Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

Exeldro

@Bermyassassin if the OBS log does show the plugin loaded without error you should be able to see the Audio Monitor dock in the view - docks menu.

Uninstalling obs(.live) you have an option to delete all settings this should normally be off keeping all your scenes and sources

RockBastard

When I add an Audio Monitor, E.g. to a virtual cable, it somehow affects the volume level on the other sources in a scene. However, if I turn down the volume control on the audio monitor, I can hear that its the volume slider is what courses the problem. Any suggestions?

keithlancaster

Trying to install on Big Sur 11.1 and getting "operation could not be completed" due to installer pagecontrol error. Anyone else seeing this?

RockBastard

Problem solved
When I add an Audio Monitor, E.g. to a virtual cable, it somehow affects the volume level on the other sources in a scene. However, if I turn down the volume control on the audio monitor, I can hear that its the volume slider is what courses the problem. Any suggestions?
Problem solved - It was a virtual cable that was "assigned" for two sources at once

p8n

Need to rename the sliders. I am hoping to use AUDIO MONITOR instead of Voicemeeter. To simplify my example, I hae three possible monitoring outputs from one source eg Main hall speakers,Foldback, headset. So I have added three Audio Monitor instances going to three difference places but I cant tell which slider is which. I need to put target labels on them the same as I do in Voicemeeter.

Exeldro

@p8n the sliders get the name of the filter or device as tooltip. I think it would take up to much space to give each slider a name label

lifewithmatthew

I added the monitor filter to my mic and was surprised that even when my mic isn't included in the scene it still outputs through the filter. Is there anyway to only have the filter active if the device is present in the scene?

lan-z

@p8n the sliders get the name of the filter or device as tooltip. I think it would take up to much space to give each slider a name label

Hmm, can the fader handle be color coded? I had a scenario during a demo today where I thought my faders were all in the same order. Headphones, Speakers & Conference. On one source they sorted differently so I kept turning speakers up instead of my headphones. Haha.

If you could add a single color as a visual representation to each filter that would be kinda cool and prevent that. If not the handle, maybe just a dot under each slider.

BTW, I don’t even use the OBS faders anymore!

maidstein

Hmm, can the fader handle be color coded? I had a scenario during a demo today where I thought my faders were all in the same order. Headphones, Speakers & Conference. On one source they sorted differently so I kept turning speakers up instead of my headphones. Haha.

If you could add a single color as a visual representation to each filter that would be kinda cool and prevent that. If not the handle, maybe just a dot under each slider.

BTW, I don’t even use the OBS faders anymore!
The way it is, it's pretty cluttered. For example, different locations for setting the latencies, sliders cannot be quickly identified, etc.

In my opinion, the functionality of "Audio Monitor" should be completely taken over in OBS.

How can we work towards an implementation in OBS? Ideas?!

lan-z

Thanks!! I used 2 digits for the names to note H = Headphones, S = Speakers and C = Conference so it doesn't take up any space.

1613824800554.png

GabiDG

I do not see it in the change log, but now muted sources are also muted in audio monitor (but the icon in the audio monitor does not show them as muted)

Exeldro

@GabiDG as far as I know that did not change, testing it I can still monitor muted sources. Can you show me the configuration you are using?

GabiDG

@GabiDG as far as I know that did not change, testing it I can still monitor muted sources. Can you show me the configuration you are using?
I was wrong, both microphones output to the monitoring device.
However, they do not appear as muted in the audio monitor (when muted in the audio mixer), which I assume it is ok, because they are not actually muted in the monitor. In version 0.5 they appeared as muted, even though they were outputting to the monitoring device.