Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

osi74

Can you give us more details about the memory leak?
For instance, tell us how much memory it increases after the activation of the plugin (you said ~400mb when the plugin is off).
I have never been in the room staring at the task manager when OBS crashes. I have 32gb on this PC and I have seen OBS hit 15gb when I forget to restart the stream at 24hrs.
I'm guessing that the crash happens when OBS hits around 20-25gb where as normal operation of OBS for this set up is ~400-500mb, normal operations for all the programs is ~9-12gb max only if I have other software running while I am working on something.
Just before I uninstalled the plugin it was up to 3gb you could see it rise a mb in a few seconds.

I checked our second live streaming PC during Mr. Lobo's live stream which is using version 0.8.1 of AUDIO MONITOR, and it's NOT leaking.

Later on the week I will install 0.8.1 on this PC before our Friday Live Stream and monitor the ram usage before and after.
I am super surprised that this plug in has not been absorbed into the official releases of OBS, it's a really useful plug in for anyone using a secondary audio output device like USB mics or mixers.

Thanks,
J3D

Nephiles

Update: After some adjustments in OBS, everything is now working synchronously and as expected. Adding an option for horizontal view would be a great addition.
I had hoped that my issues would be resolved, but unfortunately, it was too early. I added an audio monitor filter to each audio track for the transfer from Windows to macOS via the Capture Card. While the video and audio synchronization is working, when I start OBS, the plugin doesn't seem to function as expected. Neither muting a track nor adjusting the fader transfers the values properly, whether through the plugin or the audio mixer.

It appears that this problem is already known, and I'm hoping for an update, as the plugin is currently unusable for me. Even routing the audio output (Track 1-6) results in synchronization problems and is, therefore, not usable.

routerpete

MAC OS 13.5.2 Apple M2 Pro
I used the ARM audio monitor plugin and did not see the option to add the appropriate monitor. And also added the universal plugin. No bueno. Is there not an option for the M2 at the moment? My M1 works fine at the moment, however. Thanks in advance.

bedcookie

Issue: The audio device won't change if I change my default audio device on Windows.

Current scenario: When setting up the Audio Monitor filter, I choose "Default" under the Device option. I often change my default audio device on Windows mid-stream, so I expect this filter to follow my Windows settings whenever I change my default audio device. But unfortunately, it didn't. The Audio Monitor output device keeps using whichever default device that was used when the filter was setup, even though Windows now has a different default output device.

This would help a lot of users who have multiple audio setups, for example, one with a headset and one with a speaker. Unfortunately, for people without mixers such as VoiceMeeter, there's no way to get around this issue except to setup the filter and change the Device option manually every single time.

TL;DR: ...
I would love to have the output device changes according to the default audio device being used by Windows every time.

AaronD

Issue: The audio device won't change if I change my default audio device on Windows.

Current scenario: When setting up the Audio Monitor filter, I choose "Default" under the Device option. I often change my default audio device on Windows mid-stream, so I expect this filter to follow my Windows settings whenever I change my default audio device. But unfortunately, it didn't. The Audio Monitor output device keeps using whichever default device that was used when the filter was setup, even though Windows now has a different default output device.

This would help a lot of users who have multiple audio setups, for example, one with a headset and one with a speaker. Unfortunately, for people without mixers such as VoiceMeeter, there's no way to get around this issue except to setup the filter and change the Device option manually every single time.

TL;DR: ...
I would love to have the output device changes according to the default audio device being used by Windows every time.
OBS itself, I believe, looks at the OS selection on startup only, so the plugin is probably just following suit, or even just calling the same function that OBS uses internally. At any rate, continuing to follow that selection after startup could be a fair amount of work to rewrite something that already exists and works...except for that one little detail.

I wonder if the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin could help you?
It doesn't handle audio at all, but it can control audio settings. (and a ton of other things in response to almost anything) I don't think it'll control another plugin, but it can generate hotkeys that another plugin can respond to, and it can control the volume of OBS sources.

At the very least, you might have multiple sources for the same thing, each going to a different device, and use Adv. SS to switch those sources automatically.

bedcookie

OBS itself, I believe, looks at the OS selection on startup only, so the plugin is probably just following suit, or even just calling the same function that OBS uses internally.
OBS does not stick with only one default device; it doesn't require restarting or anything at all to change the output device. For example, on the Global Audio Devices section of OBS Settings, when you set one of them to "Default," the software follows whichever Windows-selected default output device before and after it goes through changes.

