Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

Just had this crash today while adjusting the volume for a source when linked to an audio monitor adjusted using websockets (MIDIControl). Might be related to this plugin or websockets. Also just updated to 0.7.0.

Sorry for barbering you with bug reports. Love your work and thx for taking the time with your great support! :)

Attachments

• Crash 2021-03-01 13-56-26.txt
    150 KB · Views: 29
  • 2021-03-01 12-00-21.txt
    28 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

lelando

Many thanks to you, sir, I can now control my audio so much more! Again, thank you!

There's just one more type of audio that I still can't figure out how to control, and that's the audio in a stinger transition. I have no idea how to route that *anywhere* in obs. Perhaps you and your wizardry might be able to figure that out and add it to Audio Monitor.

Thanks so much for everything you put into the OBS community!

Cheers,
Lelando

stoyanov

Hi, @Exeldro! Congrats on the great plugin! Is there anything to note about the Audio settings in the main "Settings" window? What should be active/inactive there?

kkphoto

Thank you for your hard work! This is a great, and very useful plugin. I did find a bug that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet. I'm using the latest OBS on Mac and installed your plugin today. If I add the Audio Meter filter to a source that already has a standard audio filter (like gate), then later try to remove either filter, OBS crashes instantly. I've verified this by removing it when it is the ONLY filter on a source - no problem. I uninstalled Audio Meter and then added multiple filters to a source and removed them - no problem. Only upon re-installing the Audio Meter, then adding multiple audio filters and then trying to remove one, does it crash.

Other than this, it has awesome potential, so thank you.

#bugs

thewitt

V 0.7.0

The window in the dock hides the bottom text. Any thoughts on how to get around this?
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 1.23.10 PM.png

lofihap

Plug-in doesn't seem to be working - attempting to use it but getting loop back humming, and the monitor output isn't controlling the volume at all.

Elocin_Anagram

I love the idea of this plug-in. I haven't fully deployed it yet because shortly after installing v0.3.1 my ndi stopped working.I used the windows installer to install this plug-in, so I used Programs and Features to uninstall to see if that would solve my NDI issues. Windows say it's not installed but it's still there in obs filters. I still need a clean uninstall to see if it solves my NDI issues.

Domassimo

Thank you for your hard work! This is a great, and very useful plugin. I did find a bug that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet. I'm using the latest OBS on Mac and installed your plugin today. If I add the Audio Meter filter to a source that already has a standard audio filter (like gate), then later try to remove either filter, OBS crashes instantly. I've verified this by removing it when it is the ONLY filter on a source - no problem. I uninstalled Audio Meter and then added multiple filters to a source and removed them - no problem. Only upon re-installing the Audio Meter, then adding multiple audio filters and then trying to remove one, does it crash.

Other than this, it has awesome potential, so thank you.

#bugs

First off, great plugin! It's really helpful.

I'm facing the same issue with OBS 26.1.2 on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina, using v0.7.1. No problem removing the Audio Monitor filter when it's the only one, but instant crash if there are other filters (after confirming deletion via the popup). As with the user above, trying to remove other filters also cause crashes, as does moving any filter in the order up or down. For some reason, I can't get crash reports to appear so I'm unable to share those. Not sure how helpful the logs below are.

I also noticed a crash when trying to show Track 2 in the monitor panel but I haven't investigated that further.

Attachments

• 2021-03-09 12-23-31.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 27
  • obs-problem-report.txt
    126.8 KB · Views: 21

netrangermike

First off, great plugin! It's really helpful.

I'm facing the same issue with OBS 26.1.2 on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina, using v0.7.1. No problem removing the Audio Monitor filter when it's the only one, but instant crash if there are other filters (after confirming deletion via the popup). As with the user above, trying to remove other filters also cause crashes, as does moving any filter in the order up or down. For some reason, I can't get crash reports to appear so I'm unable to share those. Not sure how helpful the logs below are.

I also noticed a crash when trying to show Track 2 in the monitor panel but I haven't investigated that further.

I am having the same issue and the same behavior with version 0.7.1 and 0.7.0 ! Plugin is awesome, keep up the good work! Crash log attached! :)

Attachments

• crashes.rar
    64.4 KB · Views: 21

Jon P

I love the features in Audio Monitor, and continue to explore the possibilities. I believe I have 0.7.1, OBS 26.1.2, MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3. When I start up OBS I get a brief, small window with "Audio Monitor" in the title bar. The main OBS screen comes up and covers the AM window. BUT, a persistent gray rectangle remains for the entire OBS session, no matter which screens or windows I go to. I've rebooted my Mac. I've removed and re-installed OBS. Any suggestions? I'm attaching a screen capture showing the gray rectangle.
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 6.01.59 PM.png

matthewfarlymn

I just tested the 0.6.1 version and it is working fine. I can add, remove without any crashes!

