Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

Sorry to keep popping in and out of this discussion, but every time I see something that looks like what I need to do, I am compelled to ask the same question again. What is meant by "Add output track monitoring?" Does this send the "clean" audio mix (the one people hear on your stream with clean audio crossfades between scene changes, etc.) rather than the raw monitor mix (no audio crossfades, just one source abruptly cutting into another)?

tmaxx

You can select more than one output in Audio Monitor.
@Bygrilinho adding a horizontal layout is possible, but not something I plan on doing any time soon. If you want the OBS mixer to match you can set the vertical layout on the OBS audio mixer.
@tmaxx for every source you can add multiple Audio Monitor filters, each filter can have a different device to output to. Also the output tracks can be send to multiple device by clicking all the device you want in the configuration menu of the Audio Monitor dock.
@ContentDeveloper at the moment there are no plans to make a vb-cable as I don't have the knowledge for that yet.
[/QUOTE
@Exeldro I hadn't thought of adding multiple monitors, thanks! This plugin will help me greatly!

Amazing plugin but I did run into a bug where OBS would crash sometimes when I monitor an OBS track.
Otherwise awesome work and I'm hyped for this!

My apologies for posting my bug report in the reviews I'm new to these forms and still learning.

I attached my crash log since there's a character limit here.

Attachments

• crash log.txt
    150 KB · Views: 31
@datlaunchystark can you also provide me a normal obs log? so that I can check it for error messages and check what setup you are using to get the crash.
The log got deleted unfortunately for the crash log I posted in the last post but I do have logs for another time it crashed.

Attachments

• 2021-02-09 00-40-43.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Crash 2021-02-09 00-41-04.txt
    150 KB · Views: 26

Exeldro

@datlaunchystark the log shows "Failed to activate device: 88890004" which can be translated to:
The audio endpoint device has been unplugged, or the audio hardware or associated hardware resources have been reconfigured, disabled, removed, or otherwise made unavailable for use.

That should not cause a crash so I will try and replicate that later today.

OMG it works perfectly now!!
Thx for responding to me very quickly and providing great support :)

Also for some reason it's not letting me delete the review but I can make a new one though. Maybe you can delete it?

Also IDK if this is related to this plugin but sometimes when I start an NDI feed into OBS, the audio stops and sometimes freezes up OBS.
Sometimes it would freeze but sometimes it will add tons of latency to the audio track monitor.
Could be a bug most likely with obs-ndi.

Attachments

• 2021-02-09 04-41-56.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 26

elvn

I'm new to OBS so forgive me if this is already available and known.

I'd like to know if you can tie this plugin's volume sliders to midi addresses. Currently I am using the old "PowerMixer" app to map individual apps and audio devices to a cheap usb midi board's faders and knobs. If I could replace it with OBS and this plugin I would try it out.

I know voicemeter can do midi controllers but I had issues with voicemeter dropping sources or outputting static on some settings, only outputting stereo sound, etc. It's also got a jumbo kiosk-like/console app look. I'd like to have more support for showing app's sound levels visually like the audio level bars and controls in this OBS plugin is doing along with the target output (headphone, stream, etc) level functionality.

Powermixer works for what I am doing and would probably work in tandem with OBS and this plugin but I'd rather replace powermixer once I find a better all in one alternative. If I could do it all (mapping audio source, device levels etc to midi controls) in OBS in conjunction with this plugin it would be great. I suspect it is possible but I'd like to ask some knowledgeable people before I dive in, and I'm asking specifically in regard to how/if it would work with this plugin.

aega

@Exeldro Thanks for this awesome plugin. I just tested v.0.3.2 on MacOS 10.15.7, OBS 26.1.2, and it crashes when I try to show one of the other Tracks (2-6) in the dock. I can hide/show Track 1 without any issues. Unfortunately there's nothing in the normal OBS log.

Attachments

• audio-monitor-crash.txt
    124.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2021-02-09 11-56-53.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 24

elvn

I'm new to OBS so forgive me if this is already available and known.

I'd like to know if you can tie this plugin's volume sliders to midi addresses. Currently I am using the old "PowerMixer" app to map individual apps and audio devices to a cheap usb midi board's faders and knobs. If I could replace it with OBS and this plugin I would try it out.

I know voicemeter can do midi controllers but I had issues with voicemeter dropping sources or outputting static on some settings, only outputting stereo sound, etc. It's also got a jumbo kiosk-like/console app look. I'd like to have more support for showing app's sound levels visually like the audio level bars and controls in this OBS plugin is doing along with the target output (headphone, stream, etc) level functionality.

Powermixer works for what I am doing and would probably work in tandem with OBS and this plugin but I'd rather replace powermixer once I find a better all in one alternative. If I could do it all (mapping audio source, device levels etc to midi controls) in OBS in conjunction with this plugin it would be great. I suspect it is possible but I'd like to ask some knowledgeable people before I dive in, and I'm asking specifically in regard to how/if it would work with this plugin.

I looked it up and there are a few midi plugins for OBS that should do the trick. I'm not sure which midi plugin is best so I'll have to read up on them. Wondering if anyone has tried using phsycial midi board faders/knobs with specific OBS midi plugins + this audio monitor plugin

Monsteer

If you have a scene collection with a previous version to 0.3.2 of the filter applied to one audio source, OBS crashes at startup or when switching to this scene collection.

Users who start with this new version will have no problem, but those of us who came from previous versions, first have to remove the filters from the scene collections before installing 0.3.2.

maidstein

After some OBS crashes with Audio Monitor 0.3.2 when I try to select 'Outputs' in menue it suddenly runs stable again. It now shows me the right name for "Track 1". But in case of a crash it was showing me a wrong name for 'Track 1', concretly the same name of an audio source which is already shown in Audio Monitor section so I can see this name twice.

Attachments

• 2021-02-10 00-32-56.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Crash 2021-02-10 00-33-11.txt
    80.7 KB · Views: 29

Monsteer

@Monsteer that should not be a problem do you have a crash log for it?

I'll be at work until 18:00 (UTC + 01: 00).

What i remember from the first error log was that it was referring to lua51.dll

I have not reported it as a bug because i have not been able to ensure that it is not a combination of other factors (other plugins, scripts, etc.)

I have left the post in case someone else gets that problem can have a quick way to solve it.