Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

Monsteer

The first log from yesterday is not more clear:

I've been testing and found a way to make it reproducible.

-Install Audio Monitor v.0.3.0 or 0.3.1
-Create a new scene collection
-Add a VLC source, i have used an mp3 file
-Add an Audio Monitor filter (v.0.3.0 or 0.3.1) to the VLC source
-Close OBS
-Install Audio Monitor v.0.3.2
-Open OBS
-OBS Studio crashes (without log file this time)

I have checked Meter Output, Output Slider, Only Active and Outputs showing Track 1 with no device selected.

It seems that only happen with a VLC source.
The filter from previous versions with media sources, mic, desktop audio, browser... works fine.

Exeldro

@Monsteer thank you for all the testing, I will try and replicate and fix it tomorrow.
Are there any lua scripts loaded during this test? because the crash log points to lua

micahpwhite

I just downloaded 0.3.2 because I was having repeated crashes, and I'm still experiencing crashes when I go to Settings >> Outputs >> Track 1 (but track 1, only... I see "Show" on Tracks 2-6).

Attachments

• Crash 2021-02-10 10-36-51.txt
    150 KB · Views: 27

Monsteer

I keep testing...

Directly in version 0.3.2 with 2 different pc's:

PC 1 (i7 6700K GTX1080 with many plugins installed):

If i apply the filter to a VLC source and just switch to another scene without that source and then go back to the previous scene again, OBS crashes.

The same if i try to go forward in the video or mp3 with the seek bar or if click on the next track button, from obs or from the Media Controls plugin.

PC 2 (i7 8700K RTX2080TI with only NDI and Audio Monitor v.0.3.2 plugins)

It's more difficult to make it crash, but clicking over next track button 2 times it's enough.

This worked fine in previous versions.

maidstein

Unbenannt.PNG
Untitled-1.png

Error occurs when selecting and deselecting an output device e.g. for Track 2.

maidstein

Untitled-2.png

And OBS crashes again if plugin assigns a wrong name for Track 1 (e.g. 'Zoom H6 2' instead of 'Track 1') at startup and if hovering over 'Track 1' with mouse. Unfortunatly I cannot explain why OBS sometimes assigns a wrong name for Track 1. After a couple of restarts the problem suddenly disappear.

maidstein

Unbenannt.PNG

With output sliders activated in 'Audio Monitor' locking and unlocking volume of an audio device doesn't match with indicator in 'Audio-Mixer'.

maidstein

Unbenannt.PNG

It would be nice if we could optionally connect output and monitoring volume levels for simultaneous volume level shifting.

Exeldro

@aega can you provide me a crash log? so I can maybe see what goes wrong. I don't own a mac myself, so I can not test or replicate it myself, so hopefully I can fix it by reading a crash log or an other developer with Mac can help me.

@maidstein obs does not have an option for notifications of lock status changes
I like the idea for an option to move sliders together
Hiding sources is still on my todo list.
the wrong track 1 is that a hang or a crash? If it is a crash can you provide a crash log?
the size of output track meter after removing the last monitoring device I can replicate and will try to fix that.

aega

@aega can you provide me a crash log? so I can maybe see what goes wrong. I don't own a mac myself, so I can not test or replicate it myself, so hopefully I can fix it by reading a crash log or an other developer with Mac can help me.

Logs attached

Attachments

• 2021-02-11 11-22-45 Crash.txt
    121.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2021-02-11 11-22-45.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 24

Monsteer

View attachment 67325
And OBS crashes again if plugin assigns a wrong name for Track 1 (e.g. 'Zoom H6 2' instead of 'Track 1') at startup and if hovering over 'Track 1' with mouse. Unfortunatly I cannot explain why OBS sometimes assigns a wrong name for Track 1. After a couple of restarts the problem suddenly disappear.

I think it's the bug that duplicates the audio source.

Sin título-1.png

It happens when no track is shown in the outputs.
In your screenshot there is no track showing.

If you leave at least one track, this bug does not happen.

The audio source that has the filter is the one that is displayed twice.

Last edited:

Monsteer

I think it's the bug that duplicates the audio source.

View attachment 67346

It happens when no track is shown in the outputs.
In your screenshot there is no track showing.

If you leave at least one track, this bug does not happen.

The audio source that has the filter is the one that is displayed twice.

If you have applied more than one filter, only the first one you have placed will be displayed twice.

MacNut

Just a minor bug report on the MacOS version: window geometry is forgotten when quitting OBS and restarting. It always starts up in a window of 2382X1738 pixels on my screen. Tried this out on two iMacs with same result. If Audio Monitor is removed, window geometry is remembered when quitting and restarting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.52.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.52.19 PM.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 30

maidstein

Just a thought, it would be nice if we could have a faster filter access to the audio devices, e.g. to make audio device names clickable. That would be very helpful when latency functionality will be introduced.
Untitled-1.png