The only thing that doesn't change when we change the output device is the 'Communication' output and input devices; these are being used by social applications such as Discord and Zoom.

More info on my part: I do use Advanced Scene Switcher and VocieMeeter. So my point still stands... The reason why I installed this plugin to fix my audio headache instead of using a mixer such as VoiceMeeter as the solution is that there's no "Default" output device in a mixer; it's self-explanatory that switching output devices must be done manually in a mixer.

OP3

@Exeldro I updated this plugin and noticed it installed to my older version of OBS not the obs-studio-29 folder where my current version is. Is it possible to add a UI to ask where to install? Used the windows installer.

johasnd

Hello , OBS audio monitor plugin currruntly has a problem whereby where you close the plugin it crashes ??? is there a way to fix this ? this is the crash report ::
Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2023-11-27, 21:40:09
Fault address: 7FFF844E3F51 (c:\program files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-ndi.dll)
libobs version: 30.0.0 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 22621 (release: 22H2; revision: 2715; 64-bit)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics

RauliePolie

Hello! I have an issue where my OBS crashes on exit every time I use the Move Transition plugin along with Audio Monitor.
It specifically guarantees a crash when I use a hotkey switch on my Steam Deck (Filter button through the OBS Studio plugin), a keyboard assigned combination with a script (obs-filter-hotkeys), or even manually toggling the Move Value filter under the source filter list.

Version 0.8.1 is the last update to not have the same crash issue when exiting OBS, but it can run into to the nasty audio crashing/hanging that is fixed in newer versions.

I've attached my latest crash report; I'll be glad to provide any other info/evidence of the issue for research.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-12-11 17-03-11.txt
    92.9 KB · Views: 19

RauliePolie

@Exeldro I have linked a YouTube video of me demonstrating the issue since it may be confusing to write out the steps, but let me know if you'd prefer it typed instead.

Using both my installed OBS and a fresh portable OBS folder for testing, I noticed that the portable instance did not crash with the same actions as the installed one.
They still both have the same desync between Audio Monitor and the source volume on restart until the volume in the filter is adjusted first.

While you review the video, I'll find time to sit down and do a completely fresh install of OBS to recreate my scene collection in hopes that does the trick.
The only difference between both the installed and portable versions at this point would be the Elgato Steam Deck connection, but I made sure not to use that during testing in the linked video.

Timboxyz

Hmm. I've just tried this plugin (0.83) on MacOS and upon quitting OBS crashed, need some time to poke about a bit and see if there is a consistent methodology, but maybe there is still a problem somewhere.

CodeYan

Hmm. I've just tried this plugin (0.83) on MacOS and upon quitting OBS crashed, need some time to poke about a bit and see if there is a consistent methodology, but maybe there is still a problem somewhere.
Please send the normal log and crash log where it happened.

Exeldro

@indoorstoomuch
  1. Open Finder
  2. Press cmd + shift + G which will open a dialog box which will open a dialog box
  3. Paste the following into the box: ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
  4. After you’ve pasted, hit the return key
  5. Inside the folder, delete the audio-monitor.plugin file

mrgrayum

Hello. I've seen it discussed a few other places in the past few months when I've searched, but curious if someone might know of the "why" or a fix for the following:

Audio monitor works well. When you select "link to source muting" on a sepcific source it works well. :You mute the original audio source and the audio monitor filter also mutes. If you close and open OBS the setting will still show the audio monitor linked to source muting, BUT it won't actually mute the monitor send. Audio sends out even if you mute the original audio source. If you make some simple update like tick the "lock" box or reselect the setting of link to source muting on the audio monitor setting it will start working again. This happens everytime OBS restarts. Thanks for any thoughts!

David_G

I'm using 64bit OBS 29.1.3 and Audio Monitor 0.8.3. After adding "Audio Monitor" to either "Media Source" or "VLC Video Source" then enabling "Volume linked to source volume" and subsquently altering the sources volume in the Audio Mixer OBS crashes both on exit and when switching to another scene selection. I get a Crash log with "VLC Video Source" but when using "Media Source" OBS doesn't produce one.

Attachments

• Source Cleanup Error.png
    Source Cleanup Error.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Crash 2024-01-25 16-39-09.txt
    54.4 KB · Views: 8