Rarely CamooZ crashed at startup while enumerating all installed cameras.
Issues occured when CamooZ encountered fragments of orphaned drivers. I have seen the issue with a not properly de-installed splitcam as well as with the old OBS Virtual Cam plugin.
7.0.3 will handle the errors and continue, just marking the item as non-configurable. Thank you @JK14
Major redesign - much lighter and faster - many performance improvements. The web server interface is discontinued and will be made available in a separate application soon.
Saving and loading camera settings in/from profiles is now only available with the full version. You can easly get a license key (for 4.99 USD) and turn the evaluation version into a full version.
- Selecting a profile in the lower left will immediately load the profile
- Buttons now have hints
- The new "tracking" function allows to change the slide bars behaviours - much better performance on less powerful machines or laggy drivers
- Some camera drivers report to support certain functions and then don't - this will no longer crash CamooZ
- Using a CamooZ.ini copied from another computer with more cameras will no longer crash CamooZ at startup.
- Change the labels of camera settings with a right click on the label
- For settings you don't want to change by error, you can lock & unlock them with the new lock buttons (similar to OBS sources)
CammoZ 6.7 checks in its INI file which camera was used last. When there is no such ini file (because it's the 1st run) CamooZ 6.7 will crash.
Please update immediately
This is something I had in mind for quite a while: a function that allows to sort the trackbars to your liking, so that e.g. white balance and brightness are first and the stuff you never touch goes down, (like zoom, backlight and sharpness in my case or the ones the camera doesn't support).
CamooZ will remember one sort preference per camera - and you can always switch between CamooZ default and your custom order.
CamooZ now has complete Undo and Redo functionality. When making changes to the camera after a profile has been loaded, any changed setting will be highlighted and all values stored in a history per camera.
This history will prevail, even after choosing another camera and coming back. Undo and redo are available with buttons or Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-Shift-Z.
CamooZ will now also warn / ask when it's about to be closed with unsaved settings.
Thanks to @PedjaS 's ideas I have made some modifications to enhance usability:
- Classic mode now shows all settings on one small screen
- Mousewheel scrolling on trackbars is now fully supported - if you press CTRL while scrolling you scroll with 20 x the speed (e.g. useful for whitebalance which has ~4000 positions)
- Exposure value is now back to showing numeric value and the actual fractions of a second
- All values (incl. Powerline frequency, low light compensation) are properly stored and retrieved
- After loading a config, the save button will be disabled - and only be enabled when something has changed
- When something is actually changed, the affected setting will show a red text rather than default color - to indicate which setting has changed. All will go back to the default color after saving
- CamooZ now remembers what camera was used last, so when started, it shows the same camera selected it was left with
- There is a new option called "Ignore virtual / unconfigurable cams" which will ban them from the list of cameras
6.4a fixes an issue when automating with the -file parameter and not giving a fully qualified path, but only the file name (when it sits in the same folder as the exe).
c:\program files\camooz\camooz.exe -file:"C:\Users\dauser\Documents\CamooZ6\HD_Pro_Webcam_C920\prod01.ccs" worked in 6.4
c:\program files\camooz\camooz.exe -file:"prod01.ccs" caused the file not to be properly processed.
Starting with 6.4a when we get only a filename and no folder, we shall assume that it resides in the same dir as the executable
Thanks @LogiC930eUser !