CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

falti

Hi @lcalder Ludwig,

I checked the autopopulation subject and although it may sound like an excuse it works as intended.

When you start CamooZ the list of profiles actually is populated with all previously stored profile names (meaning: they're all there)
But: the combobox does not show one in its header - because none has been loaded so far:

1647931828276.png

Then you click into the combobox and you can choose a profile. But if you do not hit the load button and e.g. go to a different camera and come back, then the combobox is back to blank once more because no profile has been loaded.

If you do choose a profile though, and hit the LOAD
1647933477921.png
button then the profile name will stay visible in the list and also show in the programs header to indicate which profile is active.

1647932127936.png

If you now go to a different camera and come back, both combobox and header now will still show, that (in my example) Afternoon_Cloudy is active. Also the undo / redo functions and the highlighting (in red colors) of the settings changed will refer to what has changed compared to the latest loaded profile.

Also when you hit the
1647933400901.png
button to go back to the camera's factory settings the combobox will go blank again, because no profile is loaded any more.

I know that this is a bit different use of such a combobox. Often clicking into one has an immediate effect as to starting an action. For example, clicking into the camera combobox will immediately switch to another camera.

With the profiles I decided for a different way: I regard the combobox as a "suggestion" of available profile, so when you open the combobox you can see them and choose, but it requires one more step, that is: consciously pressing the LOAD button, to activate one.

I do a lot of remote sessions myself and this approach has worked for me. Choosing another camera in CamooZ has no effect on the remote session, but if clicking into the profiles combobox (just to see what other profiles are available) would immediately change the camera settings, that'd have an immediate impact on the stream / Zoom session. So I added one more required step.

Does that make sense to you?

Cheers

Falti

Last edited:

lcalder

Hi @lcalder Ludwig,

thanks for the coffee(s) ;-)

I admit I did not put too much effort in the cmd line parameter parsing.. it needs to be exact, no shortening.

The syntax is:

-file:"C:\Users\da user\da Documents\CamooZ6\HD_Pro_Webcam_C920\prod01.ccs"

I mean -file:"............."

not your -f :-)

So -file:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs" should do the trick...

Re the auto-population: let me check...

Cheers

Falti

hanjo

Hi @falti
version 6.8 was working fine for me for a couple of days, but now it stopped working. Everytime I run the app, I'm greeted with an Access Violation error. Any idea how to fix this?
I tried an older version (6.1), which is still running just fine.
Thanks!

Attachments

• CamooZ_2022-04-04_10-41-03.png
    CamooZ_2022-04-04_10-41-03.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 24

Gerardo G.

Hello. Thank you for the cool program! I tried out today for the first time, and it looks great. I do have a problem. When I try to move any of the settings to the left or right, it takes about five seconds to move and for the webcam image to change correspondingly. Why is that? Is there a way I can fix it?

Thank you in advance.

falti

So, I was playing a little bit and it looks the issue is caused by the entry
Code:
LastCamUsed=-1
in the CamooZ.ini
Changing the value to 0 fixed the issue.

Hi @hanjo,

glad to see you could fix things. Are you sure you're not erranously using somthing older than V6.8? I did a fix for what you describe with 6.7a - so I'm surprised that you still see the issue. I changed my ini to LastCamUsed=-1 and CamooZ still starts - actually catching the expection that settng causes. I will nonetheless look into it later on.
How did the LastCamUsed=-1 get into the ini-file to begin with? Did you enter it manually or was it created by CamooZ?

Cheers

Falti

falti

Hello. Thank you for the cool program! I tried out today for the first time, and it looks great. I do have a problem. When I try to move any of the settings to the left or right, it takes about five seconds to move and for the webcam image to change correspondingly. Why is that? Is there a way I can fix it?

Thank you in advance.
HI @Gerardo G.

you're welcome. This is the 1st time I hear about such a laggy response. Any change to i.e. brightness, zoom, exposure etc. should show immediate change on the camera image. At least I did not create any programmatic delay or so - except if your machine is at 100% CPU to begin with.

Now although this sounds like the usual "it wasn't me" I suspect that the driver is causing that.

How do things look like when you use the original limited dialog and make changes there? What I mean is click on the "FULL" button

1649151317031.png

and then "System Dialog".

1649151278899.png

Do changes you make here show the same delay?

Cheers

Falti

John_Lkt

Hi @ramasule,

two ideas:

1) Webbrowser interface already built-in
Have you noticed that CamooZ can be run as a webserver and then controlled via a browser on the same network (GUI or command line)?

Like e.g. http://192.168.2.13:8080/set?Brightness=128

2) I could provide a DLL
I cannot release the source code. It wouldn't help most people anyway as it's written in Delphi. But I have made an API exporting things into a very easy to use dll. Would you be the one to start using / testing it or are we talking other people?

Cheers
Falti
Good afternoon. I am currently working on a program that requires getting an image from a camera. To do this, I used DirectShow first, then QT (QCamera), now OpenCV. However, I need to be able to change the values of exposure, contrast, etc. Unfortunately, the listed libraries do not have this capability, but it works fine with your program. Could you please provide the DLL you were talking about? I don't really need the source code, since I've never worked with Delphi.

Gerardo G.

Thank you for your quick response, Falti. I tested what you asked me to: that one is automatic... no lag at all. On your program, it's not only the effect on the webcam image, but it also takes about five seconds to see each button move to the left or right.

falti

@Gerardo G.
I see...and I have only 1 idea left:

As CamooZ is also a webserver it will create a new webpage with all current settings incl. the one just changed - so that might use CPU. No issue so far, but maybe on a somewhat less powerful machine...

What CPU are you running on? Could you observe with task manager if there is a peak between the moment you click a trackbar and the response 5 secs later?

Cheers

Falti

Gerardo G.

I have an Intel Core i5-3317U 1.70 GHz; don't see any peaks. I'm attaching a screenshot. Might it be a Firewall thing? I have the one that comes with the operating system, which is Windows 8.1

Aside from that, today I'm getting an error alert; and the program won't open after that. It hadn't happened before. I'm also attaching a screenshot of the error alert.

Thank you @falti for looking into this.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 35
  • Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

hanjo

Hi @hanjo,

glad to see you could fix things. Are you sure you're not erranously using somthing older than V6.8? I did a fix for what you describe with 6.7a - so I'm surprised that you still see the issue. I changed my ini to LastCamUsed=-1 and CamooZ still starts - actually catching the expection that settng causes. I will nonetheless look into it later on.
How did the LastCamUsed=-1 get into the ini-file to begin with? Did you enter it manually or was it created by CamooZ?

Cheers

Falti
Hi @falti

yes, I'm pretty sure it is 6.8. At least so it says in the details of the file properties. The SHA-1 hash of the file is 57181A9CCD008360FB3737AE176A7374991272F9, in case you want to check.

The app crashed on me once. I assumed the -1 got written then, but I have no way of knowing for sure. I did not manually put it in there.

Greetings
Hanjo

falti

Good afternoon. I am currently working on a program that requires getting an image from a camera. To do this, I used DirectShow first, then QT (QCamera), now OpenCV. However, I need to be able to change the values of exposure, contrast, etc. Unfortunately, the listed libraries do not have this capability, but it works fine with your program. Could you please provide the DLL you were talking about? I don't really need the source code, since I've never worked with Delphi.
@John_Lkt
pls let me know your email and and I'll provide a DLL with use samples

falti

Hi @falti

yes, I'm pretty sure it is 6.8. At least so it says in the details of the file properties. The SHA-1 hash of the file is 57181A9CCD008360FB3737AE176A7374991272F9, in case you want to check.

The app crashed on me once. I assumed the -1 got written then, but I have no way of knowing for sure. I did not manually put it in there.

Greetings
Hanjo
@hanjo
have you tried deleting the INI-file?

C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\Documents\CamooZ6\CamooZ.ini

TomberWolf

Hey,

I ran an auto apply script for CamooZ to load my settings for three cams at system startup but after the update to 6.8 it doesn't seem to work anymore.
My profiles are stored in the same folder with CamooZ to keep it portable (I really don't like the nested folders in my documents folder).

My batch file that doesn't work anymore:

CamooZ.exe -file:"C:\Scripts und Tools\OBS\CamooZ\StreamCam Mitte.ccs" -silent
CamooZ.exe -file:"C:\Scripts und Tools\OBS\CamooZ\StreamCam Rechts.ccs" -silent
CamooZ.exe -file:"C:\Scripts und Tools\OBS\CamooZ\StreamCam Raum.ccs" -silent

falti

Hi @TomberWolf

please let me know what exactly does not work. I take it the exe starts and does not find the profile??

I tested your scenario as follows:

CamooZ.exe resides in program files...so do the profiles and a little batch file.

1651414852527.png

Test 1 - calling the file with no path information (CamooZ will assume same folder as exe):

1651414898813.png

1651414890471.png

Result:
1651414950946.png

Test 2 - calling the file with path information:

1651415026303.png

1651415042608.png

1651415052347.png

I suggest you run the script without the -silent parameter and see what you get...
When CamooZ comes up, click on the little button on the lower right to get to full mode and check the log.

1651415299887.png

Attachments

• 1651414783835.png
    1651414783835.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 1651415330619.png
    1651415330619.png
    922 bytes · Views: 20