Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

Advansys

Glad to hear about the progress. As you mention, it's hard to troubleshoot this type of problem remotely. The best way is to simplify as much as possible to troubleshoot the cause of the low distortion sound coming from Cable A, which from what I read, is the speaker output of MS Teams.

From where are you monitoring the Cable A output?

I'm assuming when listening to the MS Teams speaker output directly, there is no distortion sound?

What happens when you record the meeting? Does the recording include the distortion?

Perhaps there is still an audio loop, mixed audio sources or an audio level problem somewhere...

GrumpyDog

Is there a way that the Audio Monitor Becomes Visible when the Source becomes active, and then Hidden when the Source is inactive?

mahjong

This plugin is not compatible with OBS Studio Music Edition, right? I mean I tried to install but doesn't appears neither in the panels selection nor in the filters. A lack of OBS Studio Music Edition is what Audio Monitor does, is not possible to assign outputs. But the selection of buses in OBS Studio Music Edition is great and combined with Audio Monitor could ROCK.

Makoah

Ayy! Thank you sooo much for making this!! It is going to come in very handy for me and one very specific use.. Unfortunately I just downloaded 0.7.1 for mac and nothing is showing up in filters for any source. Looks like the installer did not work or something, I tried restarting OBS, restarting the computer and re-installing the plug in. All no go. I am running 10.14.6 Mojave. Any suggestion on what to try next?

GeeMack

Running v26.1.1 64-bit on Windows 10. In the Audio Monitor dock I have it checked to only show active sources. I use a few scenes with no sources to fade from or to black for starting or ending streams and recordings. I almost always close the OBS program on one of these source-less scenes.

When I re-open OBS, it starts on the scene with no sources, but in the Audio Monitor dock there is always an audio slider for a random media source. There are no sliders in the regular Audio Mixer dock, only the one in the Audio Monitor dock. It will be a video or audio file that I use as a source in some other scenes, but not this empty one.

So I click away the check mark to turn off the "Only Active" menu choice, and click it again to set it back to only show active sources, and that random audio source slider goes away. Then I proceed to my regular activities with OBS.

The audio source is apparently a random choice from one of my sources in another scene, maybe a video, maybe just a sound effect, and it's different from one time to the next opening the OBS program. I don't know why it appears. I do know how to make it go away. I suppose most people don't use scenes with no sources, but it's a bit inconvenient to turn off that rogue slider in the Audio Monitor dock every time I start OBS.

Arbi

Ayy! Thank you sooo much for making this!! It is going to come in very handy for me and one very specific use.. Unfortunately I just downloaded 0.7.1 for mac and nothing is showing up in filters for any source. Looks like the installer did not work or something, I tried restarting OBS, restarting the computer and re-installing the plug in. All no go. I am running 10.14.6 Mojave. Any suggestion on what to try next?

I'm in the same situation. Running Mojave, also 10.14.6. I'm so looking forward to trying it!

Phibbit

Hi. We've been using this for a few weeks now and its been excellent, however we do seem to have an issue with it.
We are using VLC sources for music videos, when we switch away from a scene and back again the video restarts as expected however we get a few milliseconds burst of sound from where the video was up to before switching away from the scene. This burst of sound if only on audio monitor and does not happen anywhere else.
Presumable this is cached sound somewhere? Is there a way to stop this?

thanks

Petecoach

Thank you for your hard work! This is a great, and very useful plugin. I did find a bug that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet. I'm using the latest OBS on Mac and installed your plugin today. If I add the Audio Meter filter to a source that already has a standard audio filter (like gate), then later try to remove either filter, OBS crashes instantly. I've verified this by removing it when it is the ONLY filter on a source - no problem. I uninstalled Audio Meter and then added multiple filters to a source and removed them - no problem. Only upon re-installing the Audio Meter, then adding multiple audio filters and then trying to remove one, does it crash.

Other than this, it has awesome potential, so thank you.

