CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

falti

Hi @LogiC930eUser

you did nothing incorrectly per se, it's just that I always specified the complete path in my tests and did not even think about your scenario, although it is ok and convenient indeed.

So in version 6.4a I have now changed things: when I only get a file without path, I assume it to reside in the same dir as the exe and process accordingly. So 6.4a should worj for your scenario.

How about you gave CamooZ a positive rating for this? ;-)

Cheers

Falti

Hello,
Works great to turn off low light compensation on my Logitech C930e, but I'm encountering one minor issue below in order to automate that with the command line.
First, I opened CamooZ, configured the camera settings, then saved the settings. Then, the settings file was copied to the same folder as CamooZ executable for convenience.
Then, in command line, I invoked the program with
CamooZ.exe -file:"default.ccs"
This is what the program returns:

View attachment 81692

I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly here, any advice on how to save the settings file properly, so that I can run this in command line at startup?
Thank you so much for writing this.
Sincerely.
HN

PedjaS

After your rude response I actually stopped using CamooZ and turned to CamProps which is good alternative.
However, as you notified me that you reconsider and change opinion and attitude I decided to give CamooZ another try.

Classic mode is excellent upgrade. This now looks and feels as proper desktop program. This UI is much better. Good job!

I liked that CamooZ showed all settings on one screen. In Classic mode it is now split to two pages. It is OK, but I would still prefer single page.

As I understood, you said you added mouse scroll on sliders. In my PC it does not work. Sliders do not react to scrolling mouse middle button.

For Exposure value in earlier versions CamooZ displayed value bot as unnamed number and time in seconds. Unnamed number is needed as it is how Windows deals with camera settings (when you open camera properties from OBS, that number is displayed for Exposure). However, value in seconds is more apropriate and useful. Thus we should see both values. In latest version of CamooZ unnamed number is removed. It should be brought back.

Powerline frequency value is not restored from saved configuration. It is always reset to 60 Hz when configuration is loaded, regardless what value was set before configuration is saved.

It is good to have configuration file set in drop down box all the time. It needs one small improvement. When configuration is loaded and then some value changed, CamooZ does not show any indication that values are not matching loaded configuration. It should do that. Usual UI approach is that, after configuration is loaded, Save button should be disabled (as there is nothing to save). If any value is changed, Save button should be enabled as indication that there is some change that may be saved.

It is also advisable that if some value is changed and differs from loaded configuration, it becomes bold, so user has visual indication what is changed.

I have several cameras attached. Actually those are virtual cameras created by OBS and other software. Only Logitech C920 needs CamooZ, but, CamooZ always shows another camera in camera drop down list. It would be great if CamooZ remembers what camera was used last so, when started, it continues with the same camera (or that user can choose which camera to use as default).

Last edited:

LogiC930eUser

Hi @LogiC930eUser

you did nothing incorrectly per se, it's just that I always specified the complete path in my tests and did not even think about your scenario, although it is ok and convenient indeed.

So in version 6.4a I have now changed things: when I only get a file without path, I assume it to reside in the same dir as the exe and process accordingly. So 6.4a should worj for your scenario.

How about you gave CamooZ a positive rating for this? ;-)

Cheers

Falti

Hello,
Thanks for the quick update.
I tried the latest.
It's closer, just one more fix I would like to request to look into.
By invoking with the full paths (of the executable and the config file), I was able to run it from the command line.
From the looks of it, most of the configuration settings can be loaded on and off from the command line.
However, for some reason, the Low Light Compensation On/Off does not seem to load on and off when I invoke changes from the command line.
Could you look into this? It's almost there. I would imagine more people would find this utility useful if this worked. In Linux, scripting the low light compensation off was easy to do, but in Windows it was not. You can even charge a few bucks for your time!
Thanks.
HN

1647289409496.png

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore cam settings (now with classic mode & low light compensation) with a new update entry:

Usability optimizations with many thanks to PedjaS

Thanks to @PedjaS 's ideas I have made some modifications to enhance usability:
  • Classic mode now shows all settings on one small screen
  • Mousewheel scrolling on trackbars is now fully supported - if you press CTRL while scrolling you 20 x the speed (e.g. useful for whitebalance which has ~4000 positions)
  • Exposure value back to showing numric value and the actual fractions of a second
  • All values (incl. Powerline frequency...

Read the rest of this update entry...

falti

@PedjaS

check out Version 6.5 - almost all you suggested is now included, except that I chose red color over bold font to highligt changes. Only things I'm still thinking about are

• Remembering the active profile and the change status when switching between cameras - at this stage I reset all coloring and save-button disabling when going to another cam and coming back

• In case we make a change and the line becomes red, and then we bring that value exactly back to where it was originally, I might also reverse the color coding and make the save button disabled again.

Both will require a somewhat more complex handling and memorizing settings in matrices, and my time does not allow for it at this moment, so no promises.

Cheers

Falti

After your rude response I actually stopped using CamooZ and turned to CamProps which is good alternative.
However, as you notified me that you reconsider and change opinion and attitude I decided to give CamooZ another try.

Classic mode is excellent upgrade. This now looks and feels as proper desktop program. This UI is much better. Good job!

I liked that CamooZ showed all settings on one screen. In Classic mode it is now split to two pages. It is OK, but I would still prefer single page.

As I understood, you said you added mouse scroll on sliders. In my PC it does not work. Sliders do not react to scrolling mouse middle button.

For Exposure value in earlier versions CamooZ displayed value bot as unnamed number and time in seconds. Unnamed number is needed as it is how Windows deals with camera settings (when you open camera properties from OBS, that number is displayed for Exposure). However, value in seconds is more apropriate and useful. Thus we should see both values. In latest version of CamooZ unnamed number is removed. It should be brought back.

Powerline frequency value is not restored from saved configuration. It is always reset to 60 Hz when configuration is loaded, regardless what value was set before configuration is saved.

It is good to have configuration file set in drop down box all the time. It needs one small improvement. When configuration is loaded and then some value changed, CamooZ does not show any indication that values are not matching loaded configuration. It should do that. Usual UI approach is that, after configuration is loaded, Save button should be disabled (as there is nothing to save). If any value is changed, Save button should be enabled as indication that there is some change that may be saved.

It is also advisable that if some value is changed and differs from loaded configuration, it becomes bold, so user has visual indication what is changed.

I have several cameras attached. Actually those are virtual cameras created by OBS and other software. Only Logitech C920 needs CamooZ, but, CamooZ always shows another camera in camera drop down list. It would be great if CamooZ remembers what camera was used last so, when started, it continues with the same camera (or that user can choose which camera to use as default).

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore cam settings (now with classic mode & low light compensation) with a new update entry:

Undo and Redo functionality - per camera

CamooZ now has complete Undo and Redo functionality. When making changes to the camera after a profile has been loaded, any changed setting will be highlighted and all values stored in a history per camera.
This history will prevail, even after choosing another camera and coming back. Undo and redo are available with buttons or Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-Shift-Z.

CamooZ will now also warn / ask when it's about to be closed with unsaved settings...

falti

6.6 has Undo/Redo per camera with warning when closing with unsaved settings

CamooZ now has complete Undo and Redo functionality. When making changes to the camera after a profile has been loaded, any changed setting will be highlighted and all values stored in a history per camera.
This history will prevail, even after choosing another camera and coming back. Undo and redo are available with buttons or [COLOR=rgb(184...[/quote]

falti

Hi HN, @LogiC930eUser

can you please check with Version 6.6? Works in my setup....

1647786523870.png

Hello,
Thanks for the quick update.
I tried the latest.
It's closer, just one more fix I would like to request to look into.
By invoking with the full paths (of the executable and the config file), I was able to run it from the command line.
From the looks of it, most of the configuration settings can be loaded on and off from the command line.
However, for some reason, the Low Light Compensation On/Off does not seem to load on and off when I invoke changes from the command line.
Could you look into this? It's almost there. I would imagine more people would find this utility useful if this worked. In Linux, scripting the low light compensation off was easy to do, but in Windows it was not. You can even charge a few bucks for your time!
Thanks.
HN

Last edited:

falti

6.7 - freely configurable sort order of trackbars

This is something I had in mind for quite a while: a function that allows to sort the trackbars to your liking, so that e.g. white balance and brightness are first and the stuff you never touch goes down, (like zoom, backlinght and sharpness in my case). CamooZ will remember one sort prefrence per camera - and you can always switch between CamooZ default and you custom order.

View attachment 81982

Last edited:

Eckserah

I am currently having an issue where I am unable to run it. I get this popup every time I run it. Same memory address every time.

---------------------------
Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module CamooZ.exe at 00000000009D58DA.

Access violation at address 0000000000DD58DA in module 'CamooZ.exe'. Write of address 0000000000DA79F8.

OK

Eckserah

@Eckserah

Have you worked successfully with previous versions of CamooZ or is this your first shot? What version are you running?

First shot and I'm running the latest right now. Should I try with another version?

Edit: Just tried every version available for download. 5 works. 5.2 fails with the same error

falti

Hmm....I have no explanation at this moment. I changed many things between 6.3 and 6.7, and yet i don't know why it crashes.

falti

@Eckserah Your issue (and mine ;-) is fixed with 6.7a. I relied on something that was previously stored in the ini file. Now with a fresh start, that ini does not exist...

Please let me know if 6.7a works for you

Cheers

Falti

lcalder

I've tried everything to load a .ccs file but the program just acts like it was loaded the normal way.
I tried loading from command line thus:
CamooZ.exe -f:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs"
.\CamooZ.exe -f:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs"
C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\CamooZ.exe -f:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs"
I tried moving it from the OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera folder into the main folder and
CamooZ.exe -f:"obsbotludwig.ccs"
but nothing works.

BTW after recent update, the name of the last-used profile is no longer auto-populated in the "Select Profile:" field, and so to manually load one must first click on the Select Profile field, which opens a list of profiles for that cam, click on one, and then click on the load button. Before this update, that file was automatically populated in the field, so one just need to click on the "load" button.

falti

Hi @lcalder Ludwig,

thanks for the coffee(s) ;-)

I admit I did not put too much effort in the cmd line parameter parsing.. it needs to be exact, no shortening.

The syntax is:

-file:"C:\Users\da user\da Documents\CamooZ6\HD_Pro_Webcam_C920\prod01.ccs"

I mean -file:"............."

not your -f :-)

So -file:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs" should do the trick...

Re the auto-population: let me check...

Cheers

Falti

I've tried everything to load a .ccs file but the program just acts like it was loaded the normal way.
I tried loading from command line thus:
CamooZ.exe -f:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs"
.\CamooZ.exe -f:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs"
C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\CamooZ.exe -f:"C:\Users\Ludwig\Documents\CamooZ6\OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera\obsbotludwig.ccs"
I tried moving it from the OBSBOT_Tiny_Camera folder into the main folder and
CamooZ.exe -f:"obsbotludwig.ccs"
but nothing works.

BTW after recent update, the name of the last-used profile is no longer auto-populated in the "Select Profile:" field, and so to manually load one must first click on the Select Profile field, which opens a list of profiles for that cam, click on one, and then click on the load button. Before this update, that file was automatically populated in the field, so one just need to click on the "load" button.

Last edited: