CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

JK14

I can download it now.

But I get this error when I try to open the .exe

1662822054057.png

falti

I have seen similar when someone had an abandoned splitcam driver still installed that had issues showing up correctly in the list of cameras.

Your"OBS-Camera" - what exactly is it? My list of availbale physical and virtual cameras (created with Zoom) looks like this:

1662990650144.png

So what OBS creates in my setup is the "OBS Virtual Camera", not something by the name of "OBS-Camera". Do you need it? If not - can you get rid of it / deinstall?

falti

@JK14 I'd be interested in fixing this thing. I am pretty convinced that something is wrong with your setup, but of course would love to catch such situations and make CamooZ even more stable.

Can you pls send a PM with your email and we take it from there? I'd create a special built with some tracing to get closer to the issue

Cheers

Falti

franklyray

Great app.
But how this app work? How I can do this settings remotely? Do you have a github repository?
V 7.0.1 is now a pay (4.99 GBP) and does not have remote capability. That is coming in an additional upgrade according to Andreas Faltinek on 09/14/2022. I was disappointed to discover that after I bought the current version. I find the WEB remote feature significant for two reasons. 1) can control from another computer 2) UI is much better than the current UI. I am hopeful the new version includes the better UI with the WEB version.

JK14

@JK14 I'd be interested in fixing this thing. I am pretty convinced that something is wrong with your setup, but of course would love to catch such situations and make CamooZ even more stable.

Can you pls send a PM with your email and we take it from there? I'd create a special built with some tracing to get closer to the issue

Cheers

Falti
I wrote you a PM

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings with a new update entry:

7.0.3 - enhanced error handling when encountering orphaned drivers

Rarely CamooZ crashed at startup while enumerating all installed cameras.
Issues occured when CamooZ encountered fragments of orphaned drivers. I have seen the issue with a not properly de-installed splitcam as well as with the old OBS Virtual Cam plugin.

7.0.3 will handle the errors and continue, just marking the item as non-configurable. Thank you @JK14

Read the rest of this update entry...

undergrounddance

has always crashed for me. it would keep my settings though which was it's only use. Couldn't live adjust ever when OBS was running. Appreciate the time and attempts at a successful FOSS while it lasted. Not worth $5+USD for a crashing program.
Good Luck with future endeavor, was neat concept while it last.

falti

@undergrounddance

As you will have seen from the huge amount of other posts here, from eight 5-star ratings and from reviews done by people like EposVox with his 315k followers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCGuSHM6FM&t=126s): you're amongst a few who're having issues.

Your use case is exactly what EposVox demonstrates: he fine tunes cam settings and shows the changes live in his OBS. So have you considered that there is a chance that something is wrong with your setup? Like an orphaned or poorly programmed driver reporting back incorrectly?

And your attitude wasn't helpful either: see, other users simply asked for support, which they got - for free so far, and I managed to fix all (!) of the issues. So, what is it you want? Just tell people that the countless number of hours of work I invested aren't worth 5 bloody bucks?

Here is my peace offer: tell and show me exactly what kind of crash you encounter and I'll do my best to fix that one as well.

Last edited:

falti

V 7.0.1 is now a pay (4.99 GBP) and does not have remote capability. That is coming in an additional upgrade according to Andreas Faltinek on 09/14/2022. I was disappointed to discover that after I bought the current version. I find the WEB remote feature significant for two reasons. 1) can control from another computer 2) UI is much better than the current UI. I am hopeful the new version includes the better UI with the WEB version.

Frank,

CamooZweb is now available. Same download as CamooZ 7.0.3. The zip-file now includes 2 executables.

1663516161615.png

And please note: your license key will also work work with CamooZweb. Just register the software as you did with CamooZ.
1663516322295.png

falti

Hi @falti,
I found a bug in CamooZ 6.8 (I think). When I try to set the tilt to a negative value using the webserver the command is not executed. Positive values work fine.
This fails:
Code:
curl http://localhost:8080/set?tilt=-10
This works:
Code:
curl http://localhost:8080/set?tilt=10
This works as well:
Code:
curl http://localhost:8080/set?tilt=0

Would be great if you can look into this :-)
Thanks!
@hanjo

Version 7.0.3 finally has a fix for the case you brought up.

Cheers

Falti

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings with a new update entry:

7.1.0 CamooZ now with Elgato Streamdeck plugin

CamooZ 7.1.0 now comes with a plugin (V1.2) for the Elgato Streamdeck.

The plugin is aware of all existing CamooZ camera profiles. Now activating preset profiles with all your fine tuned camera settings is as easy as the press of a button on your streamdeck.

The plugin is included in the zip-file package for now - I'm confident it will make it into the Elgato store soon.

View attachment 87460

Read the rest of this update entry...

derWu

Any chance to toggle profiles on webserver

e.g.: /set?cam=1,profile=<profilename>

Want to use it on companion (Remote Streamdeck)