Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

MacNut

@Exeldro thank you very much for your work on this plugin. Having output track monitoring is excellent (!!), however I've noticed a significant delay in the output, maybe 2 seconds or so (MacOS v11.2, OBS 26.1.2). Would getting that delay down so that audio/video is aligned be possible?

MacNut

So after trying all sorts of things and restarting OBS a couple of times, the delay seems to be gone now. I think the delay I initially saw might have been a bug. If I can reproduce it I'll post along with a log file.

Israel4c

Hi @Exeldro, your work seems to be unmatched. You actively maintain your plugins and create new plugins all the time.

Could you please make this plugin for OBS (with Mac compatibilities)? This is a much desired plugin for live-streaming.

It is called vMix social it is an addon for vMix that allows you to send live data such as comments from YouTube, Twitter and Facebook to a Title within vMix.

This plugin allows comments to be shown on screen from different social platforms.

I think this plugin would be easy for you to make?

Attachments

• 7B74D2DE-9E0D-4F99-90E5-98E5A0526AB2.png
    7B74D2DE-9E0D-4F99-90E5-98E5A0526AB2.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 267FAE60-D8BD-4EB9-950D-2BCBF91F91F5.jpeg
    267FAE60-D8BD-4EB9-950D-2BCBF91F91F5.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 69

ASchneider

Hi @Exeldro, your work seems to be unmatched. You actively maintain your plugins and create new plugins all the time.

Could you please make this plugin for OBS (with Mac compatibilities)? This is a much desired plugin for live-streaming.

It is called vMix social it is an addon for vMix that allows you to send live data such as comments from YouTube, Twitter and Facebook to a Title within vMix.

This plugin allows comments to be shown on screen from different social platforms.

I think this plugin would be easy for you to make?
Hey there! This is not easy at all, you'll need to allow and connect to all your social media accounts, create those APIs, use their own frameworks that changes all the time and so on.

I agree it would be awesome to have it, I've been waiting for a solution like this to work inside OBS for years now, just like hundreds of others. This would be a game changer, indeed.

Maybe he can find some time to take a look at it and evaluate the possibilities :)

Thanks!

Maestro

@Exeldro I found out why this plugin didn't worked for me. I used it on browser source. But OBS browser playing on default audio device by default. To make this work, you need to check this in browser source properties. Now it works perfect, ty for this plugin!

76dd7563c6.png

EposVox

Hey! I seem to have a bug w/ the latest release: The audio visual meters in the "Audio Monitor" mixer do not change based on the monitor slider position, regardless of whether "Meter Output" is checked or not. If checked, it changes based on the actual output slider, but if unchecked, it doesn't change at all.
Secondarily, "Only Active" seems to do... nothing at all for me.

Exeldro

@EposVox the meters at the moment can show either the input volume or the output to stream/recording volume for sources.
For the output tracks the volume meters now always shows the volume for that track without any volume sliders applied.
The monitoring volume is not yet possible to show in the meters. I have that on my todo list.

"Only Active" at the moment hides sources from the mixer that are not in the output. The hidden sources will still output to the monitoring device.

Please tell me how you want it to work for your use cases here or via discord.

Last edited:

maidstein

"Only Active" at the moment hides sources from the mixer that are not in the output. The hidden sources will still output to the monitoring device.

Please tell me how you want it to work for your use cases here or via discord.
In my opinion, it would be more intuitive and more consistent if the hidden sources were muted in the monitoring. Otherwise it would confuse us.

If you only like to mute the sources you don't need to hide them, you could just mute them.

cheke

Hola... No he podido usar el complemento... ya lo instale pero OBS no lo detecta (OBS 26.0 64 BITS)

Bygrilinho

Hello there! Awesome plugin as always, but one suggestion... Could you add horizontal layout to the meters, just like regular OBS?

tmaxx

So what would be cool is to add with this or even another plugin would be the ability split where each monitor output goes. For example, have the audio for a particular sound source goto your headphone but also to the audio output of a monitor(through its HDMI). In my specific case, I run a church stream and we are sending it to Facebook. I currently send my audio monitor output to voice meter to split it and send audio to tv in the lobby and I send the video output as fullscreen projector of the 'program' screen on OBS to the same tv. this is sent through one of our computers display ports. it would be nice to have the ability to send audio to two outputs natively from OBS and not need voicemeter.

Live the plugin!!

REQUEST: Can you build in the “VB-Cable” splitting feature? I work in a corporate environment, and VB-Cable is not actually “free”.. and I am trying to build a system I can deploy that is based on free/open source tools as much as possible.

Lapppy

This plugin is super useful when combined with the obs-filter-hotkeys lua script. Finally I can toggle my audio monitoring with a hotkey!
My only request is to add similar functionality that normal OBS audio monitoring has: if the monitoring device is the same as the desktop audio device then do not output to it to prevent echo.

Exeldro

@Bygrilinho adding a horizontal layout is possible, but not something I plan on doing any time soon. If you want the OBS mixer to match you can set the vertical layout on the OBS audio mixer.
@tmaxx for every source you can add multiple Audio Monitor filters, each filter can have a different device to output to. Also the output tracks can be send to multiple device by clicking all the device you want in the configuration menu of the Audio Monitor dock.
@ContentDeveloper at the moment there are no plans to make a vb-cable as I don't have the knowledge for that yet.

Wolbaz

I seem to have an issue where my browser source shows up with "Only Active" checked, despite the browser source not outputting audio. "Control Audio via OBS" is unchecked and it does not show up in Audio Mixer, only in Audio Monitor.

Please, add main audio output monitor!!!
And option to add vst plugin on it, to monitor mais audio output LUFS

Andre: Are you having the same problem I am, in that the output you use to either monitor OBS audio, send it to a remote A/V display, or route it to a second computer is sending the "raw" audio mix (no clean audio crossfades between scenes, etc.) instead of the mix that goes out on the streaming platform?

I found a workaround to get the "Main" audio output to my HDMI port, but I am wondering if this is will do the same thing in a simpler way.