I've also downgraded to version 0.6.1 which seems to work fine on macOS Big Sur.

If I use version 0.7.0 or 0.7.1 OBS crashes when making changes to filters or trying to remove filters which have an Audio Monitor filter associated (this includes the Audio Monitor filter removal as well).

Daddy Cool Swe

Can someone help me (Im not a Streamer)? I love the idea of not needing Voicemeeter, preferably without touching the Windows mixer.
I use my computer during daytime (work) with OBS Studio and MS Teams. In a perfect world I just close down OBS and MS teams and use games and other stuff with the (internal) Windows mixer setup.
I have two virtual cables and want to rout my microphone and desktop sound via A, and MS Teams participants via B. Anyone have a workaround for this scenario?

Advansys

I have two virtual cables and want to rout my microphone and desktop sound via A, and MS Teams participants via B. Anyone have a workaround for this scenario?

There are a number of YouTube videos which show you how to do this with Zoom and the principle is the same. Before the appearance of the Audio Monitor plugin, you'd have to use the OBS Audio Monitor option (OBS Studio's audio output) to route one virtual cable (say A) from the Audio Monitor selection (in Audio settings) to the MS Teams microphone input. In this scenario, you need to select the Advanced Audio properties and choose the Monitor and Output option for each sound source, i.e. desktop, microphone, to be included in your OBS monitor audio going to MS Teams.

Audio Monitor plugin, you no longer need to use the OBS Studio Monitor approach nor use the Advanced Audio properties settings. You still have one end of the Virtual Cable A going to the MS Teams microphone input, although now with Audio Monitor, you send the desired audio source(s) output to the MS Teams microphone input by choosing Virtual Cable A as the output destination in the Audio Monitor interface.

To get MS Teams audio back into OBS Studio, you use one end of the second cable, say Virtual Cable B, selected as the MS Teams speaker output. The other end of the Virtual Cable B is configured either in OBS Studio settings, Audio, Global Audio Devices or via Audio Output Capture source in your scene.

I will need to create a diagram because I'm sure a picture will speak one thousand words... :)

Tom-1-Hannover

Das Monitorin ist bei mir kein Problem, aber ich bekomme keinen Ton zu anderen Teilnehmern übertragen. Also - Wenn ich ein bestehendes Video als Medienquelle einfüge und dies laufen lasse, dann die VR-Cam starte und diese Bild in einer Meetingsoftware abgreife, also z. B. in Zoom, Teams oder GoToMeeting usw. die OBS-Cam nutze. Sehe ich auf dem empfangen Client zwar das Video, bekomme aber keinen Ton. Habt ihr eine Idee????

Al from Ottawa

Using filter to direct input from a little USB mixer to Zoom, adding a delay to sync audio with video from 2 cameras. Easy and effective.

Then started using it on some videos played through OBS, to get their audio to Zoom when for some reason the OBS audio properties monitor did not seem to be sending it. It appears that audio from the microphone input (presumably via the filter) is mixed in with audio from the video, even though the microphone audio source is not active in OBS. Is this normal? Do we have to manually turn down our mixer board to zero while showing videos? Or is there a better solution? Windows 10 fully updated on a recent laptop.

Daddy Cool Swe

I will need to create a diagram because I'm sure a picture will speak one thousand words... :)

Thanks a lot, I really appriciate your effort.

I have now succeeded to send my desktop aswell as microphone to (virtual) cable B, and in MS Teams chose that cable as "microphone".
And by chosing (virtual) Cable A as "speaker" in MS Teams I manage to separate it from my desktop sound, which otherwise gave echo.

And most important, this without the need to rout virtual cables in Windows.

However, I get a continoueues low distortian sound from (virtual) Cable A that I can hear in my headphones - which I dont get on my rigg using Voice Meteer. I know this is super hard to troublesoot, especiall remote. And honestly, I can live with that.

Ill try to include some screen shots if it can help anyone else.

OBS Sound monitor and MS Teams.png

Attachments

• OBS Sound monitor and MS Teams.png
    OBS Sound monitor and MS Teams.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: