller but that doesn't really matter. I have it set up to be Xinput.) Specifically, I'm setting it up for Mario 64, but I play with a rather odd button layout. I have LB bound to Z, RB to A, and RT to B, so what I want to do is tell it to display Z as pressed when I hit LB, A when I hit RB, and B when I hit RT. I'm in the process of creating a texture and accompanying config file, but the way it finds the textures seems to prevent what I'm attempting

To my understanding, the config lumps LB and RT together when looking for the textures, so I give it the coordinates of LB, which it will find first, then it will automatically search for a similar button, and find RT. This means that I cannot, to my knowledge, type up the config file such that Z is displayed when LB is hit, and A is displayed when RB is hit because if I tell it where the Z texture is for LB, it will automatically look for a Z shaped button for RB, and won't find one because I want RB to be A.

So what I'm hoping you can tell me is if it's possible to perhaps make the config go by individual buttons instead of groups, or maybe some other way to achieve this.
It just looks for the texture in the same place, meaning RB is next to LB and RT next to LT, what the buttons look like doesn't matter.

evilengine

It just looks for the texture in the same place, meaning RB is next to LB and RT next to LT, what the buttons look like doesn't matter.
Ooooooooooooh ok. Yeah I guess I probably should've at least tried it before asking, but I was so convinced it wouldn't work :p. Thanks for replying so fast though, and sorry to bother you. I think its amazing you're still active on here 3 years later too.

univrsal

Ooooooooooooh ok. Yeah I guess I probably should've at least tried it before asking, but I was so convinced it wouldn't work :p. Thanks for replying so fast though, and sorry to bother you. I think its amazing you're still active on here 3 years later too.
Well I kinda shot myself in the foot with how convoluted I made the whole process, so I gotta at least answer questions that come up :P

hosios

Hello,
I'm new here. I was looking for a specific layout for my purpose, but couldn't find any. So I dove in and made one myself. I wanto to shared it here with you, if someone needs it too. It comes with the English and Spanish words.
I made it so I could use it with Inkscape, because I teach it in our School. The background in Inkscape ist mostly white, so I made it with a black border. I use it in conjunction with the default mouse, that comes with teh plugin. Enjoy
PS.: Original Inkscape file inlcuded (there are still some minor adjusments to be made, but ir works)
Ctrl-Alt-preview.png

Attachments

• Ctrl-Alt.zip
    486.1 KB · Views: 94

andrad

hello everyone, I have to say that the plugin works exceptional, congratulations to everyone involved.

I just want to know if anyone has a preset for NES controlller

McKack

The link to the key codes doesn't seem to work anymore.
So in case anyone is looking for codes elsewhere that are compatible with this plugin you can use the ones here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyboardEvent/code/code_values

Anywas, awesome plugin!
Takes some learning even with the tutorials to set up your own layouts but when you figure it out it's ezpz.
Perhaps a tool to design layouts and generate the config would be possible in the future?

univrsal

The link to the key codes doesn't seem to work anymore.
So in case anyone is looking for codes elsewhere that are compatible with this plugin you can use the ones here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyboardEvent/code/code_values

Anywas, awesome plugin!
Takes some learning even with the tutorials to set up your own layouts but when you figure it out it's ezpz.
Perhaps a tool to design layouts and generate the config would be possible in the future?
Just use this

ProtoDot

I need some help. I was hoping to set up an overlay for a Tekken 7 stream so I could get some VODs, but the buttons aren't properly using 1_key_col and instead just stick to the far left of the source. Could I get some help with this?
Here's my ini
Code:
#Input overlay made for my Tekken 7 binds
#Made for input overlay v4
#
#8 keys in total
0_key_count=2
#kb layout
0_layout_type=2
#2 rows and 5 colummns in the overlay
0_key_rows=2
0_key_cols=5
#keys are typically 100x100
0_key_abs_w=100
0_key_abs_h=100
#25px margin between keys
0_key_space_h=25
0_key_space_v=25
#All the buttons are on one row, so i just put 8 here
0_texture_w=8
#There isn't a second row now, but I'm probably going to add a second one later, so here:
0_texture_v_space=200
#the keys are in the following order (I suggest you turn off word wrap if you want to read this):
#            Q(left), W(down), E(left), Space(up), Numpad 7(1), Down Arrow(2), Numpad 8(3), Numpad 9(4)
1_key_order= 0x0010,  0x0011
1_key_width= 1,1
1_key_height=1,1
#Now to position the buttons
1_key_row=   0,1
1_key_col=   0,1

Attachments

• Tekken7Overlay.png
    Tekken7Overlay.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 81

ProtoDot

Okay, so I tried copypasting the wasd ini over and editing it down to 4 keys and the same thing is still happening, this is getting extremely frustrating. I just want one thing, and it's so simple, why does it not want to work?

Hello! I really love this overlay, but I am very new to using them (and OBS in general) still. I was curious if I could set up the 2 side mouse buttons to work alongside mine? My current two (both near thumb. Mouse is Logitech Proteus Spectrum g502) are actually bound to the B and V keys, so I can utilize more buttons better in my games.

Can I alter the mouse buttons overlay to reflect this? Or would it be better to change the wasd (no movement) one and change some keys on it? (Also the tutorial I found for this in this thread 404'd, is there a new guide?)

Thank you for your time.

univrsal

Hello! I really love this overlay, but I am very new to using them (and OBS in general) still. I was curious if I could set up the 2 side mouse buttons to work alongside mine? My current two (both near thumb. Mouse is Logitech Proteus Spectrum g502) are actually bound to the B and V keys, so I can utilize more buttons better in my games.

Can I alter the mouse buttons overlay to reflect this? Or would it be better to change the wasd (no movement) one and change some keys on it? (Also the tutorial I found for this in this thread 404'd, is there a new guide?)

Thank you for your time.
If you're talking about the keycodes they moved here:
Just use this

Jrblack09

I need help. I downloaded the last version, and I am using the presets inside it. However, the .ini is not working proprely. When I put the png it looks fine, but when I put the .ini it looks like this. This is the wasd extended numeric square.
1599868840388.png

Aphelion-

Hello, is anyone willing to help me here? I tried to make my own input overlay but the overlay won't show the key that I pressed/didn't respond to the key I pressed. If you asked me the texture and the *.ini file, I've attached here (it contains key overlay that shows arrow key presses)

EDIT: somehow my key overlay respond to the key I pressed in numpad when numlock is turned off

Attachments

• Gem resink.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Aphelion-

Hello, is anyone willing to help me here? I tried to make my own input overlay but the overlay won't show the key that I pressed/didn't respond to the key I pressed. If you asked me the texture and the *.ini file, I've attached here (it contains key overlay that shows arrow key presses)

EDIT: somehow my key overlay respond to the key I pressed in numpad when numlock is turned off
ok nevermind about this. has been fixed by myself. Attached this thing again if someone willing to use it too. I used it for racing games and has 2 separated input overlays

Attachments

• Gem resink.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 137