#bugs
how did you get it to work on OBS? I install dit but it doe snot show

btvmark

I'm also trying to install on a Mac and there does not seem to be an option for Mac software in the download options?

Attachments

• Download options.jpg
    Download options.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 56

russellvfx

I'm trying to determine changing my audio set up. (Switching from Voicemeeter)
Currently I always have to have Voicemeeter open to run my audio when im streaming and not streaming.
With this plugin would I need OBS open to run my audio when im not streaming?

Alternatively, if anyone has a guide or video showing how to set up audio to work offline without these programs, that would be greatly appreciated.

StreamOn

This plugin is not compatible with OBS Studio Music Edition, right? I mean I tried to install but doesn't appears neither in the panels selection nor in the filters. A lack of OBS Studio Music Edition is what Audio Monitor does, is not possible to assign outputs. But the selection of buses in OBS Studio Music Edition is great and combined with Audio Monitor could ROCK.
I also figured out, that this plugin does not work together with OBS Music Edition, which would be very great. This plugin is really very helpful, especially the option to assign a filter as an additional output to a sound device. Because of having separated outputs in OBS Music Edition, which supports adding audio filters, your audio filter would be enough. Is there any change to compile at least the audio filter for OBS Music Edition?

copter

This is a very cool plugin and fills the gap that OBS has had for a long time that multiple monitoring devices cannot be used.

But there is a huge delay, which seems to vary. For example, when monitoring certain audio tracks, the delay is 500-1000ms and if for example setting up a monitor for individual sources, this seems to be sometimes even higher. Needless to say, this causes problems with scenes where audio and video sync is required.

I saw somebody else mentioned this too, so I'm expecting that this is a known issue?

Reddo-fides

I am new in this forum and am not sure if I should write this post here or somewhere else but I give a try. I got a problem with using the monitor plugin with two monitor filters in one device (MacOS output set to VBCable from vb-audio.com). One of the filters is sending the system sound (using virtual Cable) via USB port in our Yamaha MG-20XU mixer to the audience in the church, the other filter is sending the system audio (virtual VB-Cable) to Zoom using virtual VBCable-A (Virtual Cable-A is the microphone to Zoom and other audio sources are sent to this cable as well). When I start the video using QuickTime, the sound is immediately available at Zoom (checked this by logging into the Zoom meeting). The audio to MG-20XU is delayed in varying degrees from 20 seconds to over 1 min or even lost altogether! When I shut down the video, the Zoom audio is immediately shut down as well but the audio to the mixer keeps playing for the same amount of time as the delay was. And the QuickTime was completely "quit"! In addition the sound is occasionally distorted. One way of solving the problem has been to shut down OBS Studio and restart it. The distorted sound has been resolved by shutting/starting the mixer. So far this behaviour seems to be random but comes quite often (perhaps after having restarted the computer). It makes it difficult to send videos in this way and I am not sure if this behaviour kicks in while playing the video. I have namely had some problems of loosing sound but cannot 100% say that this has been the cause. Anyway, it looks like the audio is being stored in the cache memory for the mixer stream while the Zoom stream seems to be ok. We are using MacBook Pro 2020, latest versions (per May 12, 2021) of BigSur, OBS Studio, Monitor plug-in, etc. Can anyone help with this problem?

CGuild

Hi!

This Plugin looks like exactly what I need, but I cant get it working after using the Windows installer. Like posters before I cant find the filter or the dock. My Log file says the plugin wasn't loaded but I'm a bit out of my depth figuring out why or how to fix it. Any tips?

Log File attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2021-05-14 14-04-14.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 36

MusicMaker

Just downloaded the plugin for mac (running Big Sur). Once I installed the plugin it did not appear in the filters list. I did close out of everything and start the computer but no luck. Any guidance?

jwilm96

This plugin has been working great for me in the past, but recently it has been unable to output to any of the VB audio cables (A, B, C, D). Ive tried uninstalling the plugin, obs and all the cables but it does not make a difference.