CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.2

Thanks for Camooz, it is saving me some time and hassle with retaining my OBS Camera settings.

One issue though is that there is no option to disable "Low light compensation" in Camooz.

I am using this camera...

I have saved settings to a Profile file.

Cold boot. Start Camooz GUI. Load Profile. Check settings in Camooz. All webcam settings match the profile as expected.

Cold boot. Load Profile using the -file: parameter. Check settings using Camooz. The Focus and White Balance values do not change to match those in the profile I loaded (all other settings do match the profile). That's an issue.

Cold boot. Disable "Low Light Compensation" in Windows Camera Settings. Load Profile using the -file: parameter. Check settings in Camooz. All webcam settings match the profile. It seems that disabling "Low Light Compensation" before loading the Camooz profile using the -file: parameter fixes the issue with Focus and White Balance not being set correctly by the profile.

Cold boot. Load Profile using the -file: parameter. Load Profile a second time using the -file: parameter. Check settings in Camooz. All webcam settings match the profile. It seems that loading the profile twice fixes the issue with Focus and White Balance not being set correctly.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Why doesn't Camooz have an option for enabling/disabling "Low light compensation"?

Thanks in advance.
Laurence.

falti

Hi @Laurence Hookway
what version are you working with? The issue re having to load the file twice (cmd line) should be fixed since 6.0b.

Low Light Compensation is a tricky thing. Has never been an issue for my cameras, so I did not include it in CamooZ...let me look into it.

Cheers
Falti

Last edited:
Hi @Laurence Hookway
what version are you working with? The issue re having to load the file twice (cmd line) should be fixed since 6.0b.

Back light comp is a tricky thing. Has never been an issue for my cameras, so I did not include it in CamooZ...let me look into it.

Cheers
Falti
Thank you for the quick response Falti, muc appreciated.

Downloaded 6.1 and it fixed my issue. Keep me posted on the "Low Light Compensation" thing :)

Cheers,
Laurence.

b3b0

Old Version 3.1 runs without problems...

But I'm not able to start the latest version 6.1. I checked the task manager, there is no other version running!?

2022-03-01 13_21_42-Window.png

I Assume there is a conflict with already used port 8080, any hints?

falti

@b3b0 - I could recreate your scenario - it took webserver autostart to be enabled with default port 8080. If I then use 8080 elsewhere, CamooZ will not start - as you described / screenshot. 6.2 fixes that bug

ramasule

Hello falti, any chance you could release the source code and / or I know there are many people who would like to use third party software to connect to this, as nothing like it exists. Is there any chance you could add in a API or Websocket connection into it?

Thank you so much,

Ram

falti

Hi @ramasule,

two ideas:

1) Webbrowser interface already built-in
Have you noticed that CamooZ can be run as a webserver and then controlled via a browser on the same network (GUI or command line)?

Like e.g. http://192.168.2.13:8080/set?Brightness=128

2) I could provide a DLL
I cannot release the source code. It wouldn't help most people anyway as it's written in Delphi. But I have made an API exporting things into a very easy to use dll. Would you be the one to start using / testing it or are we talking other people?

Cheers
Falti

ramasule

@falti I would like to send commands into it via lioranboard.
I have 0 coding knowledge but would be willing to test it. I did see the webserver I will play with it some more and try it out. Thank you again Falti.

ramasule

Hi @ramasule,

two ideas:

1) Webbrowser interface already built-in
Have you noticed that CamooZ can be run as a webserver and then controlled via a browser on the same network (GUI or command line)?

Like e.g. http://192.168.2.13:8080/set?Brightness=128

2) I could provide a DLL
I cannot release the source code. It wouldn't help most people anyway as it's written in Delphi. But I have made an API exporting things into a very easy to use dll. Would you be the one to start using / testing it or are we talking other people?

Cheers
Falti
I was unable to get it to work via sending a http request. I know I can open it in browsers but I have 8 cameras I would like to be able to adjust and I don't want a URL opening on my computer everytime someone tries to adjust something. Ive posted this in the lioranboard discord hopefully someone smarter than me will help figure this out. Thank you again Falti

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore cam settings (now with classic mode & low light compensation) with a new update entry:

Now with (additional) classic mode

Version 6.4 comes with an additional and alternative much smaller GUI for those of you with limited monitor space ;-) It looks somewhat like the original DirectShow settings dialog as you may know from clicking "Configure video" in OBS. Clicking the button on the lower right brings you back to the big GUI.

View attachment 81656

View attachment 81657

Read the rest of this update entry...

falti

Hi @PedjaS, I gave your idea of a much smaller GUI another thought and created it. So on the main screen of V 6.4 you can now choose "classic mode" that brings you here:

1647194118869.png

1647194129577.png

Cheers

Falti

LogiC930eUser

Hello,
Works great to turn off low light compensation on my Logitech C930e, but I'm encountering one minor issue below in order to automate that with the command line.
First, I opened CamooZ, configured the camera settings, then saved the settings. Then, the settings file was copied to the same folder as CamooZ executable for convenience.
Then, in command line, I invoked the program with
CamooZ.exe -file:"default.ccs"
This is what the program returns:

1647220945046.png

I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly here, any advice on how to save the settings file properly, so that I can run this in command line at startup?
Thank you so much for writing this.
Sincerely.
HN

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore cam settings (now with classic mode & low light compensation) with a new update entry:

Fixed -file parameter issue

6.4a fixes an issue when automating with the -file parameter and not giving a fully qualified path, but only the file name (when it sits in the same folder as the exe).

Example:
c:\program files\camooz\camooz.exe -file:"C:\Users\dauser\Documents\CamooZ6\HD_Pro_Webcam_C920\prod01.ccs" worked in 6.4

whereas
c:\program files\camooz\camooz.exe -file:"prod01.ccs" caused the file not to be properly processed.

Starting with 6.4a when we get only a filename and no folder, we shall